Jewels of France including Normandy
From 11/09/2021 to 09/10/2021
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Sep Sat 11 2021 to Sep Sat 18 2021availableFrom$1,830*
Sep Sat 18 2021 to Sep Sat 25 2021Sold OutFrom$1,830*
Oct Sat 02 2021 to Oct Sat 09 2021availableFrom$1,830*
Honfleur Visit this picturesque portLoire Valley Visit the magnificent Château de Chenonceau with your Local Specialist, see the Château d'Amboise and view the Château de ChambordMont-Saint-Michel Visit the island town and view the abbeyNormandy Visit the D-Day Landing beaches of OmahaParis Sightseeing includes views of the Arc de Triomphe, Champs Élysées and the Eiffel TowerRouen View the cathedral.
7 Breakfasts2 Three-course dinnersAudio Headsets provided throughout your holiday to enhance your included sightseeing experiencesLuxury air-conditioned coachCherry-picked hotels, all tried and trustedVariety of Optional ExperiencesCity orientation toursAn expert Travel Director and professional DriverAll hotel service charges and tips, baggage handling fees and local taxesAirport transfers are provided on the first and last travel day.
Day 1 - Ah Paris! Audrey Hepburn described it best when she said 'Paris is always a good idea'. We're sure you'll agree. After checking in, meet your Travel Director for a glimpse into what lies ahead then hit the streets and explore the city your way, perhaps seeking out delicious French flavours at a local caf?. This evening you may wish to discover why Paris is so deserving of its title, the 'City of Lights'. Join your fellow travellers for an optional evening tour through Montmartre's maze of streets which once nurtured the talents of great artists and writers.
Day 2 - Retrace the steps of one of France's beloved daughters, St. Joan of Arc, when you visit medieval Rouen today. Here you'll view the city's impressive cathedral whose towers, statues and pinnacles were favourite subjects in the paintings of French Impressionist, Claude Monet. There's time to stretch your legs along Honfleur's colourful 17th-century harbour before heading to Deauville. With its racecourse and high-profile international film festival, this handsome resort town has long been a playground for well-heeled Parisians.
Day 3 - Begin your day with a moving visit to the D-Day Landing beaches and American cemetery at Omaha. Today the views may be serene, but you can't help thinking back to that summer day in 1944 when thousands of Allied soldiers made the ultimate sacrifice to reclaim Europe. After this incredibly humbling experience, you'll continue through the Loire Valley stopping at the UNESCO-listed Mont-Saint-Michel, which rises almost magically up from the sea at high tide. The spire of the Abbey seems to touch the heavens, inhabited by a golden statue of the Archangel which legend has it ordered the construction of the chapel in this unusual island location in the first place. Arriving in Rennes later, you'll be free to explore the city as you wish.
Day 4 - This is ch?teaux country, where elegant estates and manicured gardens dot the Loire River as it slices through the heart of France. You'll see why this scenic area has attracted French aristocracy for centuries. Discover Saumur, sitting elegantly astride the Loire and home to France's national equestrian school. Not only is the city of Tours the former capital of France and a beautiful gateway to the Loire Valley, it's also heaven for foodies as you'll have an opportunity to discover on your free evening. Raise a glass to good food and good friends as you join an Optional Experience dinner in the Loire Valley.
Day 5 - All that glitters really is gold which you'll come to discover as you explore the fairy-tale ch?teaux of the Loire Valley today. Your first stop is at Ch?teau d'Amboise whose art and architecture were both inspired by the Italian Renaissance. Join an optional guided tour delving into the life of Renaissance master Leonardo da Vinci, including a visit to the Manor House and gardens where he spent his last years. The next jewel to admire is stylish Chenonceau, straddling the Cher River. Join your Local Specialist for a whimsical tour of this 16th-century ch?teau and its garden, a pleasure palace deserving of its nickname the "ch?teau of the ladies". Admire the priceless collections of Renaissance art and furniture and its extraordinary collection of 16th-century tapestries before returning to your hotel in Tours where you'll enjoy dinner tonight.
Day 6 - There's another ch?teau in store this morning as you begin your return journey to Paris. We've saved the biggest for last and you'll have an opportunity to view the grand Ch?teau de Chambord and its surrounding forest. Imagine royal hunting parties combing the woods for wild game as you wind your way north past orchards, vineyards, cathedrals and ch?teaux. You'll arrive in Paris just in time to enjoy a memorable Optional Experience featuring dinner and a dazzling cabaret show. You'll have two nights in the French capital to indulge in its legendary nightlife and make lasting memories with new friends.
Day 7 - All the main icons feature on your morning sightseeing tour of Paris with your Travel Director. From the Eiffel Tower and grand Champs ?lys?es to the iconic Arc de Triomphe, honouring those who fought and died for France over the centuries, you won't miss a thing. There's plenty of time this afternoon to discover Paris for yourself. Take a stroll through the medieval Latin Quarter with a Local Specialist during an Optional Experience. There's even time to people-watch at a sidewalk bistro.
Day 8 - Your whirlwind adventure through France has come to an end. You've seen medieval cities, walked in the footsteps of saints, soldiers and noblemen, and immersed yourself in the art, culture, history and cuisine of northern France - just enough to whet your appetite for another visit. Say a fond au revoir to your Travel Director and newfound friends. Find out more about your free airport transfer at costsavertour.com/freetransfers.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 01 August 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 27 July 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans