Easy Pace Spain - Small Group, 2021
From 01/05/2021 to 11/10/2021
Included Insight Services.
Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency.
We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times.
If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Day 1 - Welcome to Barcelona Airport transfers depart from Barcelona airport for your hotel at 09:30, 12:30 and 15:00. Join your Travel Director at 18:00 for a Welcome Dinner at a local restaurant, as you get to know your fellow travellers over good food and wine.(Dinner with Wine)
Day 2 - Barcelona, the City of Gaud? The lively port of Barcelona boasts an impressive Old Town, although it's the daring architecture of the Catalan Art Nouveau that really sets it apart. Sightseeing with your Local Expert begins in the medieval maze of the Barri Gotic, the Gothic Quarter, a tangle of streets and squares just behind the old cathedral. Travel down the gracious Passeig de Gr?cia, past the wrought-iron street lamps. Continue on to Gaud?'s Sagrada Fam?lia, the leviathan of the Eixample, where giant mosaic spires pierce the sky like a jewelled crown. Inside, a tree canopy carved from stone, holds up the roof as sun pours through stained glass on to sea creature caverns. Then you are free to explore this amazing city at your own pace.(Breakfast)
Day 3 - Barcelona at leisure Enjoy a relaxed start and a full day at leisure to explore Spain's most vibrant city. Consider a stroll along the famous Las Ramblas or explore Gaud?'s fascinating G?ell Park. Perhaps join an Optional Experience to ascend the sacred mountain of Montserrat, Catalonia's most important pilgrimage site for a thousand years, for a tapas lunch and sweeping views?(Breakfast)
Day 4 - Pamplona and San Sebasti?n Journey west to Zaragoza where the four towers of El Pilar soar over the banks of the mighty R?o Ebro. Continue to Pamplona in the region of Navarre, famous for the Running of the Bulls festival. With free time to explore as you wish, perhaps stroll to the famous Estafeta Street. Travel to the aristocratic seaside resort of San Sebasti?n. Northern Spain's Basque country has evolved into the best place to eat in the Western world, so in the evening, discover the city's rich gastronomic tradition in the heart of Lo Viejo, the Old Town.(Breakfast)
Day 5 - Bilbao and Guggenheim Few places have been able to reinvent themselves quite like Bilbao. The former industrial city has changed its ways and is now a pin-up for urban redevelopment. Explore Bilbao with Insight Choice. Visit the Guggenheim Museum or join your Local Expert and take the funicular to Mount Artxanda. On return, join a Local Expert to admire San Sebasti?n and the crescent-shaped La Concha Bay from the heights of Monte Igueldo. After taking in the amazing views, enjoy a guided tour of the Old Quarter. See the numbered balconies of the Plaza de la Constituci?n, a reminder of the days when bullfights were held in the square. Explore the Old Town during your progressive Highlight Dinner with the locals, as you enjoy the gastronomic Basque tradition of pintxos. Similar to tapas, enjoy a variety of snack-sized treats to make your meal and be sure to try some of the local Txakoli wine. Buen provecho!(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
Day 6 - San Sebasti?n, Pearl of the Cantabrian Coast Enjoy a day at leisure to stroll along San Sebasti?n's boardwalk. The harbour is filled with fishing boats and pleasure crafts, so you can enjoy a number of sporting activities on its large sandy beach. Perhaps explore the nearby French village of Saint-Jean-de-Luz, known as the Jewel of the Basque Country? During this Optional Experience you will explore this town with a Local Expert and visit the church where The Sun King, Louis XIV, married the Spanish princess Maria Theresa.(Breakfast)
Day 7 - Burgos and Madrid Journey south through the Pyrenees foothills and the land of 'El Cid' to stop in Burgos where you can see the cathedral, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Continue along the Guadarrama Mountains to the plateau of New Castile and Spain's elegant capital of Madrid. In the evening, why not see the city lit up it all its glory, with a drive along the grand avenues and past the spectacular fountains?(Breakfast)
Day 8 - Madrid of the Bourbons Your Local Expert will show you the Royal Palace, the Plaza de Espa?a, the grandiose Cibeles Fountain, Parliament and Puerta del Sol. Then enjoy a highlight visit with an art historian to the palatial Prado Museum, one of the world's greatest art galleries with works by El Greco, Vel?zquez, Goya, as well as Italian and Dutch masters. The afternoon is free for you to continue exploring as you wish.(Breakfast)
Day 9 - The Medieval Streets of Segovia Venture northwest to visit the fascinating city of Segovia. Walk the medieval streets of this fortified city with your Local Expert and see the 14th century Alcazar Palace, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. On return to Madrid, the afternoon is at leisure. Make the most of your final night as you join your fellow travellers at a local restaurant for a generous Celebration Dinner of delightful produce, typical of the region and of course accompanied with wine.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
Day 10 - Depart Madrid After breakfast, transfers arrive at Madrid airport at 07:00, 09:00 and 11:00.(Breakfast) Authentic Dining Barcelona: Join you Travel Director at 18:00 for a Welcome Dinner at a local restaurant. San Sebastian: Dine with the locals, in Basque tradition, during an evening of pintxos. Your progressive dinner enables you to select a variety of snack-sized delicacies, each with their own flavour and presentation, making each guest's meal unique. Be sure to try some of the local Txakoli wine. Madrid: With good food and wine, toast the culmination of your travels during a fabulous Celebration Dinner. Dining Summary: 9 Breakfast (B), 3 Dinner with Wine (DW) Insight Choice Bilbao: Choose between visiting the architectural landmark Guggenheim Museum or alternatively, join your Local Expert for sightseeing and take the funicular to Mount Artxanda. Insight Experiences Madrid: Witness the world's finest collection of Spanish paintings, plus an impressive foreign collection, as you tour the Prado Museum with an art historian. Top Rated Highlights Barcelona: Explore the heart of the Gothic Quarter with your Local Expert. See the cathedral, walk through the Roman gate and tour the narrow lanes and old squares. You will also enjoy a drive down Las Ramblas and the elegant Passeig de Gr?cia to witness some of the finest Modernist architecture. Journey through the Eixample district to see Gaudi's extraordinary masterpiece, the mesmerising Sagrada Fam?lia. Zaragoza: See the four towers of El Pilar and the Rio Ebro. Pamplona: Spend free time exploring this city, known for its annual Running with the Bulls festival. San Sebastian: Led by your Local Expert, enjoy a guided walking tour of the Old Quarter including Plaza de la Constitucion. Burgos: See El Cid's burial place in the cathedral, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Madrid: See the highlights of the city with your Local Expert. Visit the Old Town, travelling along the elegant Paseo de la Castellana, past the fountain in the Plaza de Cibeles, the Cervantes Monument and Royal Palace, before crossing the Puerta del Sol. Segovia: Walk the medieval streets of this fortified city with your Local Expert and see the 14th century Alcazar Palace.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 10 December 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.