New Caledonia Adventure
From 07/04/2024 to 28/11/2025
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Apr Sun 07 2024 to Apr Fri 12 2024Limited AvailabilityFrom$3,665*
May Sun 19 2024 to May Fri 24 2024AvailableFrom$3,810*
Jul Sun 14 2024 to Jul Fri 19 2024AvailableFrom$3,955*
Aug Sun 18 2024 to Aug Fri 23 2024AvailableFrom$3,955*
Sep Sun 15 2024 to Sep Fri 20 2024AvailableFrom$3,810*
Nov Sun 17 2024 to Nov Fri 22 2024AvailableFrom$3,810*
With a maximum group size of only eight people, you'll have the opportunity to have a real personal experience of this often visited (but seldom truly explored) destination.
Visit a remote tribal village in the New Caledonian foothills and see : 5.
Lunches Included: 4.
Dinners Included: 2.
Hotel (3 nights),Fare (1 night),Bungalow (1 night).
Age: min 15.
Group Size: 1 - 8.
Blue River National Park - Guided eco tour & picnic.
Boulouparis - Boat trip to Ténia Islet & picnic lunch.
Moindou - Fort Teremba.
Bourail - Turtle Bay & Nera Beach.
Bourail - Poe Beach.
Kanak Village - Cultural experience & traditional dinner.
Farino - Giant Fern Park guided rainforest tour.
Kanak Village - Waterfall walk & traditional lunch.
1 - Noumea Bonjour! Welcome to the laidback shores of Noumea, New Caledonia. There are no activities planned for today except for your welcome meeting at 6 pm tonight. If you arrive early, you can explore New Caledonia's main city - maybe visit the Tjibaou Cultural Centre, Museum of World War II or St Joseph's Roman Catholic Cathedral. The market at Port Moselle is a great place to go people-watching, as well as see all the tropical produce, seafood and souvenirs on offer.
2 - Blue River National Park - Noumea After breakfast, join your small group on a drive into the secluded Blue River National Park. This spectacular slice of nature in New Caledonia's centre is a sanctuary of local flora, wildlife and biodiversity. Deep red earth contrasts with striking green mountainscapes and lakes in this provincial park, which is approximately 9000 hectares of untouched national land. Head deep in the park on foot and in a 4WD, stopping by the Guepyville and Drowned Forest lookouts across the wooden Perignon Bridge and along the Cagou Birds Trail, hopefully spotting iconic Caledonian birdlife. Find a scenic spot by the riverside and enjoy an included French-style picnic provided by your guides. Continue into the rainforest through the Giant Kaori trees dotted through the canopies, looking out for the cagou birds high above and then maybe stop for a refreshing swim. Later, return to Noumea for a free evening.
3 - Boulouparis - Tenia Islet - Bourail Today, leave Noumea behind and drive to Boulouparis. When you arrive, hop on a boat with your group for about 30 minutes to the natural marine reserve of Tenia Islet. From here, you can choose to go on a self-guided snorkelling adventure with the colourful fish or, alternatively, head out on an island walk. When you've had your fill of activities, sit down for a picnic lunch with your leader before heading back to Boulouparis. Drive to Bourail, where you'll spend the night, stopping at Fort Teremba on the way - this old prison once housed convicts in the 1880s. Your night is free in Bourail, so maybe ask your leader where the best local eats are.
4 - Bourail - Giant Fern Park - Kanak Village This morning after breakfast, you'll head out to see some of the highlights of the seaside, including Turtle Bay and Nera Beach. Go on a few short walks and lap up the gorgeous ocean scenery. Head to the picturesque Poe Beach - a UNESCO World Heritage site - for lunch with a view. The beach is only 2 km away from the barrier reef, so this is a gorgeous spot for a swim, too! After, you'll visit the Parc des Grandes Fougeres, or Giant Fern Park, for a guided walk deep in the lush rainforests. Your local guide will take you through parts of this World Heritage-listed site, featuring around 13,000 species of fern, 70% of which are endemic. Later this afternoon, head to a remote Kanak Village for a memorable night with local villagers. Deep in the foothills of New Caledonia's mountain range, these villages are a haven for nature lovers. You'll be welcomed into tribal culture, learning about the customs and traditions of the local people. Tonight, you'll stay in simple dormitory-style accommodation in a fare (village house) and be treated to the traditional dish bougna for dinner.
5 - Kanak Village - Boulouparis - Noumea This morning, you'll have breakfast with the group and then head out on a walk to a local waterfall. When you return to the village, take some time to learn about daily life here - Kanak communities across New Caledonia comprise around 44% of the island population and share significant connections to spirituality and the land. You'll sit down with your hosts for a homemade lunch of local, organic food, which is a great chance to swap stories. Later, say goodbye to your hosts and return to Boulouparis, then on to Noumea for your final night.
6 - Noumea With no activities planned for today, you're free to leave the group after breakfast this morning. That doesn't mean your adventure has to come to an end! If you would like to spend more time in Noumea, just speak to your booking agent to organise additional accommodation.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 01 March 2024 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans