Canadian Rockies and Pacific Coast, 14 Days
Only on 16 & 30 June 2022. Other departure dates available however prices may differ.
14 day journey departing Anchorage.
13 nights accommodation in hand picked centrally located hotels.
Many meals including deliciously authentic dining and breakfast daily.
In Icefields Parkway, experience Athabasca Glacier, onboard a specially designed Ice Explorer, with an expert driver guide.
Board a traditional Red Jammer for a private tour with a park veteran and enjoy the stunning views of Glacier National Park.
Embark on a narrated cruise in Jasper across the serene waters of iconic Maligne Lake.
Travelling with an experienced Travel Director.
Travel throughout via customised air-conditioned coach with double the legroom.
Airport transfers on first and last day of journey.
Glacier Discovery Inside Passage Cruise option available (22 day trip total).
Prices will vary.
FLEXIBLE FREE changes & cancellations up to 30 days prior to travel^.
WAS $8,850*, NOW $7,079*, SAVE $1,771*.
Day 1 Welcome to Vancouver. Arrive in Vancouver, a haven for sports enthusiasts and keen history buffs alike. This unique city offers something for everyone. From its striking mountains to the bustle of the city's art and music scene, this British Columbia seaport does not disappoint. On arrival, your airport transfer will take you to your luxury hotel before you join your Travel Director at 18.00 for a Welcome Dinner and an opportunity to mingle with fellow guests over wine.
Day 2 Cruise the Gulf Islands to Victoria. Embark on a tour of Vancouver, exploring Gastown and the famous totem poles in Stanley Park followed by a visit to Capilano Suspension Bridge Park. You'll have free time to enjoy lunch on your own. This afternoon, board a ferry and sail through the beautiful Gulf Islands to Vancouver Island, an idyllic place known for its fishing and art communities. You'll end your day here, in British Columbia's stunning capital city, Victoria. Your hotel will be the Inn at Laurel Point, a modern waterfront venue with harbour views.
Day 3 Butchart Gardens. Start your day wandering through world renowned Butchart Gardens, a beautiful National Historic Site of Canada featuring groups of floral displays. Enjoy an immersive day exploring Canada's oldest Chinatown, the bustling Inner Harbour and stately Legislative Buildings. At night, choose from a selection of restaurants for your Dine-Around Evening, where you'll sit down and enjoy a hearty meal with striking views.
Day 4 Victoria to Chase, British Colombia. This morning, cruise back to the mainland and continue on your scenic journey through British Columbia to the Secwepemc Territory at Little Shuswap Lake close to Chase. Upon arrival you will witness and partake in a Smudging Ceremony, a traditional spiritual ritual conducted by a member of the local Indigenous community. As you settle in at your lakeside lodge this evening, you'll enjoy a Dinner with Wine, featuring authentic regional flavours.
Day 5 The Alpine Wonderland of Jasper National Park. After breakfast this morning, your journey takes you along the legendary Yellowhead Highway towards Jasper National Park, part of the Canadian Rocky Mountains Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. En route, a stop will be made at the Mount Robson Visitor Center in Mount Robson Provincial Park, the second oldest park in British Columbia's park system and truly one of the world's crown jewels. Enjoy the best views of Mount Robson, which at 12,972 ft (3,954 metres) is the most prominent mountain in North America's Rocky Mountain range and also the highest point in the Canadian Rockies. Arrive in the wonderland of Jasper National Park with its soothing mineral hot springs, rugged glaciers, colourful meadows, and majestic mountains.
Day 6 Exploring Jasper and the Colombia Icefield. Start the day with an informative walk on the trails of Maligne Canyon, one of the most beautiful gorges in the Canadian Rockies. Then, embark on a narrated cruise across the serene waters of iconic Maligne Lake, one of the jewels of the Canadian Rockies (please note that this activity is seasonal and subject to closure as the lake may be frozen). Stop at Spirit Island, one of the most photographed sites in the Canadian Rockies. Start your journey along the majestic Icefields Parkway, one of the world's most stunning mountain drives. Travel along the majestic Icefields Parkway and arrive at the Columbia Icefield for your stay at the just opened Glacier View Lodge, the first and only glacier-view resort in Canada. After a welcome reception in the Moraine Lounge, your Local Expert will escort you to this evening's first activity-a special after-hours glacier tour, when all visitors are gone. Venture out onto Athabasca Glacier in a massive Ice Explorer. Then, join your guide for a stroll atop the ice and discover the beauty and immensity of the glacier. Learn about the history and geology of the region, and enjoy a warm beverage out on the glacier itself. After enjoying a gourmet dinner with wine, you can step out onto the Viewing Deck, stargaze marvelling at the dark night sky, relax with a drink in the library, or hang out inside the Moraine Lounge with games and live entertainment.
Day 7 Icefields, Glaciers and Lakes to Banff National Park. Following a hearty breakfast, venture onto the amazing Glacier Skywalk where you will be treated to a before hours, private guided tour of a cliff-edged glass-floored walkway. After this morning's icy adventure, continue south to Lake Louise and admire it's blue waters and Victoria Glacier. Journey on to the resort town of Banff, your home for the next two nights. Dine at your hotel this evening and unwind in your stunning natural surroundings.
Day 8 Banff National Park. Today is yours to spend exploring the rugged charms of the park. Choose from several optional experiences, including a once in a lifetime helicopter flight over the magnificent Canadian Rockies, or a ride onboard the Banff Gondola, a scenic cableway that can take you to the summit of Sulphur Mountain.
Day 9 Glacier National Park. Prepare for a day of culture and history as you depart for the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Head-Smashed-In Buffalo Jump, one of the world's oldest and largest buffalo jumps. Once here you'll discover how the indigenous people used this 36-foot-high (11 metres) cliff to hunt stampeding herds of bison. You'll also get a unique chance to join a local Blackfoot elder and hear fascinating stories about the Plains people of today and long ago. From craggy plains to mountainous landscapes, you'll cross the U.S. border into Montana and end your day at Many Glacier Hotel, a charming property situated in the heart of Glacier National Park.
Day 10 Glacier National Park. Today, board a private Red Jammer bus to cruise along the Going-to-the-Sun Road in style. During your narrated trip you'll witness stunning views from Logan Pass and the marvels of the park's wild interior. Disembark and end your day at Lake McDonald, the largest lake in Glacier National Park. Rest up in a classic Swiss-chalet-style lodge with spectacular mountain views.
Day 11 Lake Coeur dalene and Spokane. Today you'll continue on to the beautiful shores of Lake Coeur d'Alene, one of America's most beautiful lakes, and arrive in Spokane to stay at The Historic Davenport, Autograph Collection hotel. This is Washington State's grandest hotel, listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It has welcomed a number of famous faces including Amelia Earhart and Clark Gable. Collection, Spokane.
Day 12 Wonderful Wines en route to Seattle. Wine connoisseurs rejoice. Today you'll head through the wide, endless horizons of the wine-producing area of Washington State. Visit Cave B Estate, an award-winning boutique winery and local favourite. Explore the nuances of their fine wine selection with some tastings over a Highlight Lunch, focusing on fresh, local and artisanal ingredients. Then it's on to forward-thinking Seattle for an evening at leisure at your hotel.
Day 13 Seattle. Enjoy an Insight Choice today. Either head to the Space Needle, with its jaw-dropping panoramic views of the unique skyline or the Chihuly Garden and Glass exhibit. You'll also see Puget Sound, Pioneer Square and Pike Place Market, where you should watch out for flying fish. The afternoon is yours at leisure and you'll find activities, restaurants and shops aplenty. In the evening, join your Travel Director and fellow guests for a Celebration Dinner with wine at Ivar's Acres of Clams. Here you'll find the Northwest's best dining, as you take in the views on Seattle's waterfront.
Day 14 Depart Seattle or Vancouver. It's time to say goodbye to the Emerald City as your trip comes to an end. You have the choice of an included transfer to Seattle SeaTac International Airport, or Vancouver International Airport, arriving at 14:00.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 28 February 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Bookings are fully-flexible and may be cancelled or changed without penalty up to 30 days prior to departure. Should any booked trip be suspended, guests may elect to receive a future travel credit or full refund. If you have a future travel credit with no applied discounts you can use your credit for the Global Take Off Sale. Further conditions may apply. For booking conditions visit Insightvacations.com.
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.