Top End & Central Australia Explorer, 11 Days
Valid for select departures 16 - 30 September 2021
11 day tour departing Darwin to Uluru.
10 nights accommodation in a Hotel.
Breakfast daily, 3 dinners.
Services of a Tour Director.
Transport by coach.
Day 1 Darwin. Welcome to the Northern Territory Please schedule flights to arrive by 4pm in time for a welcome drink and meeting.
Day 2 Darwin to Kakadu National Park. Travel to Kakadu National Park where sightseeing includes a visit to Nourlangie Rock to see ancient art carvings. Then, participate in a bush foods discovery tour & tasting. This evening, enjoy a dinner featuring local delicacies and bush foods. Perhaps try some of the Northern Territories' famous Barramundi.
Day 3 Kakadu National Park. This morning, visit the Warradjan Cultural Centre to learn more about the local aboriginal people who have lived in the region for up to 50,000 years. Afterward, cruise the unspoilt waterways of the Yellow Water Billabong. Enjoy incredible scenery with the opportunity to spot water buffalo, crocodiles, and an abundance of bird species. The remainder of the day is at leisure. You may want to take an optional helicopter flight to see more of this vast park, take a walking tour to view Jim Jim Falls, Kakadu's biggest waterfall, or just relax with a cool drink at your resort's pool.
Day 4 Kakadu National Park to Nitmiluk National Park to Katherine. Visit Nitmiluk National Park and enjoy a walk to Edith Falls where there is time for a swim in this amazing setting. Arrive in Katherine where your evening is at leisure.
Day 5 Katharine to Mataranaka to Tennant Creek. Start your day with a dawn cruise through the dramatic Katherine Gorge. See dramatic cliffs, sandy beaches, and pristine wilderness. You'll have the chance to see wildlife including cockatoos, eagles, and wallabies plus learn the history and culture of the local indigenous people. Next, visit Mataranka Thermal Springs where you can relax and enjoy this tropical oasis. Later, make a stop for a long cool drink at the historic Daly Waters Pub. Hear stories about the pub's history, meet some of the friendly locals, and see the treasures left behind by visitors from around the world. Your evening is at leisure in the Northern Territory's "Heart of Gold", Tennant Creek.
Day 6 Tennant Creek to Devils Marbles to ALice Springs. Discover the iconic Devils Marbles, a collection of massive granite boulders. The boulders stand 6 metres high and were formed over millions of years. Enjoy a short walk and hear the ancient mythology of how the local aboriginal people believe them to be the fossilised eggs of the Rainbow Serpent. Before arriving at the hotel, make a stop at Alice Springs Brewing Co to sample some of their locally brewed craft beer. This evening is at leisure.
Day 7 Alice Springs. This morning, visit remarkable Standley Chasm, a geological and cultural icon. Explore the history of this land as well have the chance to walk "the Gap of Water," a striking geological formation with a local indigenous guide. Afterward, visit the Royal Flying Doctor Service to learn about the medical care required to service the Outback. Next, visit the School of the Air to see how educational services are provided in this remote region and then the Old Telegraph Station to discover how early settlers developed communications in this remote region. The remainder of the day is at leisure. You may wish to enjoy a bike hire and explore more on your own, browse the local art galleries and shops, try your luck at the casino, or relax by your resort's pool.
Day 8 Alice Springs to Kings Canyon. This morning, travel to majestic Kings Canyon. After a relaxed lunch, lace up your walking boots for the incredible Kings Canyon Creek Walk. Other walks are available as well as scenic helicopter and quad bike tours. Tonight, enjoy a refreshing drink as you watch the sunset.
Day 9 to Kings Canyon to Uluru. You may wish to rise early to join in the Kings Canyon Rim Walk. Enjoy amazing views and iconic sites such as the Garden of Eden, Priscilla's Crack, and the weathered domes of "the Lost City." Continue to Uluru and enjoy a locally guided tour at the base of the rock and visit the Mutitjulu waterhole. Discover aboriginal rock paintings and learn their stories and historic significance. This evening, witness the sunset at Uluru with nibbles and drinks.
Day 10 Uluru. For those that wish, choose to rise early and see the sunrise over Uluru. Later, enjoy a walk at Kata Tjuta, a geological splendour of some 36 brilliant domes. The afternoon is at leisure. You may want to take an optional scenic helicopter flight, see the sights on the back of a Harley-Davidson motorcycle, take part in a bush food experience, or participate in a walking tour. This evening, join your Tour Director for a festive farewell dinner.
Day 11 Uluru. Your holiday ends with breakfast this morning. You may also choose to extend your time in Uluru and explore more on your own. Extra nights are available for purchase.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 August 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Please be aware that during these evolving times of the COVID-19 pandemic all Hotels, Resorts and Tours advertised will be subject to availability and re-opening schedule changes.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans