Cycle Utah: Bryce & Zion
From 23/05/2021 to 29/10/2021
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
May Sun 23 2021 to May Fri 28 2021AvailableFrom$3,250*
Jun Sun 20 2021 to Jun Fri 25 2021AvailableFrom$3,250*
Jul Sun 11 2021 to Jul Fri 16 2021AvailableFrom$3,250*
Aug Sun 01 2021 to Aug Fri 06 2021AvailableFrom$3,250*
Aug Sun 22 2021 to Aug Fri 27 2021AvailableFrom$3,250*
Sep Sun 12 2021 to Sep Fri 17 2021AvailableFrom$3,250*
Sep Sun 26 2021 to Oct Fri 01 2021AvailableFrom$3,250*
Oct Sun 10 2021 to Oct Fri 15 2021AvailableFrom$3,250*
Oct Sun 24 2021 to Oct Fri 29 2021AvailableFrom$3,250*
Discover the needle-like hoodoo pinnacles of Bryce Canyon National Park and the sheer red sandstone canyons of Zion National Park.
Cycle through Snow Canyon State Park viewing ancient lava flows and petrified sand dunes.
Challenge yourself to inspiring climbs and freewheeling descents past millions of years of geologic history in the multihued rock layers of the Colorado Plateau.
Enjoy the best of Southwestern culture, cuisine and history in the same lands Butch Cassidy once called home.
Swap biking for hiking in the canyons and peaks of Zion National Park, with a chance to hike one of the iconic hiking trails.
Breakfasts Included: 5.
Hotel/Motel (5 nights).
Bicycle (e-bike option available,subject to availability),Support vehicle.
Age: min 15.
Group Size: 1 - 16.
Dixie National Forest.
Cedar Breaks National Monument.
Head of the Rocks Overlook.
Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument.
Bryce Canyon National Park Cycling.
Zion National Park Cycling.
Zion National Park - Walks.
Snow Canyon State Park Cycling.
Day 1 - Saint George Welcome to Saint George, the gateway to some of Utah’s finest parks and cycling trails. If you arrive early you might like to try one of the local hiking trails like the Red Reef Trail or just enjoy a relaxing morning exploring the local area. Your trip begins with a 3pm welcome meeting with your guide and fellow travellers. Afterwards, enjoy a warm-up ride around Saint George taking in iconic sites such as the beautiful architecture of the 1877 St. George Temple in town before venturing into the stunning Red Cliffs National Conservation Area and back. At only 23kms (14 miles) it’s a short ride but one that will give you a good taste of the amazing scenery that Utah has to offer. After the ride, you’re free to freshen up and head out to the vibrant downtown to enjoy dinner at one of the many restaurants.
Day 2 - Tropic After breakfast transfer by vehicle (approx.1.5hrs) to Cedar Breaks National Monument. Learn about the stunning half-mile deep amphitheater of red rock, sitting at an altitude of over 10,000 feet, before getting onto the bikes for a long but enjoyable day in the saddle. Start by enjoying a relaxed 30-mile descent through the conifer and aspen trees of the sprawling Dixie National Forest. After lunch, the road flattens out as you make your way east. Get a taste of what is to come as you ride the Canyon bike path, gently climbing through the Ponderosa pines and red sandstone hoodoos of Red Canyon – once a hideout of the notorious Butch Cassidy – before dropping down into the small town of Tropic, gateway to the stunning Bryce Canyon National Park. You have two nights here so feel free to unpack and relax.
Day 3 - Tropic & Escalante Canyons Today is a long ride, but a classic, as you spend the entire day riding Scenic Byway 12, also known as ‘A Journey Through Time’. The day starts with a gentle downhill to the edge of the multihued Kodachrome Basin State Park then a long climb up towards Powell Point Vista and the towering Canaan Peak – the views certainly make the climb worthwhile and the support vehicle is always on hand if you need it. After a well-earned rest begin the freewheeling 20-mile descent all the way to the town of Escalante, before one last climb up to the Head of the Rocks Overlook for expansive views of the colourful slickrocks. From here it’s all downhill back into Escalante where you’ll board the vehicle and transfer (approx. 45 minutes) back to Tropic. Enjoy a hearty meal and drink in town tonight – you’ve earned it!
Day 4 - Bryce Canyon & Zion National Park Today you ride through not one, but two iconic US National Parks. After a quick vehicle shuttle, begin your first ride, slowly climbing up through the surreal canyons and needle-like orange hoodoos of Bryce Canyon National Parks all the way to the end of the road at the famous Rainbow Point. Here you can enjoy the expansive panoramic vista of pink cliffs contrasted with the green bristlecone pines - the oldest living individual organisms on Earth. After taking in the view (and numerous photos) board the vehicle and shuttle (approx. 1.5 hrs) to Mt Carmel Junction for lunch. After lunch, jump back on the bikes and follow the road as it shadows Pine Creek all the way into the iconic Zion Canyon National Park. See the famous towering monoliths like The East Temple and Bridge Mountain looming above, touches of greenery contrasting the red sandstone and the fast-flowing Virgin River tumbling downwards all the way downhill to the end of the ride at Springdale. From here pack up the bikes and jump into the vehicle for the short transfer (approx. 25 mins) to your lodging in the hot spring town of La Verkin.
Day 5 - Zion National Park This morning you’ll drive back to Springdale then enjoy an epic ride up the virtually car-free Floor of the Valley Road beneath the towering red rock cliffs of Zion Canyon. This is Utah’s canyonlands at their finest as you cycle up steep-sided cliffs and past the megaliths such as the Mountain of the Sun, Mount Majestic, and The Great White Throne. Be sure to stop off at the scenic Court of the Patriarchs Viewpoint along the way – for a good rest and even better view. Once you reach the end of the paved road it’s time to park the bike, swap your riding shoes for hiking boots and enjoy one of many hikes the park offers. Hiking in Zion is a once in a lifetime experience and the vistas here are some of the best in this vast park. Later, descend the same road then shuttle (approx. 45 minutes) back to St George.
Day 6 - St George & Snow Canyon State Park Your last ride follows a familiar start as you start by retracing your tyre tracks from Day 1 then turn north, climbing upwards on an early morning cycle through the lesser-visited Snow Canyon State Park. The terrain here is a vast contrast to the last few days, yet equally compelling, as vertiginous cliffs give way to petrified sand dunes, ancient lava flows and red Navajo sandstone. Savour the final long descent back down into Saint George with ample time to freshen up before it is time to say goodbye to your riding companions as the trip comes to an end.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 20 April 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans