Treasures of France including Normandy
From 11/09/2021 to 25/09/2021
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Sep Sat 11 2021 to Sep Sat 18 2021On RequestFrom$3,325*
Sep Sat 18 2021 to Sep Sat 25 2021availableFrom$3,325*
Explore Mont-Saint-Michel and Châteaux of the Loire with a Local SpecialistDiscover Paris, Bayeux and the Loire ValleyVisit the town of Rouen, Honfleur, the Bayeux Tapestry, the Normandy D-Day Landing Beaches of Omaha and Juno, the monastery of Mont-Saint-Michel, the Châteaux of Amboise and Chenonceau and Chartres cathedralView the Champs Élysées, the Eiffel Tower and the Arc de Triomphe in ParisConnect with Locals Walk among the wild hyacinths in the beautiful gardens of the 17th-century Château d'Éporcé, during a Be My Guest lunch.
Enjoy home-cooked dishes created by the resident culinary expert, Lydia.
(Day 5)Dive into Culture Explore the 11th-century Bayeux Tapestry telling the story of Norman conquests and the Battle of Hastings so many centuries ago.
7 breakfasts1 lunch (Be My Guest)4 dinnersAudio Headsets for flexible sightseeingDaily breakfast and up to half your evening mealsLuxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trustedOptional Experiences and free timeAll porterage and restaurant gratuitiesMust-see sightseeing and surprise extrasAn expert Travel Director and professional DriverAll hotel tips, charges and local taxesHandcrafted Highlights.
Day 1 - Bienvenue! The 'City of Lights' welcomes you as you prepare to embark on an unforgettable journey through France. Join your fellow travellers and Travel Director this evening for a Welcome Reception and orientation drive to admire the glittering cityscape of Paris - past grand boulevards and iconic sites like the Champs ?lys?es and the Arc de Triomphe.
Day 2 - This morning, we depart Paris and venture to the city of Rouen, the tragic site where Joan of Arc was burnt at the stake. We travel to the enchanting harbour town of Honfleur - its narrow lanes and colourful shopfronts have long attracted artists who have immortalised its beauty on canvas. Arriving in Bayeux, we visit the Tapestry Museum. Here you'll Dive Into Culture and see the Bayeux Tapestry, depicting events before and during the Battle of Hastings in 1066. This evening, we dine at our hotel.
Day 3 - We begin the day visiting the American Rangers Memorial at Pointe du Hoc. Pay tribute to the brave souls who lost their lives on the D-Day Landing Beaches of Omaha, imagining the sense of terror and triumph felt the fateful day that Allied forces set foot on mainland Europe. We stop for lunch in the seaside setting of Arromanches, once at the heart of the Normandy landings, before visiting the D-Day Museum to learn about the artificial harbour used by the Allies. Finish the day on the beaches of Juno, where the Canadian forces came ashore in 1944.
Day 4 - This morning, travel to the fortified island town of Mont-Saint-Michel. Here we'll join a Local Specialist for a tour of Mont-Saint-Michel's medieval Benedictine Abbey. Legend has it, the abbey was built after the Archangel Michael appeared to the Bishop of Avranches inspiring him to build a church atop the island. Consider an Optional Experience to the historic walled port city of Saint-Malo, once home to the famous French explorer Jacques Cartier.
Day 5 - Journey through the scenic countryside, stopping to Connect With Locals at a lunch with wine in a 17th-century ch?teau during a Be My Guest experience set within beautiful gardens. We journey to the Loire Valley, where we will spend the next two nights.
Day 6 - We spend our day admiring the beautiful ch?teaux of the Loire Valley and join a Local Specialist for a visit to the Amboise Royal Ch?teau. It is here that King Fran?ois I hosted Leonardo da Vinci, whose tomb now lies in the Chapel of Saint-Hubert adjoining the ch?teau. We continue with a visit to Chenonceau, built on the Cher River. The ch?teau is often referred to as the 'Ladies Castle', due to the many women who influenced its construction and development. Today it contains priceless collections, including Renaissance furniture, tapestries and masterpieces by Rubens and Tintoretto.
Day 7 - Our first stop today is the town Chartres and its beautiful Roman Catholic Cathedral, regarded as one of the most authentic and complete works of religious architecture from the early 13thcentury. We journey back to Paris this afternoon and spend the rest of our day in the 'City of Lights' with free time to take in some of the sights. Celebrate with your Travel Director and newfound friends this evening at a Farewell Dinner with local wines at a Parisian bistro.
Day 8 - For now it's time to say a fond au revoir to France and your fellow travellers at the end of a memorable trip. Find out more about your free airport transfer at trafalgar.com/freetransfers.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 04 August 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 30 July 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans