7 Day Southern Edge Lakes & Fiords by Campervan
The accommodationDay 1 - 2: Queenstown to Lake Wanaka (69km)
Make your way north to the boutique town of Wanaka, a slowed-down pace of its neighbour Queenstown. Wanaka sits on the shores of a crystal-clear lake, and at the foot of the Southern Alps. Easily accessible ski fields in the winter, and mountain-bike and hiking trails in the summer, means Wanaka is always buzzing with adventure seekers. The town is also the gateway to the stunning Mt Aspiring National Park, a collection of high mountain peaks, verdant forests, and plunging waterfalls. Immerse yourself in Wanaka's iconic, unique, and award-winning Puzzling World that will keep people of all ages keen to engage in a fun, challenging and sensory experience. Take a cruise on the lake to Mou Waho Island and enjoy a nature walk, or try a Wildwire climbing adventure up twin waterfalls, or in winter hit the slopes at nearby Cardrona or Treble Cone ski areas. Cardrona also offers some of the best conditions for stargazing, and in summer, mountain bike riding. In winter, enjoy an evening relaxing beside a roaring open fire at one of the many restaurants or bars around town, while watching as the sun sets over the lake.
Stay 2 nights in WanakaDay 3 - 4: Lake Wanaka to Te Anau (227km)
Today travel south making your way to Te Anau. Take a slight detour to the charming town of Arrowtown, where you can learn about the area's prospecting history. The town centre is brimming with art galleries to explore, and many examples of Maori culture to discover.
Te Anau is the gateway to the stunning Fiordland National Park with the iconic and breathtaking Milford and Doubtful sounds, easily accessible. Te Anau is home to the majestic Lake Manapouri and the Te Anau Glowworm Caves, where you travel across the beautiful Lake Te Anau and head underground to view glittering glowworms in the cave systems.On your second day in Te Anau, travel along the spectacular alpine route of the Milford Road, considered one of the most beautiful drives in the world. Get up close to steep cliffs rising out of the deep waters and cascading waterfalls at Milford Sound on a boat cruise, where you will nudge into waterfalls and spot wildlife including seals, dolphins and penguins.
Stay 2 nights in Te AnauDay 5 - 7: Te Anau to Queenstown (171km)
As you make your way into Queenstown, enjoy the scenery from mountain ranges to lakeside vistas as the road winds its way around Lake Wakatipu.
Queenstown is New Zealand's most prosperous resort town with an array of summer and winter activities to do from heart-racing jaw-dropping action, to soft-adventure, pure relaxation and exploring hidden gems surrounding the town. A great introduction into Queenstown is to head up to Skyline Queenstown where you can enjoy the most spectacular views over the town, lake and mountains. Travel by gondola up 450m above the town to the Skyline complex, try your hand at the gravity-fuelled luge, or enjoy a meal at their onsite restaurant. Head down to the lake's edge for a picnic, or take a leisurely scenic cruise along Lake Wakatipu by a vintage steamship, TSS Earnslaw, and stop into Walter Peak High Country Farm for lunch. A must-do experience is to head to Fergburger, Queenstown's iconic institution serving delicious burgers!
The adrenaline junkies will have a plethora of action-packed activities to choose from. Take a breathtaking ride through dramatic and narrow canyons with the award-winning Shotover Jet, or jump out of an aircraft into thin air, or bungy jump or catapult from a bridge. Or, if shopping till you drop sounds better than dropping from a ledge, try the many boutiques, like pre-loved fashion boutique, The Walk In Wardrobe, plus a weekly arts & crafts market. Finish your day soaking at the Onsen Hot Pools, open day or night.
Stay 2 nights in Queenstown
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 January 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- A non-refundable deposit of $500 + 20% of the total price is required to book, pay in full by invoice due date. Cancellation fees will apply and are determined at the date of cancellation.
- Seasonal surcharges and further conditions and travel restrictions may apply.
- A Credit Card bond is required at the time of collection. Offers cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer/s. Price is based on a lead in price per vehicle, extras i.e. camping table/ chairs, liability reduction etc will incur an additional fee.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.