A Journey to the West
From 01/05/2021 to 24/09/2021
CITY TOUR in Perth, FremantleCRUISE Shoalwater Bay's wildlife sanctuarySCENIC DRIVE along peaceful vineyard-lined roads in Margaret River, on Rottnest IslandVISIT Elizabeth Quay, Kings Park, Busselton Jetty, Cape NaturalisteConnect With Locals A Welcome to Country begins your Indigenous experience at Cape Naturaliste, where you'll gain insights into the deep spiritual link between this ancient community and the land.
(Day 4)Local Specialist For included sightseeing at Shoalwater Bay, Cape Naturaliste, Margaret River winery, Rottnest Island and Fremantle.
(Days 3, 4, 6, 7).
6 breakfasts2 lunches5 dinnersAudio Headsets for flexible sightseeingDaily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening mealsLuxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)Cherry-picked hotels all tried and trustedHandcrafted HighlightsOptional Experiences and free timeAll porterage and local charges includedMust-see sightseeing and surprise extrasAn expert Travel Director and separate Driver, Driver Guide only on Mini-StaysAll hotel tips, charges and local taxesAirport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holidayVIP entry to many sights.
Day 1 - On arrival in Perth, transfer to your hotel (flights to arrive prior to 4.30pm). The many treasures of Perth have attracted settlers and prospectors since its founding in the early 19th century. You'll have an opportunity to explore the remote capital's multi-cultural diversity on your own before meeting your Travel Director and travel companions for a Welcome Reception featuring canap?s and the fine flavours of Western Australian vintages and brews.
Day 2 - Ease into the relaxed atmosphere of Perth this morning, as you join your Travel Director for a tour of the city's main sights. See Yagan Square and Elizabeth Quay with its unusual Spanda sculpture, designed to link the Swan River, land and sky. Enjoy some free time in Kings Park, home to 3,000 species of Western Australia's unique flora and sweeping city views before an afternoon on your own. Discover why Perth deserves its status as one of the world's most liveable cities as you rub shoulders with the outdoor-loving locals along the banks of the Swan River or visit the Bell Tower for panoramic views from its open-air observation deck. Tonight, you will venture to the historical heart of Perth, the State Buildings, for a Regional Dinner.
Day 3 - See the world's smallest penguins and a lazy sea lion or two when you visit Penguin Island this morning. With its crystal-clear waters and pristine beaches, Penguin Island is blessed with an abundance of dolphins and birdlife and you'll see this first-hand when you join a 'Local Specialist' for a cruise through Shoalwater Bay's wildlife sanctuary. After lunch in coastal Rockingham, continue south to the historic Busseltown Jetty dating back to the mid-19th century. Board the Jetty Train ride or take a stroll along its timber floor which stretches several hundred metres into the Indian Ocean, making it the longest jetty in the southern hemisphere. Your hotel for the night overlooks beautiful Bunker Bay in the world-renowned Margaret River wine region. Raise your glass to its award-winning vintages during an included dinner at the Other Side of the Moon restaurant.
Day 4 - 'Connect With Locals', the indigenous Wadandi people, this morning for a 'Be My Guest' experience at Cape Naturaliste. See the treasures of nature through the eyes of an indigenous custodian and gain insights into their traditions, artefacts and didgeridoo expression. From culture to cuisine, you'll continue along vineyard-lined roads to a Margaret River winery arriving in time for lunch. Join your 'Local Specialist' winemakers for a guided walk through the vineyards and tuck into a mouth-watering degustation lunch paired with local wines.
Day 5 - This morning why not relax with an early morning stroll along the beautiful white sandy beach and turquoise waters of Bunker Bay? Then enjoy a leisurely breakfast with views out to the sparkling ocean before relaxing by the pool. Leaving wine country behind we'll continue along Australia's exquisite southwest coast to Fremantle. This afternoon, join a 'Local Specialist' for an informative walking tour revealing the past, present and future of this port town.
Day 6 - Board your boat and escape across the open ocean to Rottnest Island, an island paradise lovingly referred to by the sun-worshipping locals as 'Rotto'. Feel the sand between your toes and keep a keen eye out for the happiest little animal on earth, the Quokka. Join a 'Local Specialist' on a guided Discovery Rottnest bus tour past some of the island's most spectacular locations. Delve into the island's history and culture, its pristine marine and land environments and the diverse flora and fauna these support. This afternoon, you'll leave your island dream behind and cruise back to seaside Fremantle where tonight you'll join your fellow travellers for a Farewell Dinner. What better way to toast to a mesmerising journey through Western Australia than sampling some of the local wines for which the region is famous?
Day 7 - Your journey to the Western Australia concludes after breakfast. Before you depart, you may like to visit the historic Fremantle Markets. Later, you'll be transferred by private car to Perth Airport for your onward flight (flights anytime).
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 13 March 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 08 March 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans