Alaska Summer Family Holiday
From 03/07/2021 to 27/08/2021
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Jul Sat 03 2021 to Jul Fri 09 2021AvailableFrom$5,730*
Jul Sat 17 2021 to Jul Fri 23 2021AvailableFrom$5,730*
Aug Sat 07 2021 to Aug Fri 13 2021AvailableFrom$5,730*
Aug Sat 14 2021 to Aug Fri 20 2021AvailableFrom$5,730*
Aug Sat 21 2021 to Aug Fri 27 2021AvailableFrom$5,730*
Walk through life-sized village displays and learn of the rich First Nations cultures and communities of Alaska with an included visit to the Alaska Native Heritage Center in Anchorage.
Spend the day cruising past icy calving glaciers, rugged clifftops and an array of wildlife – including sea otters, puffins and maybe even whales – on a catamaran experience in the Kenai Fjords National Park.
Learn breakfast together, and in both Anchorage and Seward, have the time to explore at your own family’s pace with plenty of built in leisure time.
Breakfasts Included: 6.
Lunches Included: 1.
Dinners Included: 1.
Hotels (6 nights).
Age: min 5.
Group Size: 4 - 10.
Anchorage- Alaska Native Heritage Center.
Anchorage - Ship Creek.
Anchorage - Earthquake Park and Point Woronzof.
Turnagain Arm - Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center.
Seward - Kenai Fjords Tour.
Seward - Exit Glacier.
Dog sledding tour.
Girdwood - Begich Boggs Visitor Centre.
Day 1 - Anchorage Welcome to Anchorage – Alaska’s largest centre and main city. Set on Cook Inlet, this acts as the starting point of your summer family adventure. There isn’t anything planned today until a group welcome meeting at 5 pm, so you are free to arrive at any time today. After this all-important briefing where you’ll meet your group leader and fellow travelling families, keep the introductions going as you head out together for an included dinner!
Day 2 - Anchorage After breakfast together, it’s time to go learn about all things Alaska. First off, visit Earthquake Park and Point Woronzof, where you can take in the stunning views of Anchorage’s skyline as well as the Chugach Mountains and Cook Inlet. Shameless family selfie time – check! Continue on in your private vehicle to historic Ship Creek – an area of where Anchorage was first settled in 1911 as a tent city. Nearby, find a salmon stream where keen anglers often catch some fish on their lunch breaks. Here, you’ll also see the Anchorage Rail Terminal, home to the historic Alaska Railroad. This afternoon, visit the Alaska Native Heritage Center – an interactive range of exhibitions, educating travellers about the traditional owners and First Nations peoples of this territory and beyond. Walk through six life-sized village sites dotted around the grounds – representing Alaskan territories such as the Athabascan, Inupiaq and Yup’ik/Cup’ik communities – and perhaps head into the Hall of Cultures, which displays works from Alaska Native artists. Plus, the kids will be entertained with some craft activities on offer! Once you’ve completed your visit, join your leader as they take you back to your accommodation. Tonight is free for your family to explore and eat at your leisure, perhaps taking a stroll downtown.
Day 3 - Anchorage – Seward Today’s destination is the town of Seward – the gateway of the original Iditarod Trail to interior Alaska. Scenic stops along the way will be made. We will visit to the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center, AWCC takes in injured and orphaned animals year-round, providing spacious enclosures and quality animal care. Here you can view and photograph up close Alaska's iconic animals. On arrival in Seward, check into your hotel and have the afternoon and evening at your leisure. Your leader will be able to provide recommendations on what to do and where you could eat, so be sure to ask them!
Day 4 - Seward After breakfast, embark on a 6-hour scenic cruise deep from Seward scaling the edge of the Kenai Fjords National Park. The Kenai Peninsula is perfect to see on the water, and your comfortable catamaran will get you as close as possible to the glaciers and wildlife around. The cruise captain will give a full narration today, providing insight into the main sights along the way as well as the area’s ecology, history and geology. Highlights of the day are watching the mighty Holgat Glacier calve as chunks of ice crash into the water, as well as spotting sea otters, Steller sea lions, puffins, eagles, harbour seals and seabirds. Fingers crossed you might even spot a whale or two breaching in the water around you! After disembarking the ship back in Seward, you and the crew are free to relax in and around town tonight.
Day 5 - Seward After stocking up on breakfast, lace up your walking shoes for a leisurely walk like no other. Head with your leader and other adventurers to Exit Glacier, where you’ll enjoy an easy 3-kilometre (2-mile) round-trip hike to the glacier lookout. It’s a spectacular sight to see, especially in summer months with the sun glistening on the surface. Next up is dog sledding – yes, you heard right! Even in summer, this activity is a staple in Alaska. You’ll ride – or as the sledders call it, ‘mush’ – through the Alaskan wilderness to the base of Resurrection Mountain and along Box Canyon Creek. Keep an ear out for your local guide explaining how to train and steer the dogs, plus some fun stories along the trail. When you arrive back at the kennel, see the great facilities provided for your furry friends, and perhaps even meet some adorable husky puppies! Afterwards, transfer back to your accommodation for a free evening.
Day 6 - Seward – Anchorage Enjoy a free morning in Seward, perhaps booking in on any optional activities you and your family might have seen. There’s the Alaska SeaLife Center to explore, or for more of an adrenaline rush, how about a spot of zip lining? Otherwise, take a wander down to the foreshore after breakfast to go otter spotting. In the afternoon, head back to Anchorage as a group via Begich Boggs Visitor Center in Girdwood, where there are local hiking trails to stretch those legs. Arriving back in Anchorage, we will check into your hotel, and perhaps gather together with your fellow families for a celebration of your time together in Alaska.
Day 7 - Anchorage With no activities planned for the family today, you are free to say your goodbyes to your group leader and family friends and leave the accommodation, either continuing your own Alaskan adventure or beginning your homebound journey. If you would like to spend more time in Anchorage, we’ll be happy to organise additional accommodation (subject to availability).
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 24 April 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans