Italian Espresso Foodie
From 15/09/2021 to 24/09/2021
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Get a taste of Rome with a foodie walking tour of Trastevere districtDiscover the History and culinary delights of Florence on a Foodie Walking TourHike or train between the pastel coloured 5 towns of the Cinque Terre National ParkWitness renaissance masterpieces on a guided tour of the Vatican CitySee St.
Peter's Basilica in the Vatican City.
A highly trained Trip Manager who brings your adventure to life.
An expert driver who knows foreign roads better than Google Maps.
Local Guides who make tourist traps a thing of the past.
This is your team.
Smart, friendly, fun, and integral to everything we do.
Day 1 - Welcome to Rome! Once known as the 'capital of the world' this richly historic, passionate and elegant city will steal our hearts as soon as we arrive. We'll meet and greet our Contiki crew at 4pm, before heading on an orientation tour of the city. Yep, that means the Trevi Fountain, the Pantheon, the Piazza Navona, the Colosseum & the Roman Forum. Then it's time to take a foodie walking tour through dreamy Trastevere, burning off all of those heavenly carbs as we go. With our eyes wide and stomachs full, we'll turn in for the night, thinking of tomorrow's adventures. La perfezione!
Day 2 - Rise and shine, we're headed to another historical heavyweight today...But not before stopping off at Siena for lunch. This place has medieval masterpieces and the historic city centre has been declared by UNESCO a World Heritage Site. We'll soak up all of that historic beauty and take a food orientation tour, as your guide advises you on the best places to head for a bite. Then it's onto Florence.Florence is one of the foodie capitals of Italy, so we won't waste any time trying the local delicacies with an included feast at La Gatto E La Volpe. Then we'll turn in for the night, dreaming of the Florentine adventures that await us tomorrow.
Day 3 - Florence is often referred to as a 'walking museum', and today we'll find out why. With a locally guided foodie walking tour, we'll discover Renaissance Florence on foot, swooning at the Statue of David, Ponte Vecchio & the Medici Palace while stuffing ourselves with Fettunta, Crostini and Ravioli Nuda. We'll also see the Duomo, one of the world's most remarkable architectural feats. All of this sightseeing will no doubt make us hungry, so this evening we have the option to learn how to make authentic risotto from the experts - before sitting down and enjoying another authentic feast, including local wine and live music.
Day 4 - Farewell, Florence. We'll never forget you. But we've got more dreamy Italian hot spots to hit up.Another stopover will let us check out lovely Lucca, with its charming piazzas, Renaissance architecture and historic cafes. You can opt to join us as we visit an organic farm for a farm-to-table lunch and some wine-tasting, before we head onto La Spezia.Welcome to the Italian Riviera! You're going to fall head over heels with this region over the coming days...
Day 5 - Some people think Cinque Terre is just one place, but it actually translates to the 'five lands,' made up of 5 stunning towns with their own unique identity and traditions. Included in your trip is an unlimited Cinque Terre hike and train ticket, so whether you're into trekking, taking it easy, or a combination of the two, you can explore Cinque Terre your way. Whichever way you choose to get around, it's hard not to fall in love with the dramatic cliff-faces, cute pastel coloured buildings tumbling down the coast and all sorts of historic monuments. The food here is pretty special, too. We recommend joining us for a pesto making class and dinner, so you can master the art of making the perfect sauce, and then enjoy it with some fresh pasta.
Day 6 - We're hitting the road today to one of the most elegant cities in Europe.But not before experiencing the glitz and glamour of Lake Como, with its attractive villages and gorgeous gardens. The showstopper is the lake itself, of course, and we'll have the option to get out on the water and take a cruise to beautiful Bellagio. We'll take another foodie orientation tour, learning about the best local eateries.Welcome to Milan, the sophisticated cityscape that rewards the curious traveller. We have a free night to check out the local nightlife, and eat some of the local favourites. We recommend joining our FTA tonight, as we dine in the home of the local who'll teach us how he makes pasta like a pro, before feeding us, naturally.
Day 7 - The dreamy destinations just don't stop coming...Welcome to Verona, the heart of Renaissance romance (and the setting for Shakespeare's Romeo & Juliet). Beautiful architecture, rich history and plenty of jaw-dropping art makes this place a very worthy stopover. We'll take a foodie orientation, check out Juliet's balcony, part of a gorgeous 13th century house, as well as the epic Roman Arena. Then it's onto another very romantic city....Welcome to Venice! Our hearts will swell at the mazy canals and ancient architecture. Tonight we'll have the option to sample some famous Venetian cuisine as we stroll hidden alleyways, the perfect way to kickstart our adventures here.
Day 8 - Wake-up sleeping beauties! Venice is yours for the entirety of this glorious Italian day. We'll be jumping aboard our own private boat and hitting the canals en route to the historical heart of the city. A guided walking tour and a chance to make your own Venetian mask are up for grabs, or you can always choose to get lost on your own and see where the maze takes you. Seafood lovers, we recommend joining us on a cruise to the beautiful isle of Burano, where we'll enjoy the freshest feast you've ever tasted, washed down with local rose wine.
Day 9 - See ya, Venice. You'll always have a piece of our hearts. Today we're headed back to Rome to see the city in more depthBut not before stopping off for lunch in Bologna, a gorgeous medieval tumble of a place that is also the home of Bolognese sauce, or Ragu. As lunch stops go, it beats a roadside service station any day...We'll take a foodie walking tour around this historic place, eating some of the best pasta we've ever had. Then it's onto Rome..Arriving back in Rome, we'll have the option for another cooking class, where we can learn how to whip up fresh food in the commune of Frascati.
Day 10 - Rome wasn't built in a day - so get up and get going early to make the most of this ancient city. When in Rome...take an included guided tour of the Vatican Museums, including the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica. Religious or not, the Vatican's Italian Renaissance church will send shivers down your spine. Then our trip comes to an end in the afternoon. Swap contact details and start planning your next adventure!
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 29 July 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 24 July 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.