Argentina, Rio & Sao Paulo
Day 1 - Rio de Janeiro Samba on down to Rio, famous for its dramatic landscape and beach culture, easy going except for the four days of frenetic, feather-festooned Carnaval. From the summits of Sugarloaf and Corcovado, take in breathtaking views of a magnificent bay set against a mountain backdrop. Check out the activity at one or two of the 23 beaches, crowded with sunbathers and swimmers, and also populated by surfers, bikers, and the girl from Ipanema. Pull up a chair at a Churrascaria, and dine on the delicious grilled meat of your choice, washed down with a Caipirinha, the national cocktail.
Day 2 - Buzios Up until the 1960's, few outside the confines of this charming fishing village on the Costa del Sol even knew of its existence. That all changed when a young starlet named Brigitte Bardot found Buzios' white-sand beaches and tepid clear waters too good to keep to herself. While retaining its pre-'60s charm, Buzios has evolved into a respectable fashion destination. Shopping along the Rua des Pedros is always rewarding.
Day 3 - Ilhabela Venture just a few hours from Sao Paulo and you’ll find the paradise of Ilhabela, Brazil, a hidden gem well worthy of a stop on a South America cruise for its dramatic rainforests, top-notch beaches, and notoriously Brazilian energy. Ilhabela literally means “beautiful island,” and living up to the name comes easy to this region. There are nearly 40 beaches in the area, so your biggest task while on a cruise to Ilhabela will simply be deciding which ones to prioritize. Other than that, pure relaxation awaits in this tropical haven. Ilhabela is the largest island in Brazil, and it attracts a variety of international visitors for its premier snorkeling, swimming, diving, and sailing. While many of the top things to do on Ilhabela cruises will center around nature and its many beaches, it’s also a town that stays out late and welcomes a new day in style. Ilhabela offers an unforgettable experience for travelers, whether you stay close to port, venture to a secluded beach, or go scuba diving among shipwrecks.
Day 4 - Santos (Sao Paulo) Home to 17 million people and spanning over 3,000 square miles, São Paulo is the third-largest city in the world. The warm climate and red clay soil surrounding the city are perfect for growing coffee. And with the arrival of the railway in 1867, large-scale cultivation took hold. Today, São Paulo is one of the largest coffee exporters in the world. As the coffee industry grew, so did the need for labor. São Paulo was one of the first cities in Brazil to actively encourage immigration. It has evolved into an exciting melting pot of cultures.
Day 5 - At sea
Day 6 - At sea
Day 7 - Punta del Este If South America had purposely created a place to compete with the Riviera, this would be it. Leisurely browse through the chic shops and galleries of Calle Gorlero, or spend a relaxing afternoon people watching from a beachside café while the assorted sun lovers and jet setters around you enjoy one of the continent’s most storied playgrounds.
Day 8 - Montevideo Montevideo is a thoroughly modern city with a rich artistic tradition, the reach of the rural estancias is all around you. If ever there were a time you were inclined to indulge, delicious steaks are the specialty of the house in virtually every restaurant.
Day 9 - Buenos Aires If only one word could be used to describe this vibrant and richly cosmopolitan city, it would be "mosaic." Stroll along these broad thoroughfares, like the Plaza de Mayo, where famed first lady Evita Perón led fervent crowds to petition for her husband’s release from prison, or visit Pirámide de Mayo, the oldest of the city’s many national monuments.
Day 10 - Buenos Aires If only one word could be used to describe this vibrant and richly cosmopolitan city, it would be "mosaic." Stroll along these broad thoroughfares, like the Plaza de Mayo, where famed first lady Evita Perón led fervent crowds to petition for her husband’s release from prison, or visit Pirámide de Mayo, the oldest of the city’s many national monuments.
The above information has been obtained from the relevant suppliers and should be considered an indicative guide only as to the prices that may be available for these products. Flight Centre cannot guarantee that any particular product will still be available at the following prices, or for your exact dates of travel. At the time of making your booking, prices may differ to that price displayed on this website. Please contact a Flight Centre travel consultant to obtain the latest up to date information regarding applicable prices, fees and charges, taxes, availability, any blackout dates (such as school holidays), seasonal surcharges and other terms and conditions which may apply.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 08 December 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.