Gems of Britain - Classic Group, 2021
From 08/08/2021 to 16/09/2021
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Aug Sun 08 2021 to Aug Thu 12 2021Sold OutFrom$2,350*
Aug Sun 15 2021 to Aug Thu 19 2021Sold OutFrom$2,350*
Sep Sun 12 2021 to Sep Thu 16 2021availableFrom$2,025*
York: In the evening, enjoy a Welcome Dinner and the chance to get to know your fellow travellers.
Dining Summary: 4 Breakfast (B), 1 Dinner with Wine (DW)Bath: Choose to visit the well-preserved remains of the Roman Baths, where natural hot springs still flow or alternatively, step into the world of an esteemed author at the Jane Austen Centre.
Stratford-upon-Avon: Learn about the life of William Shakespeare, arguably history's most famous writer, when you visit his birthplace.
Then enjoy some time to explore this pretty town with its iconic Tudor houses.
York: Your Travel Director will show you the York Minster, the city walls and the medieval Shambles during you orientation of the city.
Jedburgh: See the Abbey, now in ruins.
Edinburgh: Explore the city with your Local Expert as you travel along Princes Street to see the Scott Memorial, the neoclassical Adam facades of New Town and the official Scottish residence of the Queen, Palace of Holyroodhouse.
Liverpool: Stay in the home city of The Beatles.
Chester: During you orientation with your Travel Director see the Jubilee Clock, the cathedral, city walls and famous black and white Rows.
Cardiff: During an orientation with your Travel Director, see the castle and Principality Stadium.
Bath: During an orientation you will see the Royal Crescent, Pulteney Bridge and Bath Abbey.
Stonehenge: Walk around the strange and awe-inspiring monoliths that have reputedly stood for 5,000 years.
Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseasEnjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroomPersonal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentaryWe carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel doorHotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currencyWe also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotelsStay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destinationIf your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled timesIf your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Day 1 - At 07:15, meet your Travel Director at the trip hotel in London and depart for Stratford-upon-Avon. Visit the birthplace of William Shakespeare and admire the architecture of this pretty town nestled beside the River Avon. Head north to historic York and walk inside the city walls see to the topsy-turvy Shambles, a picturesque street with warped overhanging timber-framed houses. Admire the glorious York Minster, which is the largest medieval church in northern Europe. In the evening, enjoy a Welcome Dinner and the chance to get to know your fellow travellers.(Dinner with Wine)
Day 2 - Pass the ruined Jedburgh Abbey, en route to Edinburgh. Your Local Expert will show you Edinburgh Castle, home to the Honours of Scotland. At the end of the Royal Mile see the Palace of Holyroodhouse, the official Scottish residence of Her Majesty, the Queen. Cross over to Princes Street, passing the Sir Walter Scott Monument, to explore the elegant 18th century New Town with its classical Adam facades. In the evening, select departures will attend The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo - a colourful mix of pipes and drums, dance and display, set against the floodlit backdrop of Edinburgh Castle.(Breakfast)
Day 3 - Journey via Gretna Green, where many eloping English couples have married, to the beautiful English Lake District where there is time at leisure to explore on your own. Why not choose the Optional Excursion of a cruise on Windermere and steam train ride? There really is no better way to admire the incredible scenery of rugged mountain and secluded bays. Continue to lively Liverpool, home of The Beatles, for an orientation.(Breakfast)
Day 4 - Visit the former Roman fortress town of Chester. Walk along part of the city walls, see the Eastgate Clock, Chester Cathedral, remains of the Roman Amphitheatre and the unique black and white shopping arcades known as the 'Rows.' After time to explore, cross into Wales and head for the capital Cardiff for an orientation of the port city, on the River Taff.(Breakfast)
Day 5 - Cross the Severn Bridge back into England and travel to the City of Bath, a UNESCO World Heritage Site built above one of Britain's thermal, mineral springs. Explore Bath with Insight Choice. Visit its incredibly well-preserved Roman Baths or discover the town's significance in the life and work of Jane Austen. Travel across Salisbury Plain to visit the pre-historic and mysterious Stonehenge, where the strange and awe-inspiring monoliths are reputed to be up to 5,000 years old. Your journey concludes upon arrival at the trip hotel in London.(Breakfast)
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 11 May 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 06 May 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans