Capital to Country Luxe Getaway
The accommodationDay 1 - 2 Canberra (or travelling from Sydney 291km)
Make your way to Canberra to explore Australia's capital city. Canberra plays host to open spaces, broad boulevards, fresh ground coffee, culture and history, all surrounded by parkland and native bush. This small cosmopolitan city features a number of renowned galleries and museums, with a great food scene and plenty of creativity.
Canberra's Old Bus Depot holds weekly markets where you can browse through hipster clothes and homewares, through to delicious organic produce and coffee. Explore the stunning galleries and museums which house many of the nation's most important artwork and artefacts, including a priceless collection of Indigenous art. You can catch democracy in action at Parliament House, get a history lesson on our nation's currency at the Royal Australian Mint, or pay your respects and marvel at the history at the Australian War Memorial.
Get out and explore the wineries around Canberra with over 30 boutique wineries to discover and taste sensational drops from Riesling, Viognier and Tempranillo, or quench your thirst at a microbrewery pub, or sip fine whisky at a local distillery.
Spend your nights at QT Canberra, an iconic Canberra establishment that is steeped in Australian political history with its unique design celebrating its history through bold design, a mix of quirky artefacts and bespoke furniture. Hidden behind the establishment you will find Canberra's secret gem, Lucky's Speakeasy, where you can sit back and relax with their signature drink Sazerac after a day of exploring.
Stay 2 nights in CanberraDay 3 - 4 Canberra to Sutton Forest (163km)
Travelling from Canberra to Sutton Forest, experience the awe-inspiring beauty of the country as you travel through the Southern Highlands of New South Wales. You will travel through the town of Goulburn, declared as Australia's first inland city in 1863, the town is rich in history with a thriving arts scene.
As you make your way to Sutton Forest, one of NSW's most historic settlements, you'll discover stately manor houses and estates reminiscent of the English countryside. Base yourself at the charming Peppers Manor House, an elegant country retreat which exudes old world charm set in the picturesque Sutton Forest. Your accommodation offers a touch of country glamour and will sweep you up in its charm with an open fireplace roaring in The Great Hall throughout winter.
Spend your next day exploring the surrounding region. Bowra is the largest town in the Southern Highlands, and is approximately 15 minutes drive north of Sutton Forest. Explore the beautiful Corbett Gardens with their huge array of tulips, bulbs, shrubs and trees on display, and is home to the Tulip Time Festival in Spring. For views overlooking the town, hike up to Mt Gibraltar and then take a short drive to the Bradman Museum and International Cricket Hall of Fame. Visit the many wineries dotted throughout the region, such as Sutton Forest Estate Wines, a boutique winery offering Italian style wines, or try the Riesling at Cherry Tree Hill Wines.
Venture a little south of Sutton Forest where nature lovers will enjoy the beauty of the landscape of the Southern Highlands. Set in the middle of the Highlands is Robertson, perched above Macquarie Pass and Illawarra Escarpment, and it was also the backdrop for the Australian film Babe. A must do is to sink your teeth into a sweet or savoury pie from the famous Robertson Pie Shop, or sample homemade cheeses from the old Robertson Cheese Factory, established in 1936. Enjoy the Rainforest walking track in Robertson Nature Reserve or see the spectacular waterfalls at Belmore Falls featuring three drops plummeting into Kangaroo Valley. A short drive west, you will witness one of Australia's most spectacular waterfalls at Fitzroy Falls, a 81m high plunging waterfall that can be viewed easily by a boardwalk.
Stay 2 nights in Sutton ForestDay 5 Sutton Forest to Canberra (162km) or to Sydney (136km)
Make you way back to Canberra or Sydney as your journey comes to an end.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 November 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Pricing is based on Friday to Sunday stays at the QT Canberra and Sunday to Thursday stays at Peppers Manor House. Surcharge will apply for any variations of this.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Please be aware that during these evolving times of the COVID-19 pandemic all Hotels, Resorts and Tours advertised will be subject to availability and re-opening schedule changes.
- ^Flexible Terms & Conditions: Applies to selected products only & excludes instant purchase & non-refundable products. Please ask your consultant for details at time of booking. A refundable deposit of $55 per person is required to secure your booking. Final payment is due 30 days prior to travel, unless travelling within 30 days of booking. Changes & cancellations made 14 days or more prior to travel will not incur fees. Changes are subject to availability & may incur additional costs due to changes in seasonality, pricing & applicable surcharges. Any additional cost associated with changing will remain the responsibility of the customer. Original booking may contain bonus inclusions which are no longer available. In this instance, you will be offered a credit of your payment less any applicable supplier fees. Any additions to the original booking, including airfares, accommodation, cruises, tours & transfers, will be subject to their own booking terms & conditions which may not permit changes or refunds. If changes are permitted, fees may apply. Changes & cancellations made within the applicable cancellation period will be subject to Flight Centre's Change & Cancellation policy which can be found at www.flightcentre.com.au.In the event there is inconsistency between these Flexible Terms & Conditions & those found on our website, Flexible Terms and Conditions will apply.
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.