8 Night Incredible Darwin to Adelaide Ghan Explorer
The accommodationDay 1 Darwin
Start your North to South Australian rail adventure in beautiful Darwin today. Check into the Hilton Darwin and enjoy Free time to explore this compact, easy to navigate city. Rich in aboriginal culture and history, Darwin is host to a variety of festivals, markets and a renowned food scene.Day 2 Darwin
After a relaxing start and Free time this morning, join an exciting half day river cruise on the Northern Territory's Adelaide River. Home to over 1,600 crocodiles, learn about these incredible reptiles, their habitat and watch as some leap out of the water at the promise of buffalo meat. The river and surrounding wetlands also teem with an array of bird life. Visit beautiful Fogg Dam Conservation Reserve before the comfortable return to Darwin in the early evening.Day 3 Darwin
Today is free to explore Darwin and surrounds and take full advantage of Hilton Darwin's outstanding hospitality and amenities. This evening be treated to a 2.5-hour sunset cruise aboard the air-conditioned catamaran, 'Charles Darwin'. A territory-inspired banquet dinner is served while cruising Darwin harbour, as the sun sets magnificently into the horizon.Day 4 Darwin to The Ghan
Make your own way to Darwin Station this morning, taking to time to check in and board the legendary Ghan train for departure at 10am. From Darwin, take in remarkable Top End views while enjoying your chef-prepared 2 course lunch, before stopping in Katherine for an afternoon of unique touring. Experience one of the region's most impressive natural wonders near Katherine; stunning Nitmiluk Gorge lies within the massive Nitmiluk National Park and you'll have the chance to explore it from the water with guided cruise options - an unforgettable experience. A delicious 3-course dinner is served with a selection of included wines and beverages in the elegant Queen Adelaide restaurant.Day 5 The Ghan
Next stop is Alice Springs, where more Off-Train Excursions await. Explore Simpsons Gap, tour the town attractions, or get up close to some of the Red Centre's native wildlife. Delicious dinner on the train is followed by an extraordinary outback experience. Stop at Manguri siding to view the Milky Way as you have never seen it before. Simply breathtaking.Day 6 The Ghan to Adelaide
From your cabin window this morning, see a dramatic change in landscape, as the rich ochre tones of the outback make way South Australia's green fields. Enjoy a leisurely brunch as you pass through the majestic Flinders Ranges and prepare for your arrival into Adelaide, completing one of the world's great travel experiences. On arrival into Adelaide at 1pm, make your way to the nearby five-star Hilton Adelaide, for check in and Free time.Day 7 Adelaide
Take a leisurely start today, with a full free day to relax at the Hilton Adelaide and explore the historic city as you please. Nearby your accommodation are cafes, restaurants, heritage buildings and famous markets. Enjoy fresh air in the many parks and open spaces.Day 8 Adelaide
A visit to South Australia wouldn't be complete without a day discovering the Barossa Valley and its outstanding wine and produce. Visit award-wining cellar doors and Maggie Beer's wonderful Farm Shop before lunch at Lambert Estate, featuring seasonal, regional produce. Pair this with a glass of wine (own cost) from the deck of this popular vineyard. Then, take in more panoramic views and finish the day with house made chocolate and paired wines at Barossa Valley Chocolate Company before returning to Adelaide for the evening.Day 9 Adelaide
Check out and make your own way home today.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 November 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- AMENDMENT POLICY:
- Changes are allowed free of charge up to 20 January; strictly subject to availability, train fees and fare differences once trains have been booked.
- CANCELLATION POLICY:
- Cancellation within 14 days of purchase: 100% refund or credit for future travel
- Cancellation between 14 days of purchase and 20 January: Loss of deposit only.
- Cancellation after 20 January: 100% of package price.
- Please be aware that during these evolving times of the COVID-19 pandemic all Hotels, Resorts and Tours advertised will be subject to availability and re-opening schedule changes.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.