7 Night South Australia Rail, Cruise and Winery Getaway
The accommodationIndian Pacific 1 night accommodation on-board the Indian Pacific, Gold Service, Twin Cabin from Sydney to Adelaide. Adelaide 1 night accommodation at the 4.5-star Majestic Roof Garden Hotel in a Superior Room. Murray River 3 nights cruise accommodation on-board the PS Murray Princess. Barossa Valley 2 nights accommodation at the 4.5-star Novotel Barossa Valley Resort in a Superior Room. South Australia Rail, Cruise and Winery Getaway. Day 1 Sydney to Broken Hill (Indian Pacific)
Leave Sydney in the mid-afternoon and enjoy dinner views as the Indian Pacific makes its way through the magnificent Blue Mountains. After a regionally-inspired dinner and all-inclusive fine wines, there is plenty of time for socialising with fellow guests in the lounge. Retire to the comfort of your cabin for a restful night's sleep as the train rolls onward.Day 2 Broken Hill to Adelaide (Indian Pacific)
Arrive in Broken Hill in the early hours of the morning and enjoy a choice of Off Train Excursions exploring the historic mining town's unique cultural and artistic attractions. Head back to the train for breakfast while you journey west and watch the scenery change from semi-arid scrub to the russet and ochre hues of the ancient rock formations of the Southern Flinders Ranges. Arrive in Adelaide by mid-afternoon.
Stay 1 night in Adelaide.Day 3 Adelaide to Mannum (Murray River) (98km)
Adelaide is bursting at the seams with culture, events, flavour, and entertainment, with an evolving small-bar scene, world-class art and music. This morning perhaps check-out the food scene at the undercover Adelaide Central Market, which boasts artisan cheese, fresh local produce, and smoked meats and seafood, where you can stock up and take home with you.
This afternoon, depart Adelaide to start your 3 day Murray River cruise on-board the PS Murray Princess for a long indulgent weekend where you'll get a short introduction to the beautiful and historic Murray River between Walkers Flat and Murray Bridge. The PS Murray Princess is a true inland paddlewheeler built for the Murray River. Catering to just 120 passengers, she brings the unique advantages of small ship cruising to the remarkable setting of Australia's outback.
Stay 3 nights on the Murray River.Day 4 - 5 Murray River Cruising
Aboard the paddlewheeler PS Murray Princess, you will cruise through spectacular river lands and enjoy the great variety of flora and fauna. Explore the township of Murray Bridge and learn about the food & wine of this famous region or take a tour of the historic Roundhouse. See towering cliffs and picturesque gorges. Enjoy nature walks and eco-tours, see Australian wildlife including kangaroos and 350 bird species, discover the maze of backwaters, creeks and lagoons and special native wildlife shelters.Day 6 - 7 Mannum (Murray River) to Barossa Valley (via Adelaide) (175km)
Return back to Adelaide before picking up your rental car and heading out to one of the world's best wine regions - The Barossa Valley. With over 80 cellar doors, Barossa Valley is home to some of the most awarded wines in the world.
Enjoy the 'This is your Life' winery tour at one of the most iconic wineries - Seppeltsfield. Create your own journey through the Centennial Cellar, by selecting 5 different years, from 1902 onwards, to taste and contemplate from significant moments over your life. Whether it be your family's birth years, a collection of significant years throughout your life, or even milestones for your workplace or business. Seppeltsfield takes your guidance to create a Centennial Cellar experience personal to you.
Visit the Barossa Farmers Markets, held weekly on a Saturday, to sample fresh local produce, award-winning cheese or a variety of delicious wines. Be sure to stop into Maggie Beer Farm Eatery for a tasty quintessential South Australian treat, or Jacob's Creek Visitor Centre, where you can make your own blend, or join a gourmet cooking and wine masterclass.
Stay 2 nights in the Barossa Valley.Day 8 Barossa Valley to Adelaide (75km)
Head back into Adelaide at your own leisure.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 28 October 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- This is an Everyday fare:
- 91 days or more prior to departure - $50 per person cancellation fee.
- 90 - 46 days prior to departure - $500 per person cancellation fee.
- Within 45 days prior to departure - Fare is non-refundable.
- Please be aware that during these evolving times of the COVID-19 pandemic all Hotels, Resorts and Tours advertised will be subject to availability and re-opening schedule changes.
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.