Hawke's Bay Adventure
From 27/06/2021 to 04/05/2022
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Jun Sun 27 2021 to Jun Wed 30 2021AvailableFrom$1,237*
Aug Sun 01 2021 to Aug Wed 04 2021AvailableFrom$1,455*
Sep Sun 05 2021 to Sep Wed 08 2021AvailableFrom$1,455*
Sep Sun 26 2021 to Sep Wed 29 2021AvailableFrom$1,455*
Nov Sun 07 2021 to Nov Wed 10 2021AvailableFrom$1,585*
Dec Sun 05 2021 to Dec Wed 08 2021AvailableFrom$1,490*
Jan Sun 09 2022 to Jan Wed 12 2022AvailableFrom$1,490*
Feb Sun 13 2022 to Feb Wed 16 2022AvailableFrom$1,490*
Mar Sun 06 2022 to Mar Wed 09 2022AvailableFrom$1,585*
Apr Sun 03 2022 to Apr Wed 06 2022AvailableFrom$1,585*
May Sun 01 2022 to May Wed 04 2022AvailableFrom$1,490*
Enjoy an insight into the unrivalled Art Deco architecture of Napier, hearing the stories and heading behind the scenes with a special tour to some of the town’s best looking buildings.
Get a taste for the Bay’s famously fantastic produce during a wine tour with your leader.
Sip and graze your way around several of our favourite local wineries.
Jump in the saddle for a ride through the best sights of Napier, through the vibrant suburb of Ahuriri and the peaceful countryside, past landmarks that tell the story of the area’s culture and history, and Pacific Ocean views.
Uncover the stories, traditions and kaitiakitanga work of the Maori people of Hawke’s Bay as you take a journey through the lives of a local tribe.
Stay at a beautiful eco-lodge on a regenerative farm – experience the farm life while lending a helping hand and choose from a number of optional activities to explore the scenic property.
Breakfasts Included: 3.
Lunches Included: 2.
Dinners Included: 2.
Hotel (1 night),Eco Lodge (2 nights).
Age: min 15.
Group Size: 1 - 10.
Napier - Art Deco Building Tour.
Napier - Food & Wine Tour.
Napier - Bike Tour.
Waimarama Beach - History Tour.
Eco Lodge - Sustainable Farm Experience.
Day 1 - Napier Welcome to your Hawke’s Bay getaway here in the North Island. Join your group and leader at 10 am at a centrally located meeting place in Napier, rebuilt as an Art Deco haven after an earthquake in the 1930s. After a welcome meeting, when your leader will give you an overview of the upcoming itinerary, enjoy a special insight into the local architecture with an exclusive tour that lets you discover the story behind, and the exterior and some interiors, of a selection of stunning buildings not usually accessible to the public. Afterwards, sip your way around the city during a tour of some of Napier’s best wineries with your leader, who will explain why the region is such a paradise for wine lovers. Drink in some fantastic views, and a few memorable vintages too. You’ll also swing by some local food producers to sample local specialties such as figs, honey and cheese. Tonight, your host will suggest a local restaurant for dinner.
Day 2 - Ahuriri Estuary - Waimarama - Hawke's Bay Eco Lodge Saddle up after breakfast this morning for a ride north of Napier to an area that was mostly inland sea before the Napier earthquake of 1931. Back in the time of Captain Cook his ship found shelter in the estuary here, and you’ll cycle through the vibrant suburb of Ahuriri and the peaceful countryside, past landmarks that tell the story of the area’s culture and history, and enjoy Pacific Ocean views. The Ahuriri Estuary (Te Whanganui a Orotu) is the remains of an extensive pre-earthquake lagoon, home to endangered wetland wildlife, native and migratory birds and a nursery for ocean-going fish. The wider estuary area contains a wildlife sanctuary in the wetlands, recreational pond area, cycle pathways and farmland. Cycle back to Napier and enjoy some free time to grab some lunch. In the afternoon head south to Waimarama for a chance to get to know the tribal history and traditions of the area with a local Maori guide. Waimarama beach was one of the stopping points of the great migratory canoe Takitimu in Maori tradition, and you’ll see why and where the Maori stayed, establishing the Hakikino fortress in the nearby hills. Learn more about tribal history and traditions, and drop into a native plant nursery and conservation area to understand how the Maori here are working to protect, restore, and reserve areas of remaining bushland. Afterwards, drive to your accommodation near Elsthorpe for the next two nights, an eco-lodge designed to connect you back to the land. Stop along the way for a quick drink at a tavern, a community hub near the Tuki Tuki river where you can mingle with the locals and the resident fox terriers, getting a real slice of local life. Then head on to the lodge, which overlooks a 40-hectare lake.
Day 3 - Hawke's Bay Eco Lodge Your accommodation is focused on not just sustainability, but regenerating the land while farming. After breakfast this morning – made with fresh produce straight from the property – you’ll take a tour of the farm and find out how the owners’ introduction of silvopasture has improved the health of the soil, the animals and biodiversity, and how the farm strives for a positive impact on the land and surrounding community. Follow the farmer as pigs are fed, eggs collected, cows milked and livestock shifted. If you’re feeling in the agricultural mood, then there are a heap of other farm jobs you can observe or lend a hand to. Afterwards you’re free to make the most of the farm’s 1500 acres – perhaps try trout fishing in the nearby Tuki Tuki river. This evening join your group and celebrate the end of your Hawke’s Bay adventure with a final dinner that makes the most of the farm’s fresh produce.
Day 4 - Napier After a leisurely breakfast, you will be transferred to Napier where your tour ends at approximately 11am.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 19 June 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans