Treasures of Scotland
Departure dates & prices
Day 1 - Edinburgh
A land of magnificent historical treasures and imagination-firing landscapes – we’ll meet in Bonnie Scotland’s picturesque capital. After settling into our hand-picked hotel, we’ll get to know one another better over a deliciously hearty welcome meal. Here’s to the incredible journey ahead! Accommodation: Eden Locke Hotel (or similar)
Day 2 - Edinburgh – Doune – Perthshire
After a leisurely breakfast, we’ll board the mini-coach and make our way to Doune – where a visit to the imposing Doune Castle awaits. After spending some time admiring the castle interior and views from the battlements, we’ll roll through the spellbinding Sma’ Glen en route to Perthshire. A region known for its picturesque lochs, looming mountain ranges and lush forests, we’ll have the afternoon free to explore our surrounds or relax at the hotel. Accommodation: Fishers Hotel Pitlochry (or similar)
Day 3 - Perthshire
Today is one for the nature-lovers amongst us! After breakfast, we’ll set off to explore the vastness of the highlands with a kilted safari ranger – going off-road through wild terrain to take in the area’s spectacular mountain views. We may even be lucky enough to glimpse a golden eagle, mountain hare or grouse as we go. After an adventurous ride, we’ll move on to the Red Deer Centre – where we’ll have the opportunity to see Britain’s largest native land mammal up close. Then: we’ll return to the hotel for an afternoon of leisure time. Accommodation: Fishers Hotel Pitlochry (or similar)
Day 4 - Perthshire – Scottish Crannog Centre – Luss
Today we’ve an appointment to keep at the Scottish Crannog Centre. Walking in the footsteps of the original Crannog dwellers, we’ll immerse ourselves in a variety of craft, textile and cooking demonstrations – gaining a unique insight into Scotland’s extensive and fascinating history. Following our visit, we have a whisky tasting session to look forward to at the postcard-perfect Glengoyne Distillery. Continuing our journey, we’ll end the day along the western shore of Loch Lomond in the picturesque village of Luss – where a sumptuous group dinner awaits. Accommodation: Lodge on Loch Lomond (or similar)
Day 5 - Luss – Glencoe – Luss
More breathtaking scenery is on the cards today as we take a day trip through the magnificent Glencoe valley. Sit back and enjoy the leisurely pace as we admire the towering mountain ranges formed by volcanic eruptions and glacial movement thousands of years ago. While we’re here, we’ll visit Glencoe Visitor Centre and learn the haunting story of the Glencoe Massacre of 1692. And following that, we’ll have enough time to visit the Inverawe Scottish Oak Smokehouse – where a delicious smoked salmon tasting session is in store. After a full day of exploring, we’ll savour an evening of leisure time after returning to Luss later this afternoon. Accommodation: Lodge on Loch Lomond (or similar)
Day 6 - Luss – New Lanark – Scottish Borders
This morning, we’ll round off our visit to Loch Lomond with a scenic loch cruise. After losing ourselves amidst the views of islands, mountains and trees, we’ll head back to dry land for the journey to the Scottish Borders. Along the way, we’ll make a pit stop in New Lanark – home of the award-winning New Lanark Visitor Centre (one of Scotland’s six UNESCO World Heritage Sites of ‘outstanding universal value’). A region steeped in history and ancient traditions, we’ll savour a final group meal surrounded by the natural beauty of the Scottish Borders tonight. Accommodation: The Tontine Hotel (or similar)
Day 7 - Scottish Borders – Edinburgh
Before our tour comes to a close, we’ve a couple of historical stops to make. First: we’ll pay a visit to Traquair House, the oldest inhabited house in Scotland before continuing on to Melrose Abbey – the final resting place of the heart of Robert the Bruce. Then: back to beautiful Edinburgh, where we’ll say goodbye.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 25 October 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.