Flavours of Adelaide and the Barossa Valley - April 2021 – March 2022
From 28/01/2022 to 01/03/2022
you'll never have to worry about how much to give.
Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times.
If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Day 1 - Welcome to Adelaide Your Insight Vacations driver meets you at Adelaide Airport and transfers you to your hotel. Meet your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception at the rooftop bar to start your epic food and wine adventure. Adelaide, known for its progressive atmosphere, grew to be one of the most liveable places in the world and is hailed for its excellent gastronomical offerings. Effortlessly explore the city in a zero-emission eco-caddy with your Local Expert. Continue with a foodie journey at the Central Market and enjoy a guided four-course progressive dinner. Established in 1869, the market became the prime location for a wide range of multicultural cuisine and fresh produce and many of these stallholders' families have been trading at the market for generations. Roam among the stalls and enjoy a selection of dishes and wine that showcase the spectacular local produce.(Dinner)
Day 2 - The wines of the Barossa Valley This morning enjoy a relaxing breakfast and some free time to explore Adelaide at your own pace before meeting your group and leaving the city for a taste of the country. On arrival, you'll visit Provenance Barossa, home to Penfolds Cellar Door, Barossa Distilling Company, Ember Pizzas and Stein's Taphouse to name but a few. Here you'll have time to wander and to taste the local fare. After checking into your accommodation this afternoon, you'll visit Seppeltsfield winery for a private Village Discovery Tour. Experience an award-winning mix of wine, food, craft and design before dining at the homestead where Executive Events Chef Owen Andrews will connect you to the region through seasonal plates showcasing local, sustainable produce.(Breakfast / Dinner)
Day 3 - From the valley to the hills Start your day with an exclusive visit to national treasure, Maggie Beer's Farm and take part in a private cooking demonstration in the very studio where 'The Cook and the Chef' was filmed. There is time to taste and buy their products in the farm shop or just relax on their terrace overlooking the adjoining lake. Your next stop is at the stunning St Hugo Restaurant, where you will continue your epicurean experience with a Barossa-style, long-table dining experience. Your day begins with breakfast overlooking the glorious Jacob's Creek vineyards, then add some Maggie Beer's flair to your cooking, in the very studio where Maggie and Simon filmed the Cook and the Chef, at a private demonstration. Sample the many products at her farm shop. Be sure to save room for some relaxed Barossa style long-table dining. You'll be grazing on a delicious lunch at St Hugo in their Hugo Gramp room overlooking the glorious vineyard. Leaving the Barossa behind and heading through the picturesque Adelaide Hills before arriving at your accommodation in the main street of historic Hahndorf. This afternoon visit Udder Delights, a cellar door of another kind. Here you'll taste a selection of delicious handmade artisan cheeses such as Blue Cheese, Chevre and Camembert, all produced locally from the Hills district to the Fleurieu Peninsula.(Breakfast / Lunch with Wine)
Day 4 - Cheese and More Wine After breakfast and a chance to wander around the quaint shops of Hahndorf, our journey then takes us to the rich landscape of McLaren Vale and the quirky d'Arenberg Cube. This building was inspired by the complexities and puzzles of winemaking. Each of the five levels has been carefully designed to entice and excite the senses. Here, you'll be taken on a journey before arriving at the top floor for a tasting and 360-degree views of the vineyards and enjoy a delicious three-course lunch with wine at the stunning d'Arry's Verandah Restaurant. There will also be an opportunity for those interested to see the Salvador Dali exhibition. Our last stop will be at Gemtree tasting their biodynamic wines, a simple way of farming that enhances the soil and the taste. Heading back to Adelaide this afternoon, your evening is all yours to explore or relax at leisure.(Breakfast / Lunch)
Day 5 - Farewell Adelaide On your last day, explore Adelaide with Insight Choice. Join a Local Expert for a walking tour in the City of Churches and get to know the cultural heart of the North Terrace. Alternatively, visit the Cleland Wildlife Park and see native animals in their natural habitat including koalas recovering after the Kangaroo Island bushfires. Join your fellow travellers for your Celebration Lunch and toast the end of your foodie journey. Take your complimentary transfer to Adelaide Airport for your onward journey.(Breakfast / Lunch) Authentic Dining Adelaide: Join your Travel Director and fellow guests for a Welcome Reception at your hotel's rooftop bar. Adelaide: Enjoy a culinary journey at the Central Market in Adelaide with your guided four-course progressive dinner, with a glass of wine or refreshing gin. Established in 1869, the market became the prime location for a wide range of multicultural cuisine and fresh produce. Nuriootpa: Start your day with a visit to national treasure, Maggie Beer's Farm and take part in a private cooking demonstration in the very studio where 'The Cook and the Chef' was filmed. d'Arenberg Estate: Enjoy a specially prepared three-course lunch in this spectacular and iconic architectural wonder. The opportunity to dine at the estate is truly a rare and special one. The cube-shaped building consists of five levels, all carefully designed to entice and excite the senses. It includes features such as a wine sensory room, a virtual fermenter, a 360degree video room, and many other tactile experiences. Highlight Lunch: Come together with your fellow travellers and indulge in a Celebration Lunch, toasting your adventures taken and memories made. Insight Choice Insight Choice: Choose between a walking tour with a Local Expert through Adelaide, the City of Churches. Alternatively, visit Cleland Wildlife Park to see native animals, including koalas, in their natural habitat recovering after the Kangaroo Island bushfires. Insight Experiences Seppeltsfield Estate: Visit one of Australia's oldest wineries, founded in 1851 by Joseph Ernst Seppelt, well known for its signature wine, the 100-year-old Para Tawny. Upon arrival take a private tour with a Local Expert and discover a vibrant Barossa community of wine, food, art and beauty. Make Travel Matter Make Travel Matter: Visit Cleland Wildlife Park to see native animals, including koalas, in their natural habitat recovering after the Kangaroo Island bushfires. Tasting Handorf: Visit leading artisan cheesemakers at Udder Delights for a delicious tasting. McLaren Vale: Sample wines at the Gemtree vineyard where locals Melissa and Mike have successfully implemented sustainability and biodynamics in their day-to-day practices. Top Rated Highlights Adelaide: Effortlessly explore the city in a zero-emission eco-caddy with your Local Expert.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 23 September 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans