Great Barrier Reef Highlights with Sailing (Until March 2022)(Multi Share,Start Airlie Beach, End Townsville)
From 21/08/2021 to 24/03/2022
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Aug Sat 21 2021 to Aug Thu 26 2021Sold OutFrom$1,516*
Sep Sat 04 2021 to Sep Thu 09 2021Sold OutFrom$1,684*
Sep Sat 18 2021 to Sep Thu 23 2021AvailableFrom$1,768*
Oct Sat 02 2021 to Oct Thu 07 2021Sold OutFrom$1,663*
Oct Sat 16 2021 to Oct Thu 21 2021AvailableFrom$1,756*
Oct Sat 30 2021 to Nov Thu 04 2021Sold OutFrom$1,756*
Nov Sat 13 2021 to Nov Thu 18 2021On RequestFrom$1,848*
Dec Sat 11 2021 to Dec Thu 16 2021AvailableFrom$1,756*
Dec Sat 18 2021 to Dec Thu 23 2021AvailableFrom$1,756*
Dec Sat 25 2021 to Dec Thu 30 2021AvailableFrom$1,756*
Jan Sat 01 2022 to Jan Thu 06 2022AvailableFrom$1,756*
Jan Sat 08 2022 to Jan Thu 13 2022AvailableFrom$1,848*
Jan Sat 22 2022 to Jan Thu 27 2022AvailableFrom$1,663*
Feb Sat 05 2022 to Feb Thu 10 2022AvailableFrom$1,663*
Feb Sat 19 2022 to Feb Thu 24 2022AvailableFrom$1,663*
Mar Sat 05 2022 to Mar Thu 10 2022AvailableFrom$1,663*
Mar Sat 19 2022 to Mar Thu 24 2022AvailableFrom$1,663*
Throughout your adventure you'll be with an expert Aussie Trip Manager who knows these parts better than anyone.
They'll be your friend as well as your guide, imparting their killer local trivia and tips as you explore Queensland.
Day 1 - Arrive Airlie Beach Hello Airlie Beach! This tropical paradise is the perfect place to kick off our adventure. Our trip starts at 4pm at Base Backpackers where we'll meet our fellow Aussie adventurers before transfering to the marina. That's right - we're wasting no time getting out on the crystal-clear waters to board a converted racing yacht - our home for the next 2 nights. A delicious dinner is included tonight as we bond and swap stories under the starlit skies.
Day 2 - The Whitsundays How often do you get to wake up in paradise? Today we'll spend the whole day cruising the Whitsundays with our crew. Swim, snorkel, eat and repeat.Do as much or as little as you like - help the crew, snorkel some of the best coral reefs in Australia and laze on the fine sands of Whitehaven beach (cue: more pinch yourself moments). Soak it all in and relish living your best beachcomber life.
Day 3 - The Whitsundays We'll have more wonders to enjoy today as we cruise through the Whitsundays until the mid-afternoon, with opportunities to snorkel, swim and soak up those rays. Then, we'll get to enjoy a free night on Airlie Beach, admiring the lush rainforests of the Whitsundays Coast. It's not hard to get into holiday mode in this place, with its boutiques, markets and seafood cafes - and of course that beautiful blue lagoon.
Day 4 - The Whitsundays to Magnetic Island via Townsville Is there anything better than the Whitsundays? We think our next destination comes close. We'll board a train this morning heading for Townsville.After soaking up some East Coast scenery on our train journey, we'll hop on a ferry headed towards the spellbinding Magnetic Island.Magnetic Island is an apt name for this captivating isle, with its coastal walking trails and gum trees teeming with lazy koala bears. We'll have plenty of time to explore, try some water sports in the bright turquoise waters or meet some of the local marsupials. But first things first, we'll enjoy some champagne (our treat) and watch the sunset over the bay. Blissful or what?
Day 5 - Magnetic Island We have a whole day on this paradise island - lucky us! We'll waste no time meeting the locals, with a chance to eat an unlimited chef-cooked breakfast with some Koalas at the Bungalow Bay Koala Village. Then we can check out some of the walking trails - such as the Forts Walk which offers up stunning views of the Palm Island Group as well as WWI fortifications, and the chance to see more koalas in the wild- or enjoy some free time at Horseshoe bay, taking a dip on the azure waters and relaxing on the beach. See Magnetic Island's resident Rock Wallabies at dusk before a free evening, where we can watch the sunset and check out some of the local bars.
Day 6 - Magnetic Island to Townsville After breakfast this morning we'll say farewell to our koala friends and depart Magnetic Island on a ferry. But we'll never forget its singular beauty.Our trip ends this morning back in Townsville, however an optional train to Cairns with the rest of the group is available - chat to your Contiki Expert or Travel Agent to add this on. This adventure may be over, but we'll never forget the friends and memories we made. Airlie Beach Included Dinner Spend 2-nights on a converted racing yacht in the Whitsundays Whitsundays Spend 2-nights on a converted racing yacht in the Whitsundays Swim, snorkel, eat & repeat as you sail across the breathtaking Whitsundays to Whitehaven beach Enjoy freshly prepared breakfast lunch and dinner on board your converted racing yacht Snorkel some of the best coral reefs in Australia Magnetic Island Enjoy an unlimited chef-cooked breakfast while meeting and learning about Koalas at Bungalow Bay Koala Village Spot native koalas alongside WWII fortifications on a Magnetic Island Fort Walk See Magnetic Island's resident Rock Wallabies at dusk
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 July 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans