The Magnificent North Island, 8 Days
Valid for select departures 8 May - 25 September 2021.
8 day tour departing Auckland to Wellington.
7 nights accommodation in a Hotel.
Breakfast daily, 2 lunches and 2 dinners.
Services of a Tour Director.
Transport by coach.
WAS $3679*, NOW $3495*, SAVE $184*.
FREE SafetyNet Protection included*: Enjoy more flexibility with your holiday and change or cancel without any fees Terms & Conditions apply.
Day 1 Auckland. Kia Ora and welcome to New Zealand Please schedule flights to arrive by 4pm in time for a welcome meeting and drink featuring New Zealand wines and spirits.
Day 2 Auckland. Take a short ferry ride to stunning Waiheke Island, home to beautiful beaches, boutique vineyards, and olive groves. Sightseeing includes tastings at a local vineyard, brewery and olive oil distillery. Lunch is served overlooking the vineyard at Stonyridge Winery. The remainder of the day is at leisure. Return to Auckland or you may also choose to explore more of Waiheke Island on your own. Your Tour Director will have suggestions for additional sightseeing, shopping, and dining.
Day 3 Auckland to Hot Water Beach to Coromandel Region. Start the day with a ride on New Zealand's steepest railway. Enjoy a captivating journey and be inspired by the story of one man's passion to bring art, conservation and engineering together to create the Driving Creek Railway. Afterward, visit the pottery studio of artist, Barry Brickell, for a demonstration. Next, experience the unique thermal mineral pools at Hot Water Beach. Here's your chance to relax and experience the natural phenomenon of creating your very own "hot tub" in the beach sand. Before arriving at your hotel, stop for a craft beer tasting at Hot Water Brewing Co. Dinner is at a local restaurant this evening.
Day 4 Coromandel Region to Rotorua to Taupo. Enjoy a walk at the Karangahake Gorge, take in the stunning views of the Waitawheta River and learn about the gold mining history of the area. Arrive in Rotorua and visit Te Puia to see bubbling mud pools, soaring geysers, and Maori craftwork. Be treated to a traditional Maori concert. Spend this evening just steps from the shores of beautiful Lake Taupo.
Day 5 Taupo to Napier. Start the day with a visit to a glass blowing studio where you'll witness a demonstration and have time to wander the sculpture garden. Next, enjoy a walk at Huka Falls, New Zealand's most visited natural attraction. In Napier, join a Local Guide for a tour of the city's famous art deco sites and learn how a tragic earthquake in 1931 resulted in Napier being one of the purest Art Deco cities in the world. Later, sample local specialties at Hawkes Bay Brewing Co and Mission Estate Winery, New Zealand's oldest winery and the birthplace of New Zealand wine. Your evening is at leisure.
Day 6 Napier. This morning, take a walk along the Ahuriri Estuary Boardwalk past Maori totems and the home of over 70 species of water birds. Afterward, enjoy high tea at a heritage cafe overlooking the spectacular Hawkes Bay. The remainder of your day is at leisure. You may wish to cycle or take a stroll on the Marine Parade, hike to Bluff Hill to enjoy panoramic views of the sea, take a swim at Sandy Bay, or hear the fascinating stories at the historic Napier Prison.
Day 7 Napier to Cape Kidnappers to Wellington. This morning, enjoy dramatic coastal views at Cape Kidnappers. Named by Captain Cook after an attempt by local Maori to abduct one of his crew, the cape is now home to the largest and most accessible mainland gannet colony in the world. Arrive in Wellington and enjoy an orientation tour of this capital city. Join your Tour Director for a celebratory progressive farewell dinner this evening. The perfect ending to your holiday.
Day 8 Wellington. Your holiday ends with breakfast this morning. You may also choose to extend your time in Wellington and explore more on your own. Extra nights are available for purchase.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 January 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Please be aware that during these evolving times of the COVID-19 pandemic all Hotels, Resorts and Tours advertised will be subject to availability and re-opening schedule changes.
- *SafetyNet Protection: Cancel your 2021 Globus or Cosmos Australia or New Zealand tour with no penalties up to 30 days prior to travel, or transfer your tour to another date with only 24 hours' notice. Free SafetyNet is only available on new bookings, cannot be added retrospectively or applied to a transferred booking credit.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.