Margaret River & Albany Adventure, 6 Days
Valid for select departures between 25 February 2021 and 30 April 2022
6 day Intrepid small group Comfort tour departing Fremantle.
2 nights accommodation in a Resort.
1 night accommodation in a Cottage.
2 nights accommodation in a Motel.
5 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch & 2 Dinners.
Busselton: Bee Keeper experience & honey tasting & Busselton Jetty.
Margaret River: Boranup Forest (Caves Road) & Contos Beach Lookout, Winery visit, including tastings & lunch, Chocolate factory visit, Cheesery visit, Hamelin Bay, Canal Rocks & The Bridge, Dunsborough visit, Noongar First Nations experience, Cape Naturaliste Lighthouse & coastal walk.
Albany: The Gap & Natural Bridge visit, Historic Whaling Station Museum, Relaxation & meditation experience, Frenchman's Bay, Wilderness boat cruise, Valley of the Giants treetop walk, William Bay & Greens Pool visit, Castle Rock Walk & Granite Skywalk Transport by Private vehicle.
BONUS SAVE up to $281*.
Day 1 Perth to Margaret River. Welcome to the west coast of the Australian mainland and WA's largest city and capital, Perth. This morning, meet your leader and fellow travel crew at a central point - find out exact details in the 'Joining Point Instructions' of your Essential Trip Information - then begin your coastal journey south towards the laidback locale of Busselton. Home to the longest timber-piled jetty in the southern hemisphere at 1.841 kilometres, take the chance to stretch your legs and snap a few photos. Afterwards, spend some time with a local beekeeper, enjoying a live demonstration of how to care for bees and extract honey, plus - of course - an included tasting Your demonstration takes place in a family-run pottery centre, so spend some time perusing the works of local pottery artists in residence. Sometime today you'll also take a drive through Boranup Forest and past Contos Beach Lookout for some pretty epic views. Keep driving into the Margaret River region, checking in to your hotel in the afternoon. Tonight, keep the introductions going with an included local dinner and drink with your newfound travel pals.
Day 2 Margaret River. You've had some time to check out the sights and sounds of the Margaret River, but today is all about tasting what the region has to offer. This section of Australia is home to some of the best artisanal flavours around, particularly their wines, cheeses and chocolate. So, luckily for you, the group will hit all three today Take to the regional roads bound for some boutique wineries and breweries, a local chocolate factory and cheesery, tasting some of the best going around. Margaret River's wineries have built a reputation on their cabernet sauvignon and chardonnay, and you'll soon know why. After a day of indulging, the evening is yours to enjoy how you'd like. Perhaps it's time for a walk along the beach, or instead, explore the township's restaurant and bar scene - be sure to ask your group leader for their recommendations.
Day 3 Dunsborough to Donnelly River. Strap in for a day of sightseeing - first stop, Cape Naturaliste Lighthouse. Here, learn of the fascinating maritime history of the Cape region full of shipwrecks and lighthouse keeper tales. There will also be time for a short coastal walk along the Bibulman Track, so be sure to have your camera handy for some cool coastal shots. Pass by Canal Rocks and The Bridge, keeping an eye out for a passing Southern Right or Humpback Whale, which you might just be lucky enough to spot. After some free time in the nearby town of Dunsborough, drive to Hamelin Bay and search for some local stingrays floating around in the shallow waters. Continue inland to an immersive and powerful First Nations cultural experience, giving you a snapshot into the history of the land and its peoples. Take a short bushwalk identifying traditional medicines in plants and learning local Noongar knowledge from your guide. Venture into Ngilgi Cave, home to significant Dreamtime stories for local communities, and experience a mesmerising didgeridoo performance inside the cave. With a glowing sunset likely to greet you as the group leaves the cave, this cultural experience will be a memory to last a long time. Finish up with an easy one-hour drive to the former timber town of Donnelly River Village, where you'll spend the night in old-school timber cottages surrounded by kangaroos, emus and possums. This is true blue.
Day 4 Albany. Depart Donnelly River Village bound for Albany, along the southern coast of Western Australia. You'll have some free time for lunch in town before joining your group to visit Albany's Historic Whaling Station which now houses a museum. You'll see The Gap, Natural Bridge and Frenchman's Bay during the day, stopping to stretch your legs and take some coastal photos. Then, in the afternoon, head to a local Sandalwood wellness centre for a special Gong Relaxation Session. The next hour is meditative bliss - connect to your inner self as vibrational tones of the Gong, calming sandalwood oil and meditation combine for a peaceful and relaxing experience. After a couple of days of steady travel, this rejuvenating session is exactly what your body needs. Continue your zen as you have a night of leisure in Albany.
Day 5 Albany. Spend the morning in nature onboard a wilderness cruise in Walpole. Keep your eyes peeled for pods of dolphins and other marine life in this secluded cove. Afterwards, stop by the impressive Valley of the Giants, embarking on a Tree Top Walk on boardwalks and bridges suspended upwards of 40 metres in the canopy above. This ancient tingle forest is the largest in the state, and the biodiversity of trees in this region are very special. Explore the forests of southern WA, and on your way back to Albany, stop by the coast at natural attractions such as Greens Pool and Elephant Rocks, discovering some postcard-perfect views. Think sun-bleached boulders, crisp white sands, turquoise waters and dramatic cliffs - they're all on the cards today. Following an action-packed day explore, join your group for a relaxing included dinner back in town.
Day 6 Albany to Perth. Enjoy breakfast, then head to Porongurup National Park to take a guided walk on Castle Rock Walk and the Granite Skywalk. The path weaves through yate, marri and karri forests and past the renowned Balancing Rock. Take the Skywalk high above the plains, admiring some sweeping views across the Porongurup Range landscapes and forests below. Legs stretched and panorama shots acquired, it's time to head back to Perth. Depending on the time of year, fields of wildflowers will be in full bloom roadside, making for some scenic roadside views. After some drop-offs in central Fremantle, you'll make your way back to Perth in the late afternoon. Once there, you are free to continue your own adventure or begin your homeward journey, as your tour ends on arrival.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 May 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Discount applies to new bookings only made and deposited with Flight Centre Australia before 31 May 2021. A child price of 10% off the full adult price is applicable to the Kimberley Family Holiday for children under 17 years old. Minimum age for this trip is 5 years old, no exceptions can be made for safety reasons. The discount applies to the land tour price only and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer (except the standard Qantas Points offer if applicable) and are not combinable. Discount does not apply to local payments/kitty, permits, additional travel arrangements, international and local airfares. A deposit of $99 per person, per tour is required on booking. Full payment is due at least 21 days prior to departure. If booking within 21 days full payment is due on booking.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans