Amazon, Incas & Titicaca - 13 Days
From 2024-03-09 to 2024-12-21
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Mar Sat 09 2024 to Mar Thu 21 2024Sold OutFrom$6,275*
Apr Sat 20 2024 to May Thu 02 2024Limited AvailabilityFrom$6,305*
May Sat 04 2024 to May Thu 16 2024AvailableFrom$6,595*
May Sat 18 2024 to May Thu 30 2024AvailableFrom$6,595*
Jun Sat 01 2024 to Jun Thu 13 2024AvailableFrom$6,595*
Jun Sat 29 2024 to Jul Thu 11 2024AvailableFrom$6,595*
Jul Sat 13 2024 to Jul Thu 25 2024AvailableFrom$6,595*
Jul Sat 27 2024 to Aug Thu 08 2024AvailableFrom$6,715*
Aug Sat 10 2024 to Aug Thu 22 2024AvailableFrom$6,595*
Aug Sat 24 2024 to Sep Thu 05 2024Limited AvailabilityFrom$6,275*
Sep Sat 07 2024 to Sep Thu 19 2024AvailableFrom$6,595*
Sep Sat 21 2024 to Oct Thu 03 2024AvailableFrom$6,595*
Oct Sat 05 2024 to Oct Thu 17 2024AvailableFrom$6,595*
Oct Sat 26 2024 to Nov Thu 07 2024AvailableFrom$6,275*
Nov Sat 16 2024 to Nov Thu 28 2024AvailableFrom$6,275*
Dec Sat 21 2024 to Jan Thu 02 2025AvailableFrom$6,495*
12 breakfasts, 4 lunches and 2 dinners.
11 nights 4 star hotels and jungle lodge, 1 night 3 star hotel in the Sacred Valley.
3 economy flights: Lima - Puerto Maldonado - Cusco and Juliaca - Lima.
Airport transfers on day 1 and day 7.
Guided tour of Lima, Cusco, the Sacred Valley, and Machu Picchu.
Excursions to the Amazon Jungle and Lake Titicaca.
Escorted by English-speaking local tour leader (in Peru for groups of 4 or more) and specialist local guides for included sightseeing.
Transfers and transportation in private air-conditioned vehicles and on a tourist bus from Cusco to Puno.
Expedition train to Machu Picchu.
Entrance fees and Cusco Tourist Ticket.
Day 4 starts with an excursion on the lodge 's private cocha. You'll be able to try your hand at some native fishing, one of the main techniques being the 'catch and release' method. Disembarking the boat we'll visit the remains of the old Fitzcarrald steamboat to learn about it's fascinating history. After this take a boat trip to Rolin, this river Island has an an abundant and interesting ecosystem. Exploring the island you can admire the vibrant vegetation, also be sure to keep an eye out for the birds who will be making their way back to land.2 breakfast, 2 lunch, 2 dinner included.Day 5-6, CuscoPuerto Maldonado - Cusco. This morning travel back to Puerto Maldonado before flying onwards to Cusco, after arriving into Cusco you'll have the chance to relax and adjust to the altitude. This beautiful city full of history and intrigue, is located 3,399m above sea level. On the morning of day 6 enjoy a guided tour of the highlights of the beautiful city of Cusco. Along the way we will visit some of the most famous landmarks of the city, starting at the Plaza de Armas, built on the remains of one of the most important Incan gathering spots. We'll also visit the Cathedral, the Kenko Amphitheatre and the impressive Sacsayhuaman Fortress. Built between 1438 and 1474, Sacsayhuaman Fortress took over 20,000 labourers to build and some of the magnificent stone work measures over 4 metres in height and over 100 tons in weight. The rest of the day is at leisure for you to do any independent exploring of Cusco.2 breakfast, no lunch, no dinner included.Day 7, Sacred ValleyCusco - The Sacred Valley. Bidding farewell to Cusco we travel on to the Sacred Valley today. Our first stop is the popular Pisac markets where we will have the chance to see the variety of colourful handicrafts on offer. Originally only held on Sundays, Pisac Market was a place for artisans from across the region to trade in their products. Today the market is a daily occurrence where locals and visitors alike can find some of the finest textiles, jewellery and clothing typical of this area of Peru. Then we travel on to the remarkable Ollantaytambo fortress which was constructed to guard the entrance to this part of the valley and protect it from possible invasions of tribes from the jungle lowlands. One of the best examples of Incan architecture, many of the inhabitants of Ollantaytambo still live according to the customs and traditions they have inherited from generations of ancestors, leading to it being known as a living Inca town.1 breakfast, no lunch, no dinner included.Day 8, Machu PicchuSacred Valley - Machu Picchu - Cusco. We have an exciting day ahead, starting with a short drive to the Ollantaytambo train station where we board the train for a scenic journey to Aguas Calientes. Remember to look out the windows as the scenery along the way is utterly breath-taking. In Aguas Calientes we board a bus which takes us along a winding path up the slopes of the great Machu Picchu mountain to the famous Inca citadel. The incredible lost city of the Incas is situated on a mountain ridge above the Urubamba River, surrounded by tropical forest. Completed in the latter half of 15th Century, archaeologists believe Machu Picchu was built as an estate for the Pachacuti, an Incan leader who reigned from 1438 to 1471. Built in the classical Inca style with polished dry-stone walls and terraces that seem to have been crafted naturally from the rock escarpments, Machu Picchu is a spectacular testament to the greatness of the Inca civilisation. Only a century after its completion however, the citadel was abandoned during the Spanish conquest and only thrust into the spotlight in 1911 when it was discovered by the American historian and explorer Hiram Bingham, who brought it to the world's attention. We explore Machu Picchu on a guided tour and then return to the spa town of Aguas Calientes where there's time to stroll around before travelling by train back to Cusco.1 breakfast, no lunch, no dinner included.Day 9, CuscoEnjoy a free day in Cusco to explore the city at your own pace. Alternatively you may wish to join one of the optional excursions on offer. Visit the local Andean market town of Chinchero on a half day tour. Chinchero has one of the most traditional markets in South America, and here you will find locals in colourful traditional dress, buying and selling their produce. Alternatively, for the fit and active, there's an optional full day excursion to Vinicunca, the [[Rainbow Mountain|131596]] (offered from March to November), with lunch included. After a scenic 2.5 hr drive through rugged mountain scenery, trek with a guide to the summit of Rainbow Mountain, with its striking bright stripes of mineral deposits.1 breakfast, no lunch, no dinner included.Day 10-11, Lake Titicaca (Peru)Cusco - Puno. After an early breakfast, we'll travel by bus to Puno (approx. 10 hr journey), passing by the lovely Wacarpay Lake, with spectacular views of the mountains reflected in its calm waters. Along the way we'll make a couple of stops, the first one being in Andahuaylillas to see the Church of San Pedro, which has been given the nickname the Sistine Chapel of the Americas. Moving along, we pass through herds of llamas and spectacular landscapes until we get to Ayaviri, an important livestock and textile centre. Here, we'll be able to lay eyes on the Temple of Kalasaya, remnants of a Pucara structure. After a stop for lunch at a countryside restaurant, we continue on to Puno, our base for the next two nights. The following day we take a boat trip on Lake Titicaca to see the remarkable floating islands of Uros. These unique islands are made of a certain type of reed called totora, which enables it to float, despite the weight of a civilisation upon it. We'll then move on to Taquile Island, where we can mingle with the Quechua-speaking locals and learn about their efficient and unique social system as well as their fine hand weaving techniques, passed down from generation to generation. Next we'll be invited into a local home for lunch to enjoy a delicious home cooked meal. After lunch we'll discover more of this remarkable island including some of the islands archaeological sites. Later this afternoon we return to Puno.2 breakfast, 2 lunch, no dinner included.Day 12, LimaPuno - Lima. Today we head to Juliaca Airport for our flight back to Lima, upon arrival in Lima we'll be met and transferred to our hotel. The rest of the day is at leisure for you to explore the beautiful Peruvian capital of Lima. Why not visit one of the many fantastic museums around the city, showcasing everything from pre-Colombian art to archaeological gems.1 breakfast, no lunch, no dinner included.Day 13, LimaToday our amazing tour through Peru comes to an end with a transfer to Lima airport. 1 breakfast, no lunch, no dinner included.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 05 March 2024 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans