Highlights of Poland - Classic Group, 2021
From 24/09/2021 to 03/10/2021
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Included Insight Services.
Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency.
We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times.
If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Day 1 - Welcome to Krak?w Transfers to your hotel depart Krak?w airport at 12:30 and 15:00. Meet your Travel Director at 17:00 for a walk around the Rynek G??wny, Europe's largest and most beautiful town square. See the famous Sukiennice Cloth Hall, St. Mary's Church and the many historic townhouses, palaces and churches. Be sure to listen for the trumpeter's call! Later, enjoy getting to know your fellow guests over a fabulous Welcome Dinner.(Dinner with Wine)
Day 2 - The Damsels and Dragons of Krak?w In the morning, why not join an Optional Experience to visit the Wieliczka Salt Mine? Alternatively, relax until your ascent of Wawel Hill to see the Renaissance castle with a Local Expert. Visit the cathedral, the final resting place of the Kings of Poland and the former seat of Archbishop Karol Wojty?a, later known to the world as Pope John Paul II. Head across the former Jewish Quarter of Kazimierz, and then to Podg?rze to see Ghetto Square. The rest of the day is at leisure. Perhaps spend time browsing the shops for traditional folklore products? By night, don't miss the chance of enjoying a Polka Party with dinner and wine.(Breakfast)
Day 3 - Across the High Tatras Mountains to Zakopane Journey into the Tatras, the highest range of the Carpathian Mountains. Stay in the resort town of Zakopane, famous for its wooden houses and winter sports. On arrival, join your Travel Director for an orientation of the city. Spend free time shopping for local specialties in the markets of Krup?wki Street or ascend a nearby mountain for panoramic views across the Tatras into Slovakia. In the evening, enjoy a rousing Highlight Dinner, accompanied by Goral Highlander folklore entertainment at a local restaurant.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
Day 4 - Reflect on Auschwitz, then on to Wroc?aw, the Venice of Poland Travelling past the birthplace of Pope John Paul II, your first stop will be the city of O?wi?cim, better known throughout the world by its German name, Auschwitz. With a local historian, experience a moving visit to the memorial and museum of Auschwitz and a stop at Birkenau. Travel along the Oder River to the city of Wroc?aw, known in Polish as Miasto Spotka? or the meeting place. During its long history, Wroc?aw has belonged to Poland, Bohemia, Austria, Prussia and Germany. With your Local Expert, see the brightly coloured facades of the noble mansions and the flower markets on the Plac Solny. Take in the Baroque splendour of the Rynek, and be introduced to Wroc?aw's cheeky gnomes.(Breakfast)
Day 5 - Pozna?, Cradle of the Polish nation With a relaxed start to the day, perhaps join a Local Expert on an Optional Experience to ride a historic 1900s Breslauer tram? Drive out to Ostr?w Tumski, known as Cathedral Island. It's considered as the birthplace of Poland in the 10th century and is a fascinating place of legend, often overlooked by other visitors. Explore Poznan with Insight Choice. Choose between immersing yourself in the history of the city and enjoy a walking tour or alternatively, learn the secrets behind the St Martin's croissant, a local delicacy, and enjoy a tasting.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
Day 6 - Toru?, the Gothic Glory on the Vistula and Gda?sk Stop at Gniezno to visit the cathedral and see the famous winged bronze doors. Then continue to Toru?, founded by the Teutonic Knights in 1233 and birthplace of astronomer, Nicolaus Copernicus. Join a Local Expert to discover this outstanding example of medieval architecture, now a living museum and UNESCO World Heritage Site. Spend time exploring at your own pace. Why not shop for traditional gingerbread? Follow the Vistula River north to the Baltic Sea and Gda?sk a beautiful seaside town, with a lovingly restored Old Town. As evening descends, a dinner of Baltic specialities is highly recommended, followed by a walk through Gda?sk's illuminated historic district.(Breakfast)
Day 7 - The Baltic Belles of Gda?sk Spend the morning with a passionate Local Expert. Learn captivating and fun facts about the city and see the Westerplatte, the scene of the first fighting between Polish and German troops in 1939, and the Gda?sk Shipyards where Lech Wa??sa formed the anti-Soviet Solidarno?? in 1980. Continue through the medieval city, where buildings date back to the time of the Hanseatic League.Enjoy a free afternoon and perhaps choose to visit the elegant seaside town of Sopot?(Breakfast)
Day 8 - Malbork Castle and Warsaw With a Local Expert, visit the Castle of the Teutonic Order in Malbork, founded in 1274 by the Teutonic Knights on the banks of the Nogat River. The castle is a stunning example of a medieval fortress and the largest brick Gothic castle in the world. Next, travel south across the beautiful Masuria Lake District, passing I?awa on the way to the capital of Warsaw. With the rest of the day at your leisure, perhaps attend an evening concert of Poland's best-loved composer, Fr?d?ric Chopin?(Breakfast)
Day 9 - Exploring the Proud Polish Capital of Warsaw See the Palace of Culture and the Chopin Monument in ?azienki Park with a Local Expert. Visit the Monument to the Ghetto Heroes, followed by a walk through Warsaw's Old Town, entirely rebuilt since World War II. The afternoon is yours to enjoy at leisure. Perhaps visit Wilan?w Palace, once the home to Poland's most famous King Jan Sobieski III? At your Celebration Dinner, enjoy a fine selection of local dishes with wine at a cosy Warsaw restaurant.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
Day 10 - Depart Warsaw Your journey comes to an end with your departure transfer arriving at Warsaw airport at 07:30 or 10:00.(Breakfast) Authentic Dining Krakow: Enjoy getting to know your fellow guests over a fabulous Welcome Dinner. Zakopane: Meet Poland's Goral Highlanders and share their culture at a dinner with local specialities and music. Warsaw: The Polish capital is currently enjoying a culinary renaissance - find out what the buzz is all about during your end-of-tour Celebration Dinner with wine at a favourite restaurant. Dining Summary: 9 Breakfast (B), 4 Dinner with Wine (DW) Insight Choice Poznan: Choose between an immersive walking tour through the Old Town or alternatively, learn about the local delicacy, St. Martin's croissant and enjoy a tasting. Top Rated Highlights Scenic Drives: Enjoy the scenery as you travel past the Tatra Mountains, along Oder River, through Wielkopolska and along Vistula River. Krakow: Visit the cathedral atop Wawel Hill, see the castle and look for the iconic dragon, accompanied by your Local Expert. Zakopane: Stay in the resort town of Zakopane, famous for its wooden houses and winter sports. On arrival, join your Travel Director for an orientation of the city. Spend free time shopping for local specialities in the markets of Krup?wki Street or ascend a nearby mountain for panoramic views across the Tatras into Slovakia. Auschwitz: Experience a powerful and moving visit, with a Local Expert. See the Auschwitz memorial and museum and stop at Birkenau, which bears witness to the terrible atrocities of the Holocaust. Wroclaw: See the noble mansions and flower markets of the Plac Solny, absorb the Baroque splendour of Rynek and be introduced to Wroclaw's cheeky Gnomes as you explore with your Local Expert. Gniezno: See the winged doors when you visit the cathedral. Torun: Led by your Local Expert, explore this outstanding UNESCO World Heritage Site, founded by the Teutonic Knights in 1233 and now a living museum. Gdansk: There's no better way to experience sightseeing than with one of Eastern Europe's best storytellers. Meet Agnes, a passionate Local Expert who will share captivating stories about the city and its flora and fauna. You'll explore the medieval city and see the historical sights of Weterplatte and the Gdansk Shipyards. Malbork: Visit the 13th century fortified monastery belonging to the Teutonic Order and the largest Gothic brick castle in the world. Warsaw: Your Local Expert will show you the city's highlights. See the Old Town, Palace of Culture and visit the Chopin Memorial in the Lazienki Park before paying your respects at the Ghetto Heroes Memorial.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 23 September 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans