Great Southern Rail - Adelaide Delight, 6 Nights, Gold Service
The accommodationThe Great Southern Rail Journey. Day 1 Brisbane to Coffs Harbour
After setting off from Brisbane, enjoy lunch onboard and a relaxing afternoon settling in to your private cabin before arriving at the coastal town of Coffs Harbour. As the sun dips beneath the horizon, enjoy a unique beachside dinner where you'll feast on local produce and fresh seafood matched with fine wines, while the waves lap at the shore nearby. After a few leisurely hours, you'll reboard the train and set off for the night.Day 2 Hunter Valley to Port Stephens or Newcastle
Start the day with a hearty breakfast onboard before setting off for a full day of Off Train Excursions. Today you get to choose your own adventure with your choice of the Hunter Valley or Port Stephens.
Hunter Valley Wine Region: Meander through the picturesque and historic vineyards of the Hunter Valley, where you can sample wines from both world-renowned brands and boutique cellar doors. Your day will include cellar door experiences and a sumptuous lunch.
Port Stephens by Land: Experience the impressive Stockton Bight Sand Dunes and beach by 4WD van, stopping to hunt for pipis and driving to the top of a sand dune to take in the incredible views. Afterwards, enjoy a relaxed lunch before heading back to the train in the afternoon (low intensity).
Port Stephens by Sea: Enjoy the stunning views of Port Stephens with a relaxed morning of sailing on the water and the chance to spot dolphins along the way. Afterwards, enjoy a relaxed lunch before heading back to the train in the afternoon (low intensity).
In the evening, return to the train to enjoy a regionally-inspired meal prepared onboard before retiring for the night.Day 3 Silverton or Broken Hill/strong>
After enjoying breakfast and lunch onboard, enjoy an afternoon of unique touring experiences in the outback New South Wales towns of Silverton or Broken Hill.
Silverton Explorer: Take time to explore the museum, quirky galleries and Mad Max Museum while wandering around the tiny, uniquely Outback town that is Silverton before enjoying a cool drink in the iconic Silverton Hotel (low to medium intensity).
Historic Day Dream Mine: Don a miner's helmet and enjoy both a surface and underground mine tour at this unique, remote outback mine. While this tour is not for the faint-hearted, the adventure is worth the effort exploring 120m underground and getting a true insight into a miner's life from yesteryear. Enjoy afternoon tea of scones with a cuppa before heading back to the train (med-high intensity).
The Hart of Broken Hill: Venture up to the Line of Lode Miner's Memorial to pay respects to the miners before heading to the home of Pro Hart. With a glass of wine in hand, have fun creating your own masterpiece in Pro's original studio, in the company of his daughter or son, and enjoy time to explore the gallery to take in the art of one of Australia's most loved artists (low intensity).Day 4 Adelaide
As the train journeys through the charming Adelaide Hills, enjoy your last breakfast onboard before arriving into Adelaide and the end of your Great Southern train journey.
Stay 3 nights in AdelaideDay 5 - 7 Adelaide
Adelaide is bursting at the seams with culture, flavour, and entertainment. Take a stroll along the tree-lined boulevard, North Terrace, which is home to some of the cityi��s most important cultural institutions. The Art Gallery of South Australia houses some 38,000 works featuring Australian, European, North American and Asian artwork.
Check-out the food scene at the undercover Adelaide Central Market, which boasts artisan cheese, fresh local produce, and smoked meats and seafood. Make time to visit any of the Haighi��s chocolate shops across Adelaide, or visit the Visitor Centre at Parkside for a factory viewing tour to get an insight into how these delicious chocolates are made.
On the weekend you can drop into the Adelaide Hills Farmers Market for a taste of seasonal, local produce. Head out to explore the nearby Fleurieu Peninsulai��s McLaren Vale region where you can taste a variety of wines, and be sure to visit the giant Rubiki��s Cube seemingly floating above the di��Arenberg winery.
Enjoy a personally escorted journey where you will travel through the scenic Torrengs Gorge to the Barossa Valley. The Torrens Gorge is a natural chasm carved out of the Adelaide Hills by the River Torrens. If time permits you may get to stop at a local bakery to taste the best of the fine German pastries. You may visit icons such at Peter Lehmann Winery, Torbreck, via Menglers Hill look out, local cheese maker, lunch al fresco or Vintners just out of Angaston. There may also be time to take in Henschke winery, Yalumba, boutique such as Charles Melton or Turkey Flat. For the food lovers a visit to Maggie Beer Farmshop is a must.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 December 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- This is an Everyday Saver fare:
- 91 days or more prior to departure - $50 per person cancellation fee.
- 90 - 46 days prior to departure - $500 per person cancellation fee.
- Within 45 days prior to departure - Fare is non-refundable.
- Please be aware that during these evolving times of the COVID-19 pandemic all Hotels, Resorts and Tours advertised will be subject to availability and re-opening schedule changes.
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.