From 04/09/2021 to 17/10/2021
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Sep Sat 04 2021 to Sep Sun 12 2021availableFrom$3,915*
Sep Sat 25 2021 to Oct Sun 03 2021availableFrom$3,890*
Oct Sat 09 2021 to Oct Sun 17 2021availableFrom$3,690*
Explore Paris and Arles with a Local SpecialistDiscover Beaune, Lyon, Aix-en-Provence, Monaco and AvignonVisit Saint-Sulpice Church in Paris and Pont du GardView the Eiffel Tower and Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris, Place Bellecour and the Basilica of Notre Dame in Lyon, the Royal Palace and Cathedral in Monaco and the Palace of the Popes in AvignonScenic Cruise to St.
TropezScenic Train Ride from Avignon to ParisConnect with Locals Delicious Provençal home cooking is the perfect accompaniment to a fascinating Be My Guest dinner enjoyed on the banks of the Sorgue with Poppy Salinger, who will regale you with stories of her famous husband.
8 breakfasts4 dinners (including Be My Guest)Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeingDaily breakfast and up to half your evening mealsLuxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trustedOptional Experiences and free timeAll porterage and restaurant gratuitiesMust-see sightseeing and surprise extrasAn expert Travel Director and professional DriverAll hotel tips, charges and local taxesTGV Express train between Avignon and Paris.
Day 1 - Discover romance, sophistication and French joie de vivre in Paris - the launch pad to a memorable journey through the French countryside. Explore the grand boulevards and winding lanes of the 'City of Lights', before meeting your Travel Director and companions for a Welcome Reception. We take to the streets this evening to see some of the city's most iconic sights, including the Champs ?lys?es and Arc de Triomphe, standing in all its glorious splendour for you to admire.
Day 2 - Join a Local Specialist to explore the Latin Quarter, a vibrant student hotspot and home to the Sorbonne University. Visit the remarkable church of Saint-Sulpice, then soak up the authentic atmosphere and local day-to-day life of the Parisians as you stroll through historic neighbourhoods. Spend your evening embracing the pageantry of Paris and perhaps experience a traditional Parisian Cabaret.
Day 3 - Travel through the picture-perfect Burgundy wine region and stop in its walled regional capital, Beaune - most famous for the colourful geometric-tiled H?tel-Dieu. We continue to the gastronomic capital of Lyon, where we spend the night. Discover the historic treasures of its well-preserved Old Town or perhaps indulge in delicious Beaujolais flavours in a local bouchon - the choice is yours.
Day 4 - Follow the Rh?ne Valley south, enjoying some free time in Aix-en-Provence for a delicious lunch and the sweet flavours of Calissons, then stop in the glamorous Principality of Monaco bound for the sun-kissed shores of the French Riviera. View the Palace, which has been the home of the Grimaldis since the 13th century, and the cathedral where Princess Grace and Prince Rainier were married. This evening, we enjoy a delicious Regional Dinner together in Monaco before arriving at our hotel, where we'll spend the next two nights.
Day 5 - The sun-kissed shores of the French Riviera are yours to explore today. Consider relaxing on the beach with your fellow sun-worshippers or an Optional Experience could see you visit the hilltop town of Saint-Paul-de-Vence, a popular haunt for actors seeking a relaxing retreat. In your free time, you have the opportunity to soak up the fresh sea air and perhaps indulge in a delicious Salade Ni?oise.
Day 6 - We arrive by boat in glitzy St. Tropez for a leisurely morning sojourn to soak up our fashionable surrounds. Continue on to the ancient city of Avignon, once the seat of the Papacy, where we will spend the next two nights. Our orientation of this extraordinary historic city includes views of the imposing Palace of the Popes and the famous ruined bridge straddling the Rh?ne, which inspired the famous French song, Sur le Pont d'Avignon.
Day 7 - We visit the impressive Pont du Gard aqueduct before continuing to Arles, to admire the Romanesque Cathedral and Roman amphitheatre, once the site of bloody battles and exhilarating chariot races. Tread in the footsteps of Vincent van Gogh with your Local Specialist, exploring the heritage of a city that was once an important Phoenician trading port. Tonight, we enjoy delicious Proven?al flavours as we Connect With Locals and join the widow of Pierre Salinger for dinner at a memorable Be My Guest experience in a converted historic mill on the banks of the Sorgue.
Day 8 - The picture-perfect French countryside is our constant companion as we take the high-speed TGV train through the heart of France, past Auxerre and the sprawling vineyards of Burgundy, back to Paris where you have the rest of the afternoon to explore the city on your own terms. This evening we celebrate an unforgettable sojourn through France at a Farewell Dinner with our Travel Director and newfound friends.
Day 9 - This morning after breakfast, it's time to bid Paris a fond au revoir as our fascinating journey through France comes to an end. Find out more about your free airport transfer at trafalgar.com/freetransfers.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 01 August 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 27 July 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans