Daintree Family Holiday
From 02/07/2021 to 28/09/2021
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Spend most of the day picking your jaw up off the floor as you explore the world’s oldest rainforest — including a private area that isn't open to the general public.
The kids will love spotting crocodiles during a wildlife cruise on Cooper Creek, with expert eyes on board to point out creatures hidden in the forest.
Take a guided walk along the pristine, rainforest-rimmed beach of Cape Tribulation, learning about the unique coastal wilderness that’s been home to the Kuku Yalanji people for thousands of years.
After warm days spent walking deserted beaches and rambling through the rainforest, relax in the comfort of your 4-star resort accommodation, complete with a swimming pool.
Breakfasts Included: 4.
Lunches Included: 2.
Dinners Included: 2.
Resort (4 nights).
Age: min 5.
Group Size: 4 - 16.
Port Douglas Orientation Tour.
Cairns - Barron Gorge lookout.
Port Douglas - Sunset River Cruise.
Kuranda - Kuranda Village visit.
Daintree Rainforest - Cooper Creek boat trip.
Cape Tribulation - Lookout & guided walk.
Daintree Rainforest - Guided nature walk.
Mossman Gorge - Guided rainforest walk.
Kuyu Kuyu - Kuku Yalanji First Nations experience.
Day 1 - Cairns - Kuranda - Port Douglas Welcome to Cairns! Your Family adventure begins with a welcome meeting at 11 am. With the formalities out of the way, it’s time to hit the road for Port Douglas, with a couple of stops en route to break up the journey. First up is Barron Gorge lookout that looks over a set of tumbling falls bursting from the rainforest. Spend some time ooh-ing and ah-ing at the lookout, then continue to the town of Kuranda. This little mountain village is the perfect place to grab a quick lunch (not included), before hitting the road again at around 2 pm. Settle back into the vehicle for an approximately 1.5-hour drive along the coast to Port Douglas. Take in views of cliffs covered in distinct native flora on one side and glittering blue ocean on the other, with some photo stops along the way. Arrive at the accommodation and spend a few hours settling in (maybe even having a swim in the resort pool!). We regroup for a sunset river cruise along the mangoes around Port Douglas. Sit back and relax as you take in Day 1. Back on land, head to a local restaurant where the kids can all bond over dinner and you can get to know your fellow parents over a meal and a few drinks, before returning to the resort for the evening.
Day 2 - Daintree Rainforest - Cape Tribulation - Port Douglas Grab breakfast and get ready in time to leave the resort at 8am, jumping on the ferry and crossing the river into the Daintree Rainforest. Meet up with a local family who live and breathe the rainforest, so much so that they hosted David Attenborough’s documentary crew when they were filming in the area. Spend some time learning from them about the forest, then continue exploring with a cruise along Cooper Creek. Your guide will help the kids (and big kids!) spot crocodiles, birds and other wildlife while you glide through the water. Stop for an included lunch at a beach cafe before you continue to Cape Tribulation. Take in views over the cape from a lookout, then head down to the beach for a guided walk and to learn about the region’s history. Return to the resort for the evening, where you can grab dinner at one of the restaurants within walking distance or choose to enjoy an optional al fresco dinner experience with Flames of the Forest.
Day 3 - Port Douglas Enjoy a day to explore this tropical paradise at your own pace. There are tonnes of family-friendly activities on offer today, so be sure to talk to your leader about your options when it comes to snorkelling, reef tours, and nature experiences. Your leader will also be on hand today to provide a transfer to Port Douglas town (and back) at 10 am and 6.30 pm if you want to spend the day exploring the town or grabbing dinner. If you’d prefer to move as little as possible, you could always just let the kids have a pool day, while you chill out nearby with a book.
Day 4 - Mossman Gorge - Kuyu Kuyu - Port Douglas Grab breakfast before leaving the resort at 8.00 am for a guided walk through the rainforest of Mossman Gorge. Work up an appetite on this gentle 1.5-hour hike, then have a snack (not included) before heading to Kuyu Kuyu (Cooya Beach) for an educational experience with a member of the local Kuku Yalanji community. Everyone will have a chance to learn how to throw a spear, which plants are edible and how Kuku Yalanji people live in harmony with the ever-shifting landscape. Enjoy lunch before returning to the resort in the early evening and enjoy a few free hours to relax. Grab dinner tonight with your group and toast to the beauty of the country around you.
Day 5 - Cairns Enjoy breakfast and time for one last swim before a 10 am departure for Cairns. We will make one drop-off stop at Cairns Airport and another at a central hotel in Cairns – before your tour begins please let your Intrepid representative or travel agent know which option your family would prefer.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 16 April 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans