Walk the East Coast of Tasmania
From 23/10/2021 to 16/12/2022
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Oct Sat 23 2021 to Oct Tue 26 2021AvailableFrom$1,800*
Nov Sun 07 2021 to Nov Wed 10 2021AvailableFrom$1,800*
Dec Tue 07 2021 to Dec Fri 10 2021AvailableFrom$1,855*
Jan Sun 02 2022 to Jan Wed 05 2022AvailableFrom$1,910*
Jan Tue 18 2022 to Jan Fri 21 2022AvailableFrom$1,910*
Feb Thu 03 2022 to Feb Sun 06 2022AvailableFrom$1,855*
Feb Sun 20 2022 to Feb Wed 23 2022AvailableFrom$1,855*
Mar Sun 27 2022 to Mar Wed 30 2022AvailableFrom$1,855*
Apr Mon 11 2022 to Apr Thu 14 2022AvailableFrom$1,855*
Navigate the scenic Cape Freycinet isthmus on foot, marvelling at the white sands of the famous Wineglass Bay, and discovering lesser known beaches and coves along the way.
Ferry to the acclaimed Maria Island, and embark on two looped hikes to some of the region’s most incredible cliffs and coastal views.
Full of settler history, consider hiring a bike to discover more of the island.
Keep an eye out for swooping sea birds and Australian animals like kangaroos and wombats as you walk.
Plus, depending on the time of the year, you could spot a breaching whale from these promontories!.
Breakfasts Included: 2.
Lunches Included: 1.
Dinners Included: 2.
Hotel (3 nights).
Age: min 15.
Group Size: 1 - 12.
Day 1 - Hobart – Orford Welcome to Hobart! Be ready bright and early at the Hobart Travelodge at 7.45 am, for an 8 am departure. On your way to the first hike, stop quickly in Sorrell to grab yourself some lunch, then arrive at the Cape Huay walk. Head along a section of the Tasman Peninsula, with spectacular views greeting you along the way. Part of the Three Capes Track, walk through heathland full of wildflowers on undulating tracks until you hit the coastline. The scenes of dolerite cliffs get more and more pronounced as you near the narrow edge of the promontory – it’s seriously incredible viewing. Stop by a number of vantage points to soak in the best of The Lanterns, Mitre Rock, The Candlestick and Totem Pole – the perfect walk to begin your adventure. After returning to your private vehicle, drive to Orford (approximately 1 hour 45 minutes). Spend the evening in this sleepy coastal town, with a delicious two-course meal included for you and your group to enjoy.
Day 2 - Maria Island – Swansea After breakfast, jump on a ferry bound for Maria Island (approximately 45 minutes). A natural wonder full of history, sweeping bays and rugged cliffs sitting off the coast of Tasmania, Maria Island is an ideal destination for hiking. You’ll be tackling two trails of the island – Fossil Cliffs and Painted Cliffs loop walks. Starting from where the ferry dropped you in Darlington, head north past silo ruins and cement works towards the Convict Barn, full of early farming artefacts. Continue across coastal plains, past other reminders of settler history, along a track that often has forester kangaroos and wombats lurking about. Climb the short steep track to Fossil Cliffs and marvel at the thousands of shellfish fossils embedded in the limestone, formed millions of years ago. Today you will have the option skip one of the two hikes to hire a bike for an hour or so to check out more of the island. Enjoy your own lunch that you brought with you during the day, then ferry back to the mainland and drive to the quaint coastal town of Swansea (approximately 45 minutes). After a busy day of walking, perhaps take a quiet stroll along the foreshore, stock up on supplies and join your leader for some dinner in town.
Day 3 - Freycinet National Park/Wineglass Bay – Launceston This morning, you’re in for a treat. Take a 1-hour drive to Freycinet National Park – one of Australia’s most renowned and picturesque regions. As you enter the park, the views over Coles Bay towards what’s known as The Hazard Range is a sight to behold. On arrival, lace up your walking shoes for a scenic 11.5-kilometre circuit walk which takes you to the iconic white sands of Wineglass Bay, and also a lesser-known but no less stunning Hazards Beach on the opposite site of the Cape Freycinet isthmus. Best to have your camera at full charge today, because the vistas are out of this world. Afterwards, drive towards Tasmania’s central hub, Launceston, taking around 2.5 hours. Once arrived and checked in, join your group and local leader for a celebratory dinner at the well-known Hotel Grand Chancellor. Included will be a two-course meal for you all, so toast to the sights and sounds of the East Coast.
Day 4 - Launceston With no activities planned for today, you are free to depart the accommodation at any time. That doesn’t mean your Tasmanian adventure has to finish just yet! If you would like to explore Launceston and surrounds more, we’ll be happy to organise additional accommodation (subject to availability).
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 22 September 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans