An Austro-Hungarian Journey
Day 1 - Vienna
A city filled with artistic and architectural masterpieces – we’ll meet our Tour Leader and fellow travel companions in Austria’s romantic capital of Vienna. Over an included welcome meal tonight, we’ll get to know one another and clink glasses over the incredible adventure ahead. Accommodation: Hotel Post (or similar)
Day 2 - Vienna
Our day will begin exploring magical Vienna, where we’ll enjoy a walking tour of the town centre’s most iconic landmarks with a local guide. Along the way, we’ll have time to marvel at St Stephen’s Cathedral, Hofburg Palace and Graben Street – before taking lunch at our leisure. The rest of the afternoon will be ours to enjoy an authentic Viennese coffee house or spent exploring the Museum Quarter before moving on to a local restaurant of our choosing. And this evening? We’ll round off the day at the elegant Kursalon music hall, where we’ll be treated to a classical concert featuring the music of Strauss and Mozart. Accommodation: Hotel Post (or similar)
Day 3 - Vienna – Piber – Graz
After breakfast, our first stop of the day will be Piber – where we’ve an appointment to keep at the Lipizzaner Stud, home to one of Europe’s oldest purebred horses. Whilst we’re here, we’ll learn about the 400-year-old tradition of breeding these magnificent horses – and perhaps have the chance to see the foals with their mothers. Then: it’s onwards to a nearby dairy, where we’ll gain a fascinating insight into the cheesemaking process and have the opportunity to sample some local cheese, ham and wines. This afternoon, we’ll set a course for Graz – enjoying a free evening to explore the bustling Hauptplatz (Old Town Square), narrow medieval streets lined with Renaissance architecture and abundance of local restaurants. Accommodation: Hotel Gollner (or similar)
Day 4 - Graz – Lake Bled – Ljubljana
Farewell, Austria! Today our journey will continue into Slovenia as we set our sights on the awe-inspiring Lake Bled. Undeniably picturesque with a serene Alpine vista, Lake Bled is sure to be one for the photo books! When we arrive, a unique experience awaits us at the castle: a visit to the famous Beehouse, which celebrates the Carniolan bee. After enjoying a tour and honey tasting session, we'll move on to Ljubljana - where we'll have the evening free to walk the romantic cobbled streets in search of a local restaurant for dinner. Accommodation: Hotel Cubo (or similar)
Day 5 - Ljubljana
After breakfast, we’ll enjoy an in-depth walking tour with a knowledgeable local guide. Along the way we’ll pass the National Library, Prešeren Square and follow the Ljubljana River to the Three Bridges – before enjoying some free time to explore the city’s medieval streets and quaint markets at our own pace. This afternoon, we’ll try our hands at a Slovenian recipe or two during an included cookery class. The best part? We’ll be able to eat our delicious creations afterwards! Appetites satisfied; the evening will be yours to spend as you please. Accommodation: Hotel Cubo (or similar)
Day 6 - Ljubljana – Novo Mesto – Zagreb
On today’s agenda: a stop at Novo Mesto, a city situated on a picturesque bend of the Krka River. After enjoying a traditional Slovenian lunch in the historic centre, we’ll move on to Zagreb – where we’ll embark on a guided city tour. Hear fascinating stories and legends from the locals who know them best, as we visit the most historic areas of Zagreb. This evening is yours to spend relaxing at our hotel or dining at a delightful local restaurant. Accommodation: Hotel Park 45 (or similar)
Day 7 - Zagreb – Hévíz
Today we’ll shake off any aches and pains with a visit to the biggest thermal lake in Europe: Hévíz. After lunch at our leisure, we’ll have the chance to take a dip in the warm thermal waters conveniently located on our hotel’s doorstep. With beautiful water lilies peppering the lake’s surface – and humid air rising all around us – this truly is an unforgettable experience. Back on dry land, we’ll regroup this evening for a farewell dinner. What an incredible week it’s been! Accommodation: Bonvital Hotel Hévíz (or similar)
Day 8 - Hévíz – Tihany – Budapest
Today, we’ll make tracks to our final destination – enjoying a scenic drive along the picturesque Balaton Lake as we go. We’ll make a brief photo stop at the Abbey of Tihany to admire the magnificent views, before moving on to vibrant Budapest – where our tour will come to a close.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 October 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.