Walk the Great Ocean Road
From 10/09/2021 to 03/12/2021
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Sep Fri 10 2021 to Sep Mon 13 2021AvailableFrom$1,625*
Sep Thu 30 2021 to Oct Sun 03 2021AvailableFrom$1,625*
Oct Fri 15 2021 to Oct Mon 18 2021AvailableFrom$1,625*
Nov Fri 12 2021 to Nov Mon 15 2021Limited AvailabilityFrom$1,625*
Nov Tue 30 2021 to Dec Fri 03 2021Limited AvailabilityFrom$1,625*
Visit the Cape Otway Lightstation, Australia’s oldest continuously operating lighthouse, with a local shipwreck historian.
Take an interpretive walk at Milanesia Beach with a local First Nations guide.
Walk on Castle Cove, a beautiful beach surrounded by towering cliffs where dinosaur fossils have been found.
Visit the world-famous Twelve Apostles and nearby Loch Ard Gorge.
This trip's not only good for you and the places you visit, it's also good for the planet, with a tree planted for every trip booked.
Breakfasts Included: 3.
Lunches Included: 3.
Dinners Included: 2.
Hotel (3 nights).
Age: min 16.
Group Size: 4 - 10.
Great Ocean Road - Walk with Local Shipwreck Historian.
Milenasia Beach - First Nations Guided Walk.
Day 1 - Melbourne - Apollo Bay Welcome to Melbourne! Today will begin bright and early. Once on the bus, you’ll have a chance to meet your fellow travellers and local leader at the travelling ‘Welcome Meeting’ as you make your way to Lorne, your first stop along the spectacular Great Ocean Road, to stretch your legs. From here you’ll continue to Maits Rest, a perfect lunch spot surrounded by an ancient rainforest with giant Myrtle Beech trees. After lunch, you’ll begin your first 11-kilometre walk starting from Blanket Bay. The track meanders along the cliff tops and through coastal forests – expect to see black wallabies, echidnas, black cockatoos, and rosellas. Continue along the beach (tide permitting) to see some of the shipwreck relics in this area until you reach the Cape Otway Lightstation. Built in 1848, it is Australia’s oldest continuously operating lighthouse and marks the entrance to Bass Strait. You’ll be joined by a local shipwreck historian who will share fascinating stories about the Lightstation’s history. You’ll be staying in Apollo Bay, so after checking in to your accommodation you’ll join the group for a welcome dinner at a local restaurant.
Day 2 - Cape Otway to Aire River & Castle Cove to Johanna Beach After breakfast at a local cafe you’ll begin your 17-kilometre walking day from Cape Otway to Johanna Beach. Walk past the pioneer cemetery and large sand dunes before reaching a narrow coastal path overlooking Station Beach, before descending to the beautiful Aire River estuary and surrounding wetlands. After stopping for a picnic lunch you’ll board the bus for a short drive to the start of your afternoon walk at Castle Cove. Castle Cove is a beautiful beach surrounded by towering cliffs where dinosaur fossils have been found! From here, the track winds its way along the cliff tops, through heathland and forests, occasionally emerging to give breath-taking and extensive views along the coast, before you emerge onto Johanna Beach. Tonight you will have a free night to explore the restaurants of Apollo Bay at your own leisure.
Day 3 - Milanesia Beach & The Gables to Port Campbell After breakfast at a local cafe you’ll be joined by a local First Nations guide for the start of another 17-kilometre walking day, beginning with an interpretive walk at Milanesia Beach. Isolated, rugged, and hidden, Milanesia Beach receives few visitors and is all the more special for it. From here the trail continues along the high sea cliffs to Ryans Den with breath-taking views all the way back to Cape Otway. After a picnic lunch, you’ll continue through coastal forests that lead to the evocatively named Moonlight Head. From Moonlight Head the track dips down into a valley and ends at The Gables Lookout, perched on one of the highest sea cliffs in mainland Australia. If you’re visiting around September, you may be lucky enough to see one of the departing Southern Right Whales which frequent this coast in the winter months. Tonight, you’ll be staying in Port Campbell and will have dinner at either a local pub or brewery.
Day 4 - Twelve Apostles to Melbourne This morning after breakfast at a local cafe you’ll set off for your final day of walking – a seven-and-a-half-kilometre walk starting above the bird-filled wetlands around Princetown. From here you’ll walk through to the Gellibrand River Estuary before embarking on the final leg of this journey into Port Campbell National Park, where the world-famous Twelve Apostles come into view. Tides permitting, you’ll descend Gibsons Steps to view two of the Apostles from sea level. Next, you’ll transfer to the Twelve Apostles Visitor Centre before heading to the spectacular Loch Ard Gorge and then back into Port Campbell where you can choose a lunch option that suits you. After lunch, you’ll head back to Melbourne (via a little chocolate treat stop!), arriving at approximately 5 pm when your trip comes to an end.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 July 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans