Iconic Blue Mountains Walk, 3 Days
Valid for select departures 31 July 2020 - 23 June 2021
3 day tour departing Katoomba.
2 nights accommodationin Katoomba (including 2 breakfasts and 1 dinner).
Hearty gourmet trail lunch each day.
Our pick of the best Blue Mountains walks.
Professional, knowledgeable and passionate guide(s).
National Park entrance fees.
Transport by private minibus.
Emergency communications and group first aid kit.
Day 1 Wentworth Falls to Valley of the Waters. Following a meet-and-greet and briefing by your guide/s at the BMAC office in Katoomba, we'll make our way to the town of Wentworth Falls. The short drive will conclude at Conservation Hut where we'll disembark and begin our explorations on foot. It won't be long before you'll enjoy grand views southward across the Jamison Valley towards the ever-present Mount Solitary and beyond. We'll continue along the scenic trails atop the escarpment as we head towards the iconic Wentworth Falls. Renowned as one of the most stunning waterfalls of the Blue Mountains, we'll start our discovery of this iconic natural wonder at the point it begins its dramatic vertical descent. What better way to experience the sheer scale of the escarpments and the passage of Wentworth Falls than to descend the Grand Stairway. Carved into the sandstone you will be able to marvel both at the creation of the trail and the natural wonders that surround you. Once we've descended Slacks Stairs to the base of the Falls, we'll pause to take it all in and perhaps the brave may test the water with a quick dip. We'll then connect with Wentworth Pass and travel towards the Valley of the Waters through beautiful forests punctuated by the ever-present cascades of numerous creeks and minor waterfalls. As our trail begins its climb through the Valley of the Waters we'l be immersed in beautiful lush moist rainforest. Numerous waterfalls, including the most well known Empress Falls, will be enjoyed as we amble our way upwards to where we began our day.
Day 2 Leura Cascades to Ruined Castle. Today's walk is the longest for our three days together and the most rewarding. We'll start our adventure from Leura Cascades just outside the National Park. Following the tumbling Leura Falls Creek as it makes its way towards the Jamison Valley, we walk through delightful forest and past the first of the day's grand views. The descent into Jamison Valley is via some of the most stunning lush greenery of the upper Mountains. Crossing small creeks, passing numerous waterfalls, we arrive at Leura Forest. The varied song of Lyrebirds can be enjoyed as we pause to soak up this most beautiful place. Onward we journey beneath the Three Sisters away from the crowds gathered at the popular lookouts of Echo Point. The journey along Federal Pass takes us past the relics of the shale mines at the base of the towering cliffs of the Jamison Valley escarpment and on towards our goal for the day - the Ruined Castle. After enjoying the vast views south into the wilderness of the Southern Blue Mountains and back towards Katoomba across the Jamison Valley, we'll exit the valley via The Golden Stairs to our awaiting minibus. A short drive with expansive views east and west will see us arrive at your accommodation. This evening's dinner is yours to decide from the many options that Katoomba has to offer. Ask us for our recommendations.
Day 3 Grand Canyon Loop. The historic Grand Canyon walking loop was first established in 1907 and is one of the most popular walks in the Blue Mountains. The Grand Canyon walk is a not-to- be-missed Blue Mountains classic, exploring some of the areas most diverse and spectacular ecosystems from the scrubby and harsh dry sclerophyll forest to otherworldly cool-temperate rainforests. Upon arriving in the heart of the Grand Canyon, we'll hike amongst the Coachwood and Sassafras trees through a luscious rainforest chasm with towering sandstone walls lined with mosses and ferns. Your guide will share local secrets and interpret the unique environment - and we'll take the time to absorb our natural surrounds. After a gradual climb we will emerge from the Canyon at Evans Lookout where we'll enjoy views over the Grose Valley Wilderness. We'll finish our final day together at a local cafe or micro-brewery to share our favourite discoveries and perhaps talk of future travels.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 December 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.