South Australia Gourmet Luxe Getaway, 6 Days
The accommodationDay 1 - 2 Adelaide
Adelaide is bursting at the seams with culture, flavour, and entertainment. Take a stroll along the tree-lined boulevard, North Terrace, which is home to some of the city's most important cultural institutions. The Art Gallery of South Australia houses some 38,000 works featuring Australian, European, North American and Asian artwork.
Check-out the food scene at the undercover Adelaide Central Market, which boasts artisan cheese, fresh local produce, and smoked meats and seafood. Make time to visit any of the Haigh's chocolate shops across Adelaide, or visit the Visitor Centre at Parkside for a factory viewing tour to get an insight into how these delicious chocolates are made.
Only minutes away from the city you can visit and taste your way through award-winning wineries, or soak-up the sun along one of the many golden beaches. Head for the cool-climate region of the Adelaide Hills and drop into some of the area's 60 wineries, such as pioneering Hahndorf Hill. On the weekend you can drop into the Adelaide Hills Farmers Market for a taste of seasonal, local produce. Head out to explore the nearby Fleurieu Peninsula's McLaren Vale region where you can taste a variety of wines, and be sure to visit the giant Rubik's Cube seemingly floating above the d'Arenberg winery.
Stay 2 nights in AdelaideDay 3 - 4 Adelaide - Renmark (259km)
Take a leisurely drive to Renmark in the Riverlands today, stopping along the way. Stop into Banrock Station Wine and Wetland Centre, nestled in the internationally recognised wetland system, where you can sit back and taste some of the region's best wine overlooking the wetlands and vineyards. A little further is the Flavours of the Riverland, showcasing the diverse local produce, where you can taste regional flavours before making your way to your accommodation.
The Frames offers ultra-luxury accommodation with 3 opulent and private residences, situated on a cliff top at the river crossings of Paringa, overlooking the Murray River. Here is the perfect location to explore the Riverland, with a range of experiences including a sunset gondola cruise with sparkling wine and a cheese platter as you cruise along the Murray River on a beautifully restored 100 year old classic wooden boat. Head down to 23rd Street Distillery where you can enjoy a complimentary tour and tastings as part of your accommodation package. The distillery offers guests of The Frames private gin classes where you can blend and create your very own gin for an additional fee.
Head up to Headings Cliff Lookout and admire the mighty Murray River, surrounded by ancient red gum forest, river channels and abundant wildlife. A short drive further north is the Wilkadene Woolshed Brewery, located in the historic 100 year-old shearing sheds of Wilkadene Station, where you can sit back and relax with a bottle of local brew.
Visit the nearby historic Overland Corner Hotel, built in 1859, an iconic watering hole that was once popular for drovers and passengers of paddle boats and stagecoaches. Today it is a favourite lunch location with a menu showcasing local produce and an extensive beer collection. If you are returning back just before sunset, be sure to stop and watch the sunset at Lake Bonney with the tortured trees, a photographer's favourite with the evening skies acting as the perfect backdrop.
Stay 2 nights in the RiverlandsDay 5 Renmark - Barossa Valley (200km)
Today travel to one of the world's best wine regions, the Barossa Valley, with over 80 cellar doors, home to some of the most awarded wines in the world. There are many fine wineries to choose from, so plan ahead to select the wineries you want to visit, or leave the car at your hotel, and join a tour that will take you to some of the best wineries around.
A must-do is a visit to the Barossa's most iconic winery, Seppeltsfield, founded in 1851, where you can drink in the history of Seppeltsfield and even taste your own birth-year Tawny directly from the barrel. Stop into Penfolds, not just for their outstanding wines, they also house the Barossa Distilling Company. Taste a range of craft spirits, including gin, whisky, rum, vodka, brandy and liquors, plus they have created some of the finest cocktails to be found in the Barossa. Visit the Barossa Farmers Markets, held weekly on a Saturday, to sample fresh local produce, award-winning cheese or a variety of delicious wines. Be sure to stop into Maggie Beer Farm Eatery for a tasty quintessential South Australian treat, or Jacob's Creek Visitor Centre, where you can make your own blend, or join a gourmet cooking and wine masterclass.
Stay 1 night in the Barossa ValleyDay 6 Barossa Valley - Adelaide (71km)
Make your way back to Adelaide today as your journey comes to an end.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 October 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- ^Flexible Terms & Conditions: Applies to selected products only & excludes instant purchase & non-refundable products. Please ask your consultant for details at time of booking. A refundable deposit of $55 per person is required to secure your booking. Final payment is due 30 days prior to travel, unless travelling within 30 days of booking. Changes & cancellations made 14 days or more prior to travel will not incur fees. Changes are subject to availability & may incur additional costs due to changes in seasonality, pricing & applicable surcharges. Any additional cost associated with changing will remain the responsibility of the customer. Original booking may contain bonus inclusions which are no longer available. In this instance, you will be offered a credit of your payment less any applicable supplier fees. In the instance that flights are added, the booking becomes non-refundable & change fees will apply. Changes & cancellations made within the applicable cancellation period will be subject to Flight Centre's Change & Cancellation policy which can be found at www.flightcentre.com.au. In the event there is any inconsistency between these terms and conditions and our booking terms and conditions https://www.flightcentre.com.au/booking-terms-condition, these terms and conditions will apply.
- Please be aware that during these evolving times of the COVID-19 pandemic all Hotels, Resorts and Tours advertised will be subject to availability and re-opening schedule changes.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.