Christmas Markets of Central Europe - Classic Group, Winter 2021 2022
From 25/11/2021 to 14/12/2021
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Nov Thu 25 2021 to Dec Tue 07 2021availableFrom$5,125*
Dec Thu 02 2021 to Dec Tue 14 2021availableFrom$5,125*
Ljubljana: Spend time with your Local Expert at the Christmas markets and learn about some of the festive Slovenian delicacies on display and relish in a tasting.
Zagreb: Join your Travel Director for a Welcome Dinner at a local restaurant with the opportunity to get to know your fellow travellers over a pleasant evening with wine.
Salzburg: At the Christmas Market, meet a local stallholder and taste the delicious Lebkuchen with a fragrant cup of Glühwein.
Vienna: Toast your travels at your Celebration Dinner of Austrian specialties with wine.
Hall in Tirol: Perfectly situated in a 700-year-old building in the charming town of Hall in Tirol, savour a medieval banquet of Austrian specialties with wine.
Innsbruck: Savour a traditional meal accompanied by local Tyrolean music and entertainment.
Munich: Join your newfound friends for a festive Celebration Dinner with wine and good cheer!Dining Summary: 12 Breakfasts (B), 6 Dinners with Wine (DW)Vienna: Choose between a Waltz masterclass with a ballroom instructor, to test your dancing skills, or alternatively, join a guided tour of Schönbrunn Palace.
Innsbruck: Choose between a horse and carriage ride or alternatively, visit the magical world of Swarovski Crystal.
Christmas Markets: Be dazzled by the magic of Christmas with local handicrafts and festive treats.
Zagreb: Ride the funicular to Gornji Grad, the medieval Upper Town, to view the former Presidential Palace, Stone Gate, St.
Mark's Church and the Lotrščak Tower.
Postojna Caves: Enter by mini-train into these world-famous cave systems, before walking through an illuminated fairyland of stalactites and stalagmites.
Ljubljana: Explore this elegant capital with your Local Expert, to see the castle City Hall, Cathedral of St Nicholas and Triple Bridge.
Bratislava: Join your Local Expert for an exploration of the city centre.
Enjoy the vistas form the Bratislava Castle then take a walk in the charming Old Town among 19th century palaces and see the Slovak National Theatre, Michael’s Gate and the Old Town Hall.
Vienna: Travel along the Ring Road to see the Hofburg Imperial Residence, Opera House, Parliament Building and Karlskirche.
Salzburg: With a Local Expert, see Mozart's family home and the 500-year-old Christmas Market in front of the cathedral.
You'll also view the Hohensalzburg fortress and see Residenz Fountain when you spend some time in the Old Town.
Innsbruck: Enjoy an orientation with your Travel Director as you walk the narrow streets of the Old Town, lined with medieval houses and arcades, to see the Golden Roof.
Neuschwanstein: Visit the archetypal fairy-tale castle that allegedly inspired many of Walt Disney's castles.
Led by a local historian, walk through the magnificent halls, take in the lavish decoration and enjoy spectacular views.
Oberammergau: Explore the town and see the theatre where the Passion Play has been performed since 1634 and the next performance will be in 2022.
Munich: See Feldherrnhalle in the Odeonsplatz, the Palace of the Dukes of Wittelsbach, the English Garden, the Hofbräuhaus, St.
Peter's Church and the famous Marienplatz.
Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseasEnjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroomPersonal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentaryWe carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel doorHotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currencyWe also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotelsStay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destinationIf your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled timesIf your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Day Day 7 - Vienna sightseeing Explore Schönbrunn with Insight Choice. Tour the Palace and marvel at its frescoed ceilings, crystal chandeliers and gilded ornaments. Alternatively, join your Local Expert to stroll through the manicured grounds and enter the 18th century Crown Prince Garden.Then ready your camera for a dazzling drive around the famous Ring Road. This grand boulevard, built along the lines of the old city walls, showcases many of the capital’s architectural masterpieces, including the Opera House, magnificent Hofburg Imperial Residence, Austrian Parliament Building and the Neo Gothic Town Hall. The afternoon is at yours to explore the historic core of the city and the offerings of the many Christmas markets. Tonight, toast your journey with your fellow travellers at your Celebration Dinner of Austrian specialities.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
Day Day 12 - Munich Enjoy an orientation of the city which concludes in Marienplatz beside the soaring Town Hall, famous for its Glockenspiel. Beneath the gigantic Christmas tree, Munich’s traditional Christmas Market is an entrancing festival of light and music. In the evening, join your travelling companions at a local restaurant for a festive Celebration Dinner with wine and good cheer!(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 17 May 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 12 May 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans