Hawke's Bay Adventure
From 07/04/2021 to 12/10/2021
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Apr Wed 07 2021 to Apr Sun 11 2021AvailableFrom$2,035*
Apr Tue 27 2021 to May Sat 01 2021AvailableFrom$2,035*
May Wed 19 2021 to May Sun 23 2021AvailableFrom$1,975*
Jun Wed 23 2021 to Jun Sun 27 2021AvailableFrom$1,975*
Jul Wed 28 2021 to Aug Sun 01 2021AvailableFrom$1,975*
Aug Wed 18 2021 to Aug Sun 22 2021AvailableFrom$1,975*
Sep Wed 08 2021 to Sep Sun 12 2021AvailableFrom$1,975*
Oct Fri 08 2021 to Oct Tue 12 2021AvailableFrom$1,975*
Enjoy an exclusive insight into the unrivalled Art Deco architecture of Napier, hearing the stories and heading behind the scenes with a special private tour to some of the town’s best looking buildings.
Get a taste for the Bay on a food and wine exploration of the region.
Meet a third generation winemaker and make the most of their abundant food and wine knowledge as you sample local vintages and produce.
Jump in the saddle for a ride through the best sights of Napier, through the vibrant suburb of Ahuriri and the peaceful countryside, past landmarks that tell the story of the area’s culture and history, and Pacific Ocean views.
Uncover the stories, traditions and kaitiakitanga work of the Maori people of Hawke’s Bay as you take a journey through the lives of a local tribe.
Stay at a beautiful eco-lodge on a regenerative farm – experience the farm life while lending a helping hand and choose from a number of optional activities to explore the scenic property.
Breakfasts Included: 4.
Lunches Included: 2.
Dinners Included: 2.
Eco Lodge (2 nights),Hotel (2 nights).
Age: min 15.
Group Size: 4 - 10.
Napier - Art Deco Building Tour.
Napier - Premium Food & Wine Experience.
Napier - Bike Tour.
Waimarama Beach - History Tour.
Eco Lodge - Sustainable Farm Experience.
Day 1 - Napier Welcome to your Hawke’s Bay getaway here in the North Island. Join your group and leader at 10 am at a centrally located meeting place in Napier, rebuilt as an Art Deco haven after an earthquake in the 1930s. After a welcome meeting, when your leader will give you an overview of the upcoming itinerary, enjoy a special insight into the local architecture with an exclusive tour that lets you discover the story behind, and the exterior and some interiors, of a selection of stunning buildings not usually accessible to the public. After you’ve worked up an appetite, meet a third generation New Zealand winemaker – with over 40 years’ experience in the local wine industry – for an exclusive Hawke’s Bay food and wine experience. Make the most of their knowledge and relationships with the winemakers as you enjoy a two-course lunch at a nearby winery, before a wine appreciation session that will get your senses working. Taste plenty of Hawke’s Bay produce, like honey, figs, mushrooms and cheese, as you make your way through the vines and orchards, and on to Te Mata Peak, where you’ll drink in the views – and a few memorable vintages too. Tonight, your host will suggest a local restaurant for dinner.
Day 2 - Ahuriri Estuary - Napier Saddle up after breakfast this morning for a ride north of Napier to an area that was mostly inland sea before the Napier earthquake of 1931. Back in the time of Captain Cook his ship found shelter in the estuary here, and you’ll cycle through the vibrant suburb of Ahuriri and the peaceful countryside, past landmarks that tell the story of the area’s culture and history, and enjoy Pacific Ocean views. The Ahuriri Estuary (Te Whanganui a Orotu) is the remains of an extensive pre-earthquake lagoon, home to endangered wetland wildlife, native and migratory birds and a nursery for ocean-going fish. The wider estuary area contains a wildlife sanctuary in the wetlands, recreational pond area, cycle pathways and farmland. Cycle back to Napier, where you have the rest of the day free to explore the town.
Day 3 - Waimarama - Eco Lodge This morning after breakfast head south to Waimarama for a chance to get to know the tribal history and traditions of the area with a local Maori guide. Waimarama beach was one of the stopping points of the great migratory canoe Takitimu in Maori tradition, and you’ll see why and where the Maori stayed, establishing the Hakikino fortress in the nearby hills. Learn more about tribal history and traditions, and drop into a native plant nursery and conservation area to understand how the Maori here are working to protect, restore, and reserve areas of remaining bushland. Afterwards, head south to your accommodation near Elsthorpe for the next two days, an eco-lodge designed to connect you back to the land. Stop along the way for a drink and a bite to eat at a tavern, a community hub near the Tuki Tuki river where you can mingle with the locals and the resident fox terriers, getting a real slice of local life. Then head on to the lodge, which overlooks a 40-hectare lake, and soak in the scenery.
Day 4 - Eco Lodge Your accommodation is focused on not just sustainability, but regenerating the land while farming. After breakfast this morning – made with fresh produce straight from the property – you’ll take a tour of the farm and find out how the owners’ introduction of silvopasture has improved the health of the soil, the animals and biodiversity, and how the farm strives for a positive impact on the land and surrounding community. Follow the farmer as pigs are fed, eggs collected, cows milked and livestock shifted. If you’re feeling in the agricultural mood, then there are a heap of other farm jobs you can observe or lend a hand to. Afterwards you’re free to make the most of the farm’s 1500 acres – mountain biking, kayaking or trout fishing in the nearby Tuki Tuki river are just some of the ways to enjoy this beautiful piece of countryside. This evening join your group and celebrate the end of your Hawke’s Bay adventure with a final dinner that makes the most of the farm’s produce.
Day 5 - Napier Savour your final farm fresh breakfast before you return to Napier, where your Hawke’s Bay adventure comes to an end.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 04 March 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans