Ireland: Ring of Kerry & Dingle Peninsula
From 01/07/2021 to 19/09/2022
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Jul Thu 01 2021 to Jul Mon 05 2021AvailableFrom$2,495*
Jul Thu 15 2021 to Jul Mon 19 2021AvailableFrom$2,495*
Jul Thu 29 2021 to Aug Mon 02 2021AvailableFrom$2,495*
Aug Thu 12 2021 to Aug Mon 16 2021AvailableFrom$2,495*
Aug Thu 26 2021 to Aug Mon 30 2021AvailableFrom$2,495*
Sep Thu 09 2021 to Sep Mon 13 2021AvailableFrom$2,495*
Sep Thu 23 2021 to Sep Mon 27 2021AvailableFrom$2,495*
Explore the rugged coast of the Ring of Kerry and Dingle Peninsula, with plenty of time spent walking by the clifftops and stopping at scenic viewpoints.
This is the best of Europe’s most westerly reaches.
Gain an insight into the O’Donoghue clan and historical significance of the Killarney region with an included private visit to Ross Castle, situated on the banks of Lough Leane.
Be treated to a traditional Gaelic experience, joining with a custodian of Sean-nós singing in Dingle town.
They will explain the importance of their music and show you their craft, sung in the Irish language.
Meet with a seaweed expert on your way to the Dingle Peninsula, taking a walk along the beach and discovering the region’s history, as well as the importance of seaweed foraging.
Seaweed-based snacks included!.
An Irish adventure wouldn’t be complete without some hearty pub visits.
Enjoy an included meal at a traditional pub in Killarney.
You'll have plenty of time to keep exploring – or eating – at your own pace.
Breakfasts Included: 4.
Dinners Included: 1.
Comfortable Hotel (4 nights).
Train,Public bus,Private vehicle,Taxi,On foot.
Age: min 15.
Group Size: 1 - 12.
Killarney - Leader-led Orientation Walk.
Killarney - Welcome Dinner at Local Pub.
Killarney - Whiskey Tasting Session with your Leader.
Killarney - Private Visit to Ross Castle with Local Guide.
Dingle - Sean-Nos Singing Experience.
Ring of Kerry - Seaweed Foraging Experience & Snacks.
Ring of Kerry - Day Trip.
Dingle Peninsula - Gallarus Oratory Visit.
Dingle Peninsula - Blasket Centre Visit.
Dingle Peninsula - Day Trip.
Dingle Peninsula - Slea Head Hike.
Day 1 - Dublin / Killarney Welcome to Dublin! Meet your leader and fellow adventurers at Heuston Station – check the ‘Joining Point Instructions’ of your Essential Trip Information for further details. After a quick meet and greet, board a train for the 3.5-hour journey to Killarney. Be sure to keep an eye on the changing landscapes outside your seat window – soon enough, the pastoral hills and rolling midlands will be swapped with dramatic mountain scenes. On arrival in Killarney, drop your bags at the accommodation, and then head out and about on a leader-led orientation walk. You’ll stroll down Killarney’s colourful streets and notice how scenic the backdrop of the town is, hugging the edge of a nearby national park. This evening, join together with your group for an included welcome dinner, plus a whiskey tasting led by your leader. Cheers!
Day 2 - Killarney This morning, join your travel crew for a private visit to Ross Castle, down on the shores of Lough Leane. A stronghold built by the O’Donoghue clan, this tower house has borne witness to much of Ireland’s history over the centuries. Learn about the history surrounding the castle from your local guide, providing you much-needed context for the rest of your trip. Afterwards, Killarney is all yours to explore. Perhaps you can go take a look at the 15th-century Muckross Abbey, or otherwise, book yourself in on a tour of the nearby lakes. If chilling out is on the cards, there are plenty of local cafes and shops to explore in town. It’s all up to you, but be sure to ask you leader for their recommendations.
Day 3 - Ring of Kerry / Dingle After breakfast, depart Killarney by private vehicle towards the Iveragh Peninsula, more commonly known as The Ring of Kerry. Along the way, meet a local seaweed forager on a golden-sand beach off the tourist trail. Take a walk and not only learn about the importance of seaweed, but also all about the region’s coastline and some local lore. You'll also have the opportunity to try a range of seaweed-based snacks. Keep driving down the coastline and through the countryside, stopping regularly along the way, before reaching Dingle town. On arrival, you’ll meet a Sean-nós singer – a unique style of singing in Ireland. They will introduce you to their ancient craft and this Gaelic-speaking region.
Day 4 - Dingle Peninsula / Dingle Today’s destination is Slea Head – Europe’s westernmost point, but on your way, you’ll stop at the Blasket Centre. Here, learn of the region’s remote island cultures and surprising literary heritage. Located impressively perched amid rolling hills and overlooking the ocean, leave the centre and take a short hike along the coast to admire the best of Dingle scenery. You’ll trot along country lanes and past beaches and cliffs, so be sure to keep an eye out for nesting seabirds, seals and maybe even dolphins! After lunch, explore parts of Slea Head a little further, stopping by the Gallarus Oratory – an early Christian Church of unknown age and origin. It’s also home to a selection of local pottery. This evening, return to Dingle town and celebrate your time in Kerry with a hearty feed at a cosy pub and a traditional music performance.
Day 5 - Dingle / Tralee After breakfast, head to the nearby centre of Tralee on a public bus, where you’ll disembark at the bus terminal and adjacent railway station. Once arrived, there are no activities planned so you are free to continue your adventure as you please. From Tralee, there are regular train services to Dublin or Killarney, plus buses to Dublin and Shannon airports. Otherwise, you might like to spend a night or two more on Ireland’s southwest coast. If so, we’ll be happy to organise additional accommodation (subject to availability).
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 13 May 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans