Food and Wine in A French Chateau - Detour Mini Adventure(Twin Share Room,Start Beaujolais, End Beaujolais)
From 28/05/2021 to 29/09/2021
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
May Fri 28 2021 to May Mon 31 2021Sold OutFrom$1,010*
Jun Wed 09 2021 to Jun Sat 12 2021Sold OutFrom$1,010*
Jun Fri 25 2021 to Jun Mon 28 2021AvailableFrom$1,010*
Jul Fri 09 2021 to Jul Mon 12 2021AvailableFrom$1,010*
Jul Sun 25 2021 to Jul Wed 28 2021AvailableFrom$1,010*
Sep Tue 07 2021 to Sep Fri 10 2021AvailableFrom$1,010*
Sep Sun 26 2021 to Sep Wed 29 2021Sold OutFrom$1,010*
4 meals: 2 breakfasts, 1 dinner and 1 regional dinner.
Day 1 - Villefranche to Beaujolais Bonjour, welcome to your foodie adventure! Today kicks off with a complimentary transfer from Villefranche sur Saone Station to our 16th Century Chateau.Rub your eyes, blink: yep, that's our accommodation for the night, complete with a bar, swimming pool and dreamy views of the surrounding vineyards. Once we've checked in and chilled out we'll be feeling like royalty, and that's before we enjoy some local wine paired with cheese. Then, it's time to head to the local village, for a 3 course welcome dinner of traditional French fine dining. This is the good life. Once we've had time to digest our dinner, we'll get to explore this cute village before heading back to the Chateau for a glass of wine at the bar. What a day, and we're just getting started...
Day 2 - Beaujolais This morning we'll bid au revoir to our Chateau for the day, as we head into Lyon for a change of pace.Welcome to the hub of culinary wonders that is Lyon! We won't waste any time getting stuck in with an optional walking tour of wondrous Lyon, with its chic bistros and boulangeries. As well as exploring the city's icons, we'll also uncover 'Hidden Lyon' through it's secret passageways, known locally as Traboules. Once used by locals to cross the city undercover, they were also used by the Resistance in WWII to hold secret meetings and contributed to protecting Lyon from total Nazi occupation. After some exploring, our local guide will take us through the food markets to shop for the freshest local produce. What are we going to do with all this food? Cook it, of course. That's right, our guide Anne Sophie is also our host for the evening, and she'll take us into her home for an immersive cooking class. Once we've learned all the tricks that make French cuisine so delicious, we'll get to enjoy the fruits of our labours (maybe with a glass of wine, or two).Once we're suitably stuffed with history, culture and food, we'll head back to the Chateau for a well deserved chilled night. We've got more adventures in store tomorrow.
Day 3 - Beaujolais Rise and shine! After enjoying a hearty homemade breakfast this morning, we'll get ready for some winery hopping. The Beaujolais region has some of the world's finest vineyards, producing fruity, bold wines that are as distinctive and beautiful as the region itself. We'll visit two wineries where you'll have a chance to learn about the wines they produce (including the world-famous Beaujolais Nouveau), meet local winemakers and of course sample some of their finest drops. At our second stop, surrounded by the swaying vineyards, we'll enjoy lunch paired with wine. Then, for our final evening, it's time to head back to the Chateau where our team of live-in chefs will prepare an authentic French Dinner. We'll tuck in on the Chateau terrace, with even more magnificent views of the Beaujolais countryside. France, we never want to leave you.
Day 4 - Beaujolais It's our final day (sob), but that doesn't mean we can't enjoy one last breakfast, take a stroll in the countryside or even have a dip in the pool. You can take a complimentary transfer back to Villefranche-sur-Saone, or make your own arrangements. The trip is over, but all of those delicious memories will put smiles on our faces for years to come. Start Beaujolais Arrival transfers between Villefranche and Chateau Beaujolais Return transfers to Lyon French Art de Vivre Eat Shop Cook Experience Beaujolais Entry and Tasting at 2 Wineries Lunch with Wine at a Local Winery Transport to and from the Chateau and Wineries Enjoy a French picnic in the beautiful countryside of the Beaujolais wine region Depart Beaujolais Departure Transfer to Villefranche
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 November 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.