Jatbula Trail, 6 Days
Valid for select departures 24 May - 23 August
6 day tour departing Darwin.
5 breakfasts, 6 lunches and 5 dinners, snacks & hot drinks.
Accommodated in tents, all group camping equipment including mosquito net, sleeping mats, ground sheet (tarpaulin), stoves, cooking and eating utensils.
Professional wilderness guides (2 guides).
All National Park and camping fees.
Emergency communications and group first aid kit.
Return transport from Darwin.
Day 1 Katherine Gorge to Biddlecombe Cascades. We pick you up from your Darwin accommodation between 6:00 and 6:30am, before heading south on the Stuart Highway to Katherine. The starting point of our walk is at Katherine Gorge. After lunch, we cross the Katherine River and begin our trek into the stone country. The Northern Rockhole offers a fantastic swimming spot. We then trek to our evening campsite beside the clear, flowing stream of Biddlecombe Cascades. Walking distance: 8km | Driving time: approx 4 hours
Day 2 Trek to Crystal Falls. Today's trek takes us further into the rugged stone country. We are now deep in the wilderness of the Arnhemland Escarpment and Stone Country which extends almost 1000 kilometres through the heart of the Top End. The trail today includes some interesting Jawoyn Aboriginal rock art sites hidden in the many rocky outcrops and overhangs. The cascades of Crystal Falls are an inviting backdrop to our campsite. Walking distance: 10.5km
Day 3 Trek to the Amphitheatre to 17 Mile Falls. A good morning trek brings us to the Amphitheatre, an aptly named natural pocket in the escarpment. The shade of the cliffs encourages a rich monsoonal rain forest and the rock shelters exhibit the art of the Jawoyn Traditional Owners. Trekking along the edge of the escarpment with its stunning views, we reach our camp and the spectacular 17 Mile Falls. The rock pools above the falls offer great swimming in the spring fed clear streams. Walking distance: 10km
Day 4 Trek to Sandy Camp Pool. A bigger day of trekking takes us to the Edith River Crossing as it flows across the stone country. The permanent waterholes here attract abundant birdlife and are a wonderful place to enjoy another delicious picnic lunch. We will follow the course of the river with its gentle gradients to our evening campsite at Sandy Camp Pool. Walking distance: 16.5km
Day 5 Trek to Sweetwater Pool. After a big day on the trail yesterday, we enjoy a more leisurely walk today - with plenty of time to enjoy our last full day out in this magnificent country. We continue along the Edith River with its Paperbark Forests, cascades and water holes arriving at Sweetwater Pool by early afternoon. We have the rest of the day to relax at this beautiful campsite, explore and swim. Our guides will deliver a great meal this evening on the banks of the waterhole. Walking distance: 11km
Day 6 Trek to Leliyn to Darwin. Our final day on the Jatbula We pack up camp and follow the trail to Leliyn (Edith Falls). There is the opportunity to swim in some of the best holes of the walk before we reach the trail's end. After enjoying a leisurely lunch at Edith Falls, we board the awaiting bus and transfer back to Darwin. We aim to drop you back at your accommodation between 4-5pm. This evening your group may like to meet at one of Darwin's great eateries for a celebratory dinner Walking distance: 4.5km | Driving time: approx 4hrs
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 April 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans