Japan Express, 7 Days
Valid for select departures 20 June 2021 - 20 March 2022
7 day trip departing Tokyo.
6 nights accommodation in a Hostels.
6 Breakfasts & 2 Dinners.
High speed trains and public transport.
Bucket list inclusions:.
Full-day city tour of Tokyo.
Group karaoke experience.
Visit the Fushimi Inari Shrine in Kyoto.
Visit the Kinkaku-ji Temple.
Visit the Arashiyama bamboo forest.
Visit Umeda Sky Building.
Visit Osaka Castle.
WAS $2800*, NOW $2099*, SAVE $701*.
Day 1 Tokyo, Japan. Ready to experience the new and exotic? You came to the right place. Meet the crew in Tokyo and get ready for 7 jam-packed days of stuffing your face, exploring the ultra-modern and uncovering ancient traditions - not to mention all the weird, whacky and totally wonderful in between. We'll kick things off with a city tour visiting the likes of Senso-ji Temple and 500-year-old Nakamise Shopping Street. Then: head over to Akihabara to experience the unique anime culture - before spending the rest of the afternoon hanging out in uber-cool Harajuku and Shibuya districts. Don't forget to walk the famous Shibuya crossing or see the Meiji Shrine while you're at it. What. A. Day. Hungry? Thought so. Get to know your new trip mates over tonight's included dinner. Yep, you're actually here.
Day 2 Tokyo. This is your day, 100% your way. But if you need some recommendations, we've got your back. Ready to plunge into a world of manga and anime? Put on your Sailor Moon outfit and explore Tokyo's famous Akihabara district on an optional tour. Or if the snow-topped peaks and gleaming lakes of Mt Fiji sound more like you - there's a day trip to the Fuji Five Lakes region on the cards too. Later, you can wander the futuristic neon-lit streets of Shibuya or spend your evening on an optional tour of the buzzing Shinjuku district. With heaps of restaurants, bars and blaring dance joints - this place is where boredom goes to die. Thought you could come to Japan and not get involved in some K-A-R-A-OKE? Think again Gather the gang and bust out some bangers at tonight's included karaoke bar experience.
Day 3 Tokyo. It's your last day in Tokyo - so, don't waste a second. Our suggestion? Get the low-down on East Tokyo with an optional cycling tour. Pedal past the district's awe-inspiring shrines and temples, uncover the local sake bars and hip art galleries - and get inside scoop on those hidden gems with a local guide. Or add 'sushi-making-ninja' to your LinkedIn profile after learning from the pros at an optional sushi making experience. Non-sushi-lovers (whoever you are) should check out Omoide Yokocho (aka Piss Alley - we know, stay with us). Despite the unfortunate name, this tiny narrow street is lined with all the best izakaya restaurants. Pull up a pew with the locals, order a yakitori grill and dig in. This is about as authentic as it gets. Tonight, there's an optional show at the Robot Restaurant. Think: giant robot battles, crazy decor, dazzling lasers and all round only-in-Japan madness.
Day 4 Tokyo to Kyoto. Rise and shine - it's an early start to get the Shinkansen (bullet train FYI) to Kyoto. Home to over 2,000 temples and shrines this place ticks all the spiritual boxes. After lunch, we'll visit the incredible Fushimi Inari Shrine - with plenty of time to hike to the top and explore the torii gates. Then the afternoon is yours. If you want, spend the rest of the day dressed up as a geisha or samurai (we told you it would get weird). Love Katsu curry? Find a CoCo Ichibanya for dinner tonight. It's cheap AND delicious.
Day 5 Kyoto. Time to explore this place with the local experts. We'll tick off the Kinkaku-ji Golden Pavilion before moving on to Arashiyama to visit the Tenryu-ji Temple. Grab a bite to eat then head out to explore the sprawling bamboo forest and Togetsu-kyo bridge. Then, the rest is up to you. Loose yourself, find yourself, then grab a biru at a local watering hole. And for dinner tonight, head to Nishiki Warai for seriously good yakisoba and okonomiyaki. *wipes drool from chin*.
Day 6 Kyoto to Osaka. Just when you thought your jeans couldn't get any tighter - today we're headed for Osaka: the foodie capital of Japan. Here, they even have a word for "scoff till you drop": kuidaore. Down your cup of matcha - we've got an intro tour to the city starting with the majestic Osaka Castle and Umeda Sky Building. SD cards full of EPIC views over the city - the rest of the afternoon is yours for the taking. History buff? There are plenty of temples and an awesome castle to explore. Or hunt down Ichiran Ramen for a unique lunch experience. Whatever you get up to, just make sure you're back in time for tonight's included dinner in the Dotonbori district (aka Eat Street). This is your last night with the gang, so head to the buzzing Uranamba district for micro bars, plenty of sake and round two of a slightly-out-of-tune battle of the ballads. The Drunken Clam karaoke bar is where it's at.
Day 7 Osaka. Time to say sayonara to the Land of the Rising Sun. Swap those Insta handles - you're going to need them to organise next year's reunion trip. What's next? We hear the ski season here is pretty sick.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 28 February 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on multi share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.