Enchanting Canyonlands - Preview 2022
From 09/04/2022 to 30/09/2022
Included Insight Services.
Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency.
We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times.
If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Day 1 - Arrive in Phoenix and Travel to Scottsdale. Welcome to Arizona, famous for road trips, Monument Valley, and of course the Grand Canyon. Your airport transfer will whisk you to your hotel in Scottsdale, a playground of the Hollywood greats in the 1950s and 1960s who were escaping the paparazzi. Enjoy the facilities and grounds of this striking desert oasis. At 18:00, join your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Dinner, where you will have the opportunity to mingle at your resort's renowned restaurant, Zuzu.(Dinner with Wine)
Day 2 - Sedona and the Wonders of the Mighty Grand Canyon. Explore bohemian Sedona with its shops and galleries, or simply take in its natural rugged beauty. Drive along scenic Oak Creek Canyon and arrive at Grand Canyon National Park. Join your Local Expert, Canyon Tim, for an informative talk about the wonders of the Grand Canyon. With over seven years of experience in geology, you'll be taught all about the origins of the five-million-year-old canyon, its rock formation and impact now. He'll also talk to you about the local flora and fauna, and where you might be able to spot elk, mule deer, coyotes, grey foxes, bobcats and mountain lions. An appetising Highlight Dinner with wine awaits in your lodge's inviting Thunderbird Room, overlooking the South Rim of the Grand Canyon. End your day with a tranquil night inside the park.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
Day 3 - Monument Valley and Lake Powell. Get a last glimpse of the Grand Canyon in the morning light before leaving the park as you drive along Desert View Drive on the Grand Canyon's South Rim. Head to the historic Cameron Trading Post where you can familiarize yourself with Native American arts and crafts. Journey on through the barren beauty of the desert to Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park, where you will board all-terrain vehicles(8) with open sides to explore the valley with your Navajo guide. Hear about Navajo heritage from your guide and more about life on their beautiful land. Later today, you'll stop by the Glen Canyon Dam where you'll learn about its history and impact on the Colorado River. Arrive at your lakefront resort where you can spend the evening relaxing by the swimming pool or simply take in the beautiful views across the lake.(Breakfast / Lunch)
Day 4 - Leisurely Lake Powell. Your morning is at leisure. Perhaps join an optional float trip(8) down the scenic Colorado River or simply relax and enjoy the resort's facilities. Later today, take a scenic cruise through the narrow sandstone turns of Antelope Canyon awaits. End the day with a breathtaking sunset from your lake view or marina view room.(Breakfast)
Day 5 - Bryce Canyon and Zion National Parks. Encounter red rock pillars and pine trees at Bryce Canyon National Park. You'll take a leisurely walk along Sunset Point to view the great amphitheatres of the odd-shaped monoliths, known as hoodoos. Travel through more amazing scenery to the lush cliff-and-canyon landscape of Zion National Park. A day of sightseeing deserves some evening festivities. Join your Travel Director and new friends for a Celebration Dinner with wine within the park, surrounded by its natural beauty.(Breakfast)
Day 6 - Zion Canyon Excursion and Free Time. Board a private Zion Canyon Shuttle with live commentary guiding you through the scenic highlights. Depart the natural beauty of the park to arrive to the bright lights and glamour of Las Vegas. With an array of shopping malls, live shows and dining opportunities, this dazzling destination is sure to entertain. Your hotel is perfectly situated on the famous Las Vegas Strip.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
Day 7 - Depart Las Vegas. It's time to say goodbye to your fellow travellers as your adventure comes to an end with a departure transfer to Las Vegas International Airport.(Breakfast) Authentic Dining Scottsdale: Mingle over a delightful Welcome Dinner at your resort's renowned Zuzu Restaurant, named for the beloved matriarch of the family that owns the property. Grand Canyon: Enjoy dinner with an incredible view at the Thunderbird Room, overlooking the South Rim. Monument Valley: Overlooking stunning landscapes, stop at a beautiful and private location for a delicious, authentic Navajo cookout prepared from scratch in front of you. Get a chance to completely immerse yourself in the destination as a Navajo storyteller, dancer, singer or flutist join the gathering. Zion National Park: Join your Travel Director and new friends for an evening of festivities during your Celebration Dinner and reminisce about the highlights of your journey. Dining Summary: 6 Breakfasts (B), 1 Lunch (L) and 3 Dinners with wine (DW). Insight Experiences Grand Canyon: Join your Local Expert, Canyon Tim, for an informative talk about the wonders of the Grand Canyon. With over seven years of experience in geology, you'll be taught all about the origins of the five-million-year-old canyon, its rock formation and impact now. He'll also talk to you about the local flora and fauna, and where you might be able to spot elk, mule deer, coyotes, grey foxes, bobcats and mountain lions. Monument Valley: Journey on through the barren beauty of the desert to Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park, where you will board all-terrain vehicles(8) with open sides to explore the valley with your Navajo guide. Hear about Navajo heritage from your guide and more about life on their beautiful land. Top Rated Highlights Sedona: Explore bohemian Sedona with its shops and galleries, or simply take in its natural rugged beauty. Drive along scenic Oak Creek Canyon and arrive at Grand Canyon National Park. Cameron: Stop at the historic Trading Post, established in the early 1900s as a place where Native American's traded wool and livestock. Glen Canyon: Later today, you'll stop by the Glen Canyon Dam where you'll learn about its history and impact on the Colorado River. Lake Powell: A testament to the power of water over rock, glide through the narrow sandstone turns of Antelope Canyon during your cruise. Bryce Canyon National Park: Enjoy the rugged beauty with a leisurely walk along Sunset Point to view the hoodoos. Zion National Park: The most relaxing and informative way to see the grandeur and natural features of the canyon is by a private shuttle that includes live commentary.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 24 October 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.