Kanangra to Katoomba, 3 Days
Valid for select departures 17 September - 15 October 2020
3 day tour departing Katoomba.
2 nights camping with tent and inflatable sleeping mat provided.
2 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 2 dinners.
Professional wilderness guide.
National Park entrance fees.
Transport by private minibus.
Emergency communications and group first aid kit.
Day 1 Kanangra Walls to Dex Creek. As we leave the carpark we are met with stunning views, with breathtaking outlooks across Kanangra Gorge. The track crosses a number of rocky clearings along a plateau, before heading into a small gully. There are sections where scrambling is required and you may need to take your packs off. Today is a physically tough day, with lots of false summits and steep climbs leading up to Mt Cloudmaker. Leaving Mt Cloudmaker we follow the north side of the summit ridge, then drop down toward Dex Creek. The campsite at Dex Creek is in a semi-protected gully/swamp at an elevation of approximately 1000m. Dex Creek usually has clear, flowing water, and the creek is easy to access as it flows right through the middle of the camp site. Walking Time: 7-8 hours
Day 2 Dex Creek to Mobbs Swamp. When we head off this morning there will be a short section of bush bashing required to reach the track that heads to Mt Moorilla Maloo. This section is very pretty with nice views. We continue north to Mt Amarina, before heading around Mt Strongleg. The descent down Mount Strongleg to the Coxes River is notoriously difficult and can be hard on the knees. The descent is steep and includes some very rocky sections. (Walking poles are highly recommended). We cross through the Coxes River and then head up the Yellow Pup Ridge track. The rest of the track to Mobbs Swamp traverses Mt Dingo and Mt Merrimerrigal through Casurina Forest. This part of the track is well formed and easy walking. Overnight at Mobbs Swamp. Walking Time: 7-8 hours
Day 3 Mobbs Swamp to Katoomba. We start the day with an easy walk, following a well made and mostly flat track to Medlow Gap. From there we ascend to Tarro's Ladders, with a fairly easy elevation gain of 300m. Tarro's Ladders are a set of climbing staples fixed into the rock. The climb is only about 8m but can be difficult, especially when carrying a full pack. Belaying and pack hauling will be necessary for the climb. The track continues upwards, through clefts in the rocks up to Clear Hill. We end the day following 12km of fire trail to Narrow Neck. Walking Time: 6-7 hours
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 December 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.