Queensland Hinterland Adventure
From 10/06/2021 to 05/12/2022
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Jun Thu 10 2021 to Jun Mon 14 2021AvailableFrom$2,430*
Jul Thu 01 2021 to Jul Mon 05 2021AvailableFrom$2,430*
Jul Thu 15 2021 to Jul Mon 19 2021AvailableFrom$2,430*
Jul Thu 29 2021 to Aug Mon 02 2021AvailableFrom$2,430*
Aug Thu 19 2021 to Aug Mon 23 2021AvailableFrom$2,430*
Sep Thu 16 2021 to Sep Mon 20 2021AvailableFrom$2,430*
Oct Thu 14 2021 to Oct Mon 18 2021AvailableFrom$2,430*
Nov Thu 04 2021 to Nov Mon 08 2021AvailableFrom$2,430*
Nov Thu 18 2021 to Nov Mon 22 2021AvailableFrom$2,430*
Jan Thu 06 2022 to Jan Mon 10 2022AvailableFrom$2,430*
Feb Thu 03 2022 to Feb Mon 07 2022AvailableFrom$2,430*
Mar Thu 03 2022 to Mar Mon 07 2022AvailableFrom$2,430*
Apr Thu 07 2022 to Apr Mon 11 2022AvailableFrom$2,430*
Learn the stories and traditions of the First Nations people of Mooloolaba with a tidal river cruise, spotting local wildlife and enjoying a bush tucker-inspired grazing platter along the way.
Immerse yourself in the ancient Gondwana rainforest as you explore tracks to hidden waterfalls and experience the show of a glow-worm tour at night.
Discover the world’s largest stand of ancient bunya pines and, on a walk with an Indigenous ranger, learn how the First Nations people of the area used to sustain life and heal themselves by living off the land.
Get active and surround yourself with nature with opportunities for walks and wild animal spotting.
Help support local businesses and regions – some still recovering from recent bushfires – in your own backyard, and experience local community spirit and family-run hospitality.
Breakfasts Included: 4.
Dinners Included: 2.
Rainforest Retreat (1 night),Motel (3 nights).
Age: min 15.
Group Size: 4 - 12.
Lamington NP - Guided nature & tree top walk.
Included glow-worm tour.
Glass House Mountains - Lookouts, short walks.
Mooloolaba - Saltwater First Nations cultural tour & cruise with grazing platter late lunch/early dinner.
Bunya Mountains NP - Scenic First Nations guided walk.
Bunya Mountains NP - Morning guided walk.
KINGAROY BOUTIQUE - Wine tasting.
Toowoomba - Table Top Mountain lookout.
Free time in Toowoomba for shopping and lunch – explore the funky streets and cafes see why some call it ‘little Melbourne’.
Day 1 - Brisbane - Lamington NP Begin your exploration of the Queensland hinterlands with an early morning meeting in the heart of Brisbane. Meet your fellow travellers and then head south to Lamington National Park, where subtropical and temperate climates converge to create a vast rainforest full of plants, animals and bird species found nowhere else. The park, a Gondwana Rainforests of Australia World Heritage Area, boasts endless miles of walking tracks, and what feels like a waterfall around every corner. Check into your accommodation in the heart of the park, then head out to immerse yourself in the forest as you bushwalk with your own private park ranger. Take a 2-3 hour soft hike past 500-year-old trees, huge vines and hidden waterfalls, try to spot the birdlife – like the Albert’s lyrebird – that call the park home, and see the forest from canopy height on a treetop walk. Wrap up the day with a welcome drink and free time for dinner back at your accommodation – the perfect chance to get to know your group better – then look out for glow worms on a special tour as darkness falls.
Day 2 - Mooloolaba and the Glass Mountains Get up early for an included guided bird watching session – a one hour flora and fauna guided walk – before breakfast, or choose to enjoy a sleep in if you’re not an early riser. Then make your way from the rainforest to the sea and take in the costal sights on the way to this afternoon's memorable experience. After you arrive in Mooloolaba you’ll have the opportunity to learn from and connect with the First Nations people of the area, the Gubbi Gubbi people, on a memorable two-hour cultural cruise. Make your way through the Mooloolaba canals and experience the life of the traditional owners who have called this place home for thousands of years. There will be storytelling and cultural demonstrations from your Indigenous guide as you make your way to sites of cultural significance, places for hunting and for gatherings, and places where the stories and songs of Dreamtime started. Look out for seabirds, dolphins and turtles as you snack on bush tucker inspired by the surrounding rainforest and ocean. Later, take a scenic drive though the Glass House Mountains, a colonial name for the peaks that jut out from the landscape and that are culturally significant for the land’s traditional owners – the Jinibara and Gubbi Gubbi people. Pass lakes, waterfalls and parklands full of kangaroo mobs. Arrive in Montville for the night and enjoy some time to explore this charming town.
Day 3 - Bunya Mountains & Kingaroy This morning make your way inland to the most westerly park of rainforest in southern Queensland, where forest-covered peaks shelter the world’s largest stand of ancient bunya pines. These trees can produce huge pinecones of up to 10 kilograms, and the nutritious seed inside are a famous part of Australian bush tucker. Make your way up steep, narrow and winding roads with amazing views to start a walk with a First Nations ranger. You're sure to hear more about the nutritional benefits of the bunya seed, rich in oils and carbohydrates, and the ‘Bunya Gatherings’, where Aboriginal groups from all over southeast Queensland came together in the shadow of the trees to reap the bunya harvest and exchange information, songs and stories. Head to Kingaroy and your accommodation for the night. Soak up the small town atmosphere, pick up some dinner, and grab a few nuts for dessert from the so-called "Peanut Capital of Australia".
Day 4 - Bunya Mountains & Kingaroy Explore more of the memorable mountains this morning on a guided scenic walk. Discover cool mountains, rainforests and waterfalls, unique range-top grasslands, panoramic views over the valley, colourful birdlife and the famous strangler fig. Then what better thing to accompany these kind of views than a glass of wine – enjoy a tasting at a local boutique winery afterwards. Later, enjoy a farewell dinner with the group and share your favourite stories from your last few days exploring the hinterland.
Day 5 - Toowoomba - Brisbane After breakfast this morning and some time at your leisure, make your way back to Brisbane via Toowoomba, stopping along the way for lunch a one of the cool cafes and to take one final hike up a stunning lookout at Table Top Mountain. Your escape to the hinterland of Queensland comes to an end back in Brisbane this afternoon.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 24 April 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans