Greek Island Explorer
From 16/04/2022 to 04/10/2022
2 Three-course dinners.
First class travel Highlights.
Audio Headsets provided throughout your holiday to enhance your included sightseeing experiences.
Luxury air-conditioned coach.
High-speed ferries from Piraeus to Santorini, Santorini to Mykonos and Mykonos to Piraeus, subject to availability and weather conditions.
Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted.
Variety of Optional Experiences.
City orientation tours.
An expert Travel Director and professional Driver.
All hotel service charges and tips, baggage handling fees and local taxes.
Airport transfers are provided on the first and last travel day.
Day 1 - Arrive Athens (2 Nights) Let it sink in - the fact that you're standing in what was once the centre of the western world, where the likes of Socrates, Aristotle and Plato offered their wisdom and insights which have stood the test of time. Your launch pad to a Greek island adventure begins in the capital, where you'll be met on arrival and transferred to your hotel. There's plenty of time to relax on the islands, so lace up your walking shoes and discover the city your way. Later, join your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a glimpse into what lies ahead.
Day 2 - Athens sightseeing and free time The Acropolis looms large over Athens and today you'll get up close and personal with this ancient citadel. Your Local Specialist reveals its extraordinary history that spans thousands of years as you view the archaeological remains of temples, theatres and the mighty Parthenon, considered the most important building to survive from Classical Greece. You'll view the Panathinaiko Olympic Stadium, the Temple of Zeus and Hadrian's Arch, stopping in Syntagma Square to admire the curiously clad Evzone guards at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. The rest of the day is yours to explore Athens on your terms, but with ancient history on your mind you may wish to embark on an Optional Experience to see the 5th-century BC Temple of Poseidon at Sounion. This evening, if the sizzle of street food hasn't already captured your attention, you may wish to join your fellow travellers for an optional traditional dinner at a favourite city taverna.
Day 3 - Athens - Santorini (3 Nights) Don't resist the urge to slow it all down as you leave the busy cityscape behind and catch a high-speed ferry to Santorini. The spectacular volcanic eruption in 1646 BC had quite the magic touch on its dramatic landscape. After checking in and an orientation tour, you'll have some time on your own, followed by dinner at your hotel.
Day 4 - Santorini free time Don't waste a second of your time lazing on the sun-soaked beaches of Santorini when you can ascend to its highest point for stunning views instead. This Optional Experience will reveal the iconic landscapes of the Cyclades you've only seen in photographs - the gleaming whitewashed buildings, cerulean blue domes and tumbling cerise bougainvillea. An alternative Optional Experience could see you board a ca?que fishing boat to the volcano instead, soaking in its warm thermal waters and healing mud against the backdrop of Santorini's enchanting cliff-top villages. This evening, there's no better place to bid farewell to another beautiful island day than in Oia. After an optional afternoon wine tasting paired with local meze, you'll stroll through its marble streets to our favourite sunset spot to capture the Instagram shot of the trip.
Day 5 - Santorini free time Indulge in another full day to explore Santorini your way. You could choose one of several Optional Experiences to fill the day or stroll through Fira's narrow streets shopping for last-minute souvenirs, clothing and jewellery. Incredible views of the Caldera are never far as you explore the island's ancient paths, villages and beaches on your own. Why not make the most of your final evening in Santorini, sampling the local culinary delights with uninterrupted views of the Aegean Sea? There's always time for one last ouzo.
Day 6 - Santorini - Mykonos (3 Nights) Bound for the island playground of Mykonos. All that stands between you and the sun-kissed shores of the Cyclades is a short high-speed ferry ride. After transferring to your hotel and a short orientation tour, Mykonos is yours for the taking so don't hold back and seek out your favourite island spots for the rest of your stay. Whitewashed houses line the narrow streets and life is rather idyllic behind the colourful wooden shutters that shield the locals from the warm Mediterranean sun. Dinner tonight is included and you'll need no excuse to stay out late, indulging in the island's renowned nightlife.
Day 7 - Mykonos free time Snap your fingers and you'll be on the other side of the island. Well, almost. You could choose to spend your day exploring tiny Mykonos your way or join your fellow travellers for an optional Island Tour driving through arid landscapes to some of its most celebrated beaches. Before you dip your toes into the water, you'll visit Ano Mera village whose 16th-century monastery is dedicated to the protectress of Mykonos. Then continue to the beautiful Blue Flag beach of Kalafatis to enjoy a cruise on a traditional ca?que fishing boat, where the cocktails are cold, and the party never ends.
Day 8 - Mykonos free time Grab your front-row seat to the goings-on in Mykonos's old port as you sit perched on one of the brightly painted wooden balconies characteristic of Little Venice. There's time today to wander through the shopping streets of Chora village and see the 16th-century windmills of Kato Mili that look out over the bay. For history lovers, there's no better way to spend your day than joining an optional visit to nearby Delos, the legendary birthplace of Apollo and his twin sister Artemis. On this captivating exploration of what was once the most important site in ancient Greece, you'll see many artefacts that have been collected in the ruins of this sacred site. After a day of sightseeing, you'll want to make the most of your final evening in this island playground. Seek out a taverna with beautiful views of the sunset and toast to another day in paradise with new friends.
Day 9 - Mykonos - Athens (1 Night) Leaving island life behind, it's time to return to Athens for a final exhilarating encounter with the vibrant Greek capital. Transfer to your Athens hotel, then spend the evening in the narrow lanes of Plaka following your nose past its 19th-century fa?ades to find the best souvlaki in town. A lively evening lies ahead if you've yet to have your fill of good times with good friends. Keep your toes tapping to the street music that fills the air and find a taverna with your name on it.
Day 10 - Depart Athens Your journey through Athens and the Greek islands reveals why ancient Greece was the chosen land for gods and goddesses, philosophers, poets and famous personalities. As you prepare for your return journey and long after you arrive home, you'll remember the generous spirit, postcard-perfect scenery and legacy of the ancients that are among the many gifts that Greece has given you. Say farewell to your new friends at the end of your holiday. Find out more about your free airport transfer at costsavertour.com/freetransfers. Sightseeing Highlights Athens Sightseeing tour with a Local Specialist includes a visit to the magnificent Acropolis and views of the Temple of Zeus and Hadrian's Arch Mykonos Orientation of the port and Mykonos town includes a walk along the narrow cobbled streets and your Travel Director will provide information on beaches and sightseeing opportunities Santorini Enjoy an orientation of the town of Fira with the views over the caldera and your Travel Director will provide information on beaches and sightseeing opportunities
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 07 December 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.