Western Australia's Wine, Nature & Rail Trail
The accommodationMargaret River 3 nights accommodation at the 4.5-star Eight Willows Retreat in a 1 Bedroom King Chalet. Perth 2 nights accommodation at the 4.5-star Peppers Kings Square in a Peppers King Room Indian Pacific 3 nights accommodation onboard the Indian Pacific, Gold Service, Twin Cabin from Perth to Sydney. Western Australia's Wine, Nature & Rail Trail. Day 1 -2 Perth to Margaret River (274 km)
This morning pick up your car and make your way to Margaret River. Stop at many of the wineries, breweries and gourmet providore stores dotted along the way. The region has over 100 wineries producing top drops, such as cabernet sauvignon, chardonnay, and sauvignon blanc, and plenty of breweries and distilleries to quench your thirst. Take a stroll along high street in Margaret River town and browse the boutique stores, sample tasty delights at any of the providore stores, or dine at any of the cafes or restaurants. You may like to pack a picnic with local produce you have gathered and head down to the river or ocean to enjoy the views.
Stay 3 nights in Margaret RiverDay 3 Margaret River
Today travel beyond the Cellar Door with an immersive exploration of Voyager Estates craft and terroir. You are invited to experience this special patch of land in Margaret River, from the rich soils of Voyagers vineyards to the wine ageing in oak in the cellar and beyond.
Your adventure begins with a guided walk through the Estate vineyards learning about organic farming methods, unique microclimate and maritime influence, all essential to the distinctive Voyager Estate style. From here you will visit the Winery, tasting wine straight from the barrel and gaining an insight into the philosophy that drives the winemaking craft. Once you've have seen where the wine comes from, its time to return to the Cellar Door, where you'll be guided through a selection of celebrated Margaret River varietals. At the end of this experience you move into the Top-5 WA Rated Restaurant for a 7-course wine-paired lunch. Created by Head Chef, Santiago Fernandez and his team, each dish is inspired by the wines while celebrating pristine local produce. The 7-course Discovery menu is the signature menu showcasing the best in food and wine pairing. Included is wine paired to each course.Day 4 Margaret River to Perth (274 km)
Enjoy a leisurely drive back to Perth and plan a rest stop in any of the coastal towns of Busselton, Bunbury or Mandurah. Perth is Australia's sunniest capital, where white sandy beaches and raw natural beauty meets the city streets which are filled with curated street art, small bars, and innovative restaurants. Take a stroll along Kings Park and Botanic Garden, one of the biggest city parks in the world, with views of the Swan and Canning rivers, and the spire-like skyscrapers perched on their river banks.
Perth is Australia's sunniest capital, where white sandy beaches and raw natural beauty meets the city streets which are filled with curated street art, small bars, and innovative restaurants. Take a stroll along Kings Park and Botanic Garden, one of the biggest city parks in the world, with views of the Swan and Canning rivers, and the spire-like skyscrapers perched on their river banks.
Stay 2 nights in PerthDay 5 Perth to Rottnest Island
Today enjoy a tour out to Rottnest Island The Rottnest Grand Island Tour is the most comprehensive guided tour of the island allowing you to explore the stunning beauty of this A-Class nature reserve doing a guided bus and train tour, taking in the amazing fauna and flora of the island, stunning beaches, woodlands and incredible salt lakes commencing with a unique historic train ride. This 4 hour all inclusive Island tour takes in all of Rottnest's must see locations featuring the Wadjemup Lighthouse, Henrietta Rocks, Oliver Hill Gun Fortification and Tunnels and the majestic look-out point at the rugged Cathedral Rocks and Cape Vlamingh. All major habitats are covered on this amazing tour, including Rottnest's cultural and historical heritage ranging from Maritime and Military history right up to future developments.Day 6 Perth to Kalgoorlie (Indian Pacific)
Return your rental car this morning then your journey from the Indian Ocean to the Pacific Ocean begins as you pull away from the platform in Perth mid-morning. Settle into your comfortable cabin and get to know the creature comforts of life onboard. Enjoy a modern Australian lunch as you glide through the picturesque rolling hills of the Avon Valley. After a relaxing afternoon onboard, enjoy a three-course dinner prior to your late evening arrival in the wild west township of Kalgoorlie.Day 7 Kalgoorlie to Nullabor Plain (Indian Pacific)
Awake to the spectacular expanse of the Nullarbor Plain to watch the sunrise. Be captivated by the big blue skies and ancient stillness of the desert landscape, broken only by a mob of friendly kangaroos. Waiting ahead is the charm of the once-thriving Nullarbor railway community - now ghost town - of Cook. Sit back and relax as the train continues its trek across the longest single stretch of railway in the world. Another mouth-watering dinner is followed by relaxed conversation in the lounge before a restful night's sleep.Day 8 Nullabor Plain to Adelaide (Indian Pacific)
On arrival in elegant Adelaide, you have the choice of a walking tour (seasonal), a behind-the-scenes tour of the world famous Adelaide Oval, or a coach tour of the city sights. This evening you'll enjoy a stop at Broken Hill, Australia's silver capital and home to a unique artistic community.Day 9 Adelaide to Sydney (Indian Pacific)
Wake in the picturesque Blue Mountains. See the majestic Three Sisters at Echo Point and the views at Jamison Valley before completing your journey on our chartered NSW rail service (fully hosted by our staff) into Sydney Central Station. Alternatively, stay onboard the Indian Pacific to travel directly to Sydney.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 January 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- This is an Advance purchasefare: Bookings must be made at least 6 months in advance. 100% cancellation fee applies 14 days after booking date. Amendments are allowed up to 45 days prior to departure to purchase another Advance Purchase fare more than 6 months prior to depature.
- Please be aware that during these evolving times of the COVID-19 pandemic all Hotels, Resorts and Tours advertised will be subject to availability and re-opening schedule changes.
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.