NATURALLY NEW ZEALAND WITH BAY OF ISLANDS
From 24/10/2021 to 22/12/2021
Breakfasts Included: 17.
Lunches Included: 3.
Dinners Included: 5.
Day 1 - ARRIVE IN QUEENSTOWN Welcome to the "Adventure Capital of the World!" Schedule flights to arrive by 4 pm in time for a welcome meeting and drinks featuring local New Zealand wines.
Day 2 - QUEENSTOWN. EXCURSION TO GLENORCHY GLENORCHY See the scenic locations from the Lord of the Rings trilogy, learn about Maori history, and enjoy morning tea. Explore the Mount Alfred Walking Track with a picnic lunch. QUEENSTOWN Remainder of the day at leisure. (B,L) ENHANCE YOUR FREE TIME in Queenstown with a ride on the Skyline Gondola, a scenic helicopter flight, or a fun bicycle tour through some of the region's magnificent scenery. These and many more options throughout your tour are available with MyAccount. Get local maps and tips for free time on your GlobusGO mobile app.
Day 3 - QUEENSTOWN - MILFORD SOUND Travel through lush rainforest to the West Coast. MILFORD SOUND Cruise in this famous sound (a UNESCO World Heritage Site) to view the stunning waterfalls, dramatic cliffs, and the chance to see New Zealand fur seals, dolphins, and Fiordland-crested penguins; special dinner onboard featuring local food and wine and perhaps share in some star-gazing. (B,D) (LF) Accommodation Spotlight: Spend the evening on the Milford Mariner and wake up in one of the most beautiful places on earth. The cruise is relaxing, allowing plenty of time to take in the fiord's spectacular scenery and wildlife. The ship features spacious viewing decks, a dining room, bar, observation lounge and all cabins feature private ensuites. It's the ultimate Milford Sound experience! NOTE: A carry-on bag is recommended for the overnight on the Milford Mariner. Make sure to pack non-slip walking shoes/boots, waterproof jacket, warm sweater or jacket, change of clothes, sunscreen, sunglasses, insect repellent, swimwear, camera, and cash/credit cards for the bar and snacks.
Day 4 - MILFORD SOUND - WANAKA MILFORD SOUND Morning cruise on the famous sound; sightseeing. WANAKA Tour and tasting at Cardrona Distillery. Remainder of the day at leisure in this resort town. (B)
Day 5 - WANAKA - HAAST PASS - FRANZ JOSEF WANAKA (LF) Visit a working deer farm in the New Zealand high country including morning tea. HAAST PASS Explore the area on the Kahikatea Swamp Forest Walk. FRANZ JOSEF Spend the next two nights at the foot of the amazing Franz Josef Glacier. Evening at leisure. (B)
Day 6 - FRANZ JOSEF FRANZ JOSEF Morning guided Glacier Valley Walk which follows the glacier's path of retreat in this remarkable landscape. Remainder of day at leisure to explore more on your own or take a kayak tour, scenic flight, visit the West Coast Wildlife Centre, or relax in the glacier hot pools. (B,L)
Day 7 - FRANZ JOSEF - GREYMOUTH - TRANZALPINE - CHRISTCHURCH FRANZ JOSEF Take part in a private jade carving demonstration with a traditional carver GREYMOUTH Time at leisure before boarding the legendary TranzAlpine, one of the world's great train journeys. CHRISTCHURCH Evening at leisure. (B)
Day 8 - CHRISTCHURCH CHRISTCHURCH (LF) Morning guided street art and coffee tour. Afternoon at leisure to explore on your own, stroll through the cities many gardens, enjoy a Punt on the River Avon, or visit the International Antarctic Centre. Tonight, enjoy a fun experience as you dine and travel the city's streets on the unique Tramway Restaurant. (B,D)
Day 9 - CHRISTCHURCH - KAIKOURA - BLENHEIM Drive along the picturesque coastal route to Kaikoura. KAIKOURA Enjoy a wildlife cruise with a chance to see spectacular scenery, local sea birds, dolphins, seals, and whales (seasonal). BLENHEIM Arrive in Blenheim where the remainder of the day is at leisure. (B)
Day 10 - BLENHEIM - INTERISLANDER FERRY - WELLINGTON BLENHEIM Visit the Omaka Aviation Heritage Centre home to filmmaker, Peter Jackson's, collection of World War I aircraft. Visit (LF) Wairau River Wines for a tasting and nibbles. INTERISLANDER FERRY Scenic crossing from the South Island to the North Island. WELLINGTON Progressive dinner featuring local New Zealand food and wine. (B,D)
Day 11 - WELLINGTON - LAKE TAUPO - ROTORUA LAKE TAUPO Take a scenic cruise to view the unique Maori Rock carvings. ROTORUA Evening is at leisure (B)
Day 12 - ROTORUA ROTORUA Walk among the towering forest on the Redwood Tree Walk. Afternoon at leisure. Later, visit Te Puia to see bubbling mud pools and stunning geysers. You'll also have the chance to learn more about New Zealand's nocturnal flightless bird, and see Maori craft work. Finish your visit with a traditional hangi dinner and Maori concert. (B,D) ENHANCE YOUR FREE TIME in Rotorua with some relaxation at the Polynesian Spa, discover Rotorua's Lakes district on a WW2 amphibious craft duck tour, or enjoy fantastic views from a scenic sightseeing flight. These and many more options throughout your tour are available with MyAccount. Get localmaps and tips for free time on your GlobusGO mobile app.
Day 13 - ROTORUA - WAITOMO - AUCKLAND WAITOMO Guided tour of the famous Ruakuri Glowworm Caves. AUCKLAND Join your Tour Director for a festive farewell dinner with stunning 360 degree views atop the iconic SkyCity. (B,D)
Day 14 - AUCKLAND - WAITANGI - PAIHIA Today, travel to the beautiful Bay of Islands region. WAITANGI Discover the cultural heritage of New Zealand at the Waitangi Treaty Grounds and enjoy a traditional Maori welcome. PAIHIA This evening is at leisure. (B)
Day 15 - PAIHIA. EXCURSION TO CAPE REINGA CAPE REINGA Explore the top tip of New Zealand where the Tasman Sea meets the Pacific. See the iconic lighthouse, visit Ninety Mile Beach, and experience sandboarding or digging for shellfish (conditions permitting). Lunch included at a local restaurant. PAIHIA The remainder of the day is at leisure. You can choose to take a stroll on the beach, enjoy fresh seafood at a waterside restaurant, or take a scenic flight to see more of the area. (B,L)
Day 16 - PAIHIA PAIHIA Embark on a sightseeing cruise to view the "Hole in the Rock," have a chance to see dolphins, penguins, and sea birds, and learn more about the rich history and culture of this region. The remainder of the day is at leisure. You may wish to spend more time on the water with a kayak or paddle board hire, browse the harbour shops, visit Haruru Falls, or take the Opua Forest Paihia Lookout Walk. (B)
Day 17 - PAIHIA - AUCKLAND This morning, return to Auckland. AUCKLAND The remainder of your day is at leisure. Your Globus Local Host will have suggestions for additional sightseeing, shopping, and dining. (B)
Day 18 - AUCKLAND Your holiday ends with breakfast this morning. (B)
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 25 January 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.