Italian Intermezzo - Classic Group, 2021
From 05/09/2021 to 17/10/2021
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Sep Sun 05 2021 to Sep Sun 12 2021availableFrom$4,065*
Sep Sun 26 2021 to Oct Sun 03 2021availableFrom$3,890*
Oct Sun 10 2021 to Oct Sun 17 2021availableFrom$3,865*
Como: The L'antica Riva restaurant, situated on picturesque Lake Como, is built within a historic 17th century building which was one of the ?rst houses of the area.
Here you will enjoy a special Welcome Dinner with wine, as you get to know your fellow travellers.
Milan: Enjoy a special Welcome Dinner with wine, as you get to know your fellow travellers.
Florence: During dinner, meet a sommelier who will talk you through a tasting of some of Tuscan's finest wines.
Vatican City: Be among the select few to gain VIP access into the Vatican Museums.
Visit the stunning Museo Gregoriano Profano which documents various moments and themes in classical art, from Ancient Greece through to the late Imperial Roman age and see Michelangelo's ceiling in the Sistine Chapel.
Then you'll be privileged an exclusive VIP Celebration Dinner at the Vatican's Cortile del Giardino Quadrato, whilst enjoying views of the cupola of St.
Peters, should weather permit.
Dining Summary: 8 Breakfast (B), 4 Dinner with Wine (DW)Florence: Choose between a visit to the Accademia Museum with an art historian to see Michelangelo's David or alternatively, wander through the market stalls on a guided shopping tour.
Vatican City: Gain VIP access into the Vatican Museums, witness the genius of Michelangelo in the Sistine Chapel and view the splendid dome of St.
Venice: Witness the ancient skill of glassblowing and watch artisans create delicate works of art.
Venice: Witness the ancient skill of glassblowing, now practised by precious few masters.
Watch artisans create delicate works of art using rare traditional practices.
The workshop advances SDG 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities.
The workshops master craftsmen teach visitors about the traditional craft of glassblowing and its history which dates back to the 15th century.
Every visit helps to support the workshop and the survival of this traditional craft.
Como: Take in the exquisite views of the lake and it's backdrop of the Rhaetian Alps as you enjoy an orientation of this magnificent town.
Venice: Delight in the magic of this charming city as you are serenaded, travelling through the atmospheric canals by gondola.
Pisa: Your Local Expert will show you the baptistery bristling with marble spines, the colonnaded bell tower lurching behind the 11th century cathedral and of course, the famous Leaning Tower in the Square of Miracles.
Florence: See the area around Santa Croce Basilica, famous for the quality of its luxury goods and witness a gold and leather-work demonstration.
Orvieto: During your orientation of this Umbrian hilltop town with your Travel Director, visit Piazza del Duomo to admire the cathedral.
Rome: Discover ancient treasures of Rome with a passionate local.
See Circus Maximus and the Ancient Forum, and stand besides the Colosseum, which bears witness to the limitless courage of the gladiators.
Vatican City: Venture inside St.
Peter's Basilica and see Michelangelo's Pietà, and the splendid dome.
Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseasEnjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroomPersonal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentaryWe carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel doorHotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currencyWe also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotelsStay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destinationIf your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled timesIf your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Day Day 3 - Venice and the magic of La Serenissima Wake up ready to embrace this romantic city. While here, visit a traditional arts centre on Murano Island, where you can see how their beautiful handcrafted glass is made by expert glassblowers. What better way to see Venice than from a private boat, cruising past palazzos and churches to St. Mark’s Square? See the gilded basilica, the Doge's Palace and Lord Byron’s Bridge of Sighs.No visit to Venice would be complete without a gondola serenade through the myriad of beautiful canals. Relax and enjoy the local traditional songs, as you drift along in romantic awe. Spend the afternoon as you wish. As night falls, why not savour the magic of St. Mark’s square with its orchestras and al-fresco cafes?(Breakfast)
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 July 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 26 July 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans