Cape York Frontier
From 28/09/2021 to 04/10/2021
Thursday IslandThe Top of mainland AustraliaSomerset Fruit Bat FallsLakefield National ParkCape Tribulation.
Specialist highly experienced Travel Director/DriverBasic hotelsNational Park entrance fees.
Day 1 - Your adventure begins along the scenic coastal route to the World Heritage listed Wet Tropics Daintree Rainforest. Cross the Daintree River by cable ferry and travel into the World Heritage listed Daintree Rainforest and Cape Tribulation, where the rainforest meets the reef. Next is the rugged 4WD Bloomfield Track (conditions permitting). Cross the Bloomfield River near the Aboriginal community of Wujal Wujal. On to visit the Lion's Den Hotel and eerie Black Mountain enroute to historic Cooktown. Where we visit Captain Cooks landing, before settling into our accommodation.
Day 2 - This morning travel through the agricultural district of Lakeland on your way to Quinkan Country near Laura. Explore Lakefield National Park, Queensland's second largest at 542,856 hectares. Waterlily covered billabongs, wildlife and a great variety of birdlife makes for a memorable day before arriving at the century old Telegraph Station of Musgrave.
Day 3 - This morning, we continue north stopping off at the historic frontier gold town of Coen and the picturesque Archer River, before making our way to the bauxite-mining town of Weipa. Enjoy the spectacular sunset over the Gulf of Carpentaria.
Day 4 - This morning you have the option to join a wildlife Eco River Cruise or a Bauxite Mine Tours (own expense). After lunch (own expense) we head for our overnight accommodation at a true blue Aussie cattle station, Bramwell Station.
Day 5 - After an early start, we head north travelling along part of the Old Telegraph Track to arrive at Fruit Bat Falls for lunch. Relax, swim and enjoy this unique area with its enchanting waterfall. Then northwards across the Jardine River, to arrive at Cape York! We will be staying at Seisia. Seisia is ideally located for our next 2 nights, being in walking distance from the Seisia Wharf, the departure point for the ferry to Thursday Island and a famous fishing spot.
Day 6 - An unforgettable day! Stand at the very top of mainland Australia. We then visit Somerset (road conditions permitted), once the home of the legendary Jardine family. We have lunch on palm fringed Anchorage Beach which overlooks the Albany Passage. A walk on the beach completes your day before returning to Seisia.
Day 7 - Say farewell this morning as you board your boat to cruise to Thursday Island, capital of the Torres Strait Islands. Enjoy a guided bus tour of the island. Later, transfer by ferry to Horn Island to board your aircraft to fly over the Great Barrier Reef to Cairns Airport. Arriving late afternoon in Cairns your tour finishes with a drop off to selected Cairns hotel accommodation.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 23 September 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 18 September 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans