Russian Waterways River Cruise & Tour, 13 Days
Day 1 Arrive St Petersburg
The City of Tsars. The Venice of the North. Russia's hub for the arts. Whichever way you describe St Petersburg, it certainly does not disappoint. We will meet you on arrival and transfer you to your hotel. This evening, come together to share a welcome dinner, where you will have the opportunity to get to know your fellow travellers.
St Petersburg, Kempinski Hotel Moika 22
Day 2 St Petersburg, Embark Ship
Embark on a city exploration, where you will see attractions such as St Isaac's Cathedral, the Nevsky Prospect and Palace Square. You will also visit Peter and Paul Fortress, as well as the Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood. Afterwards, take a guided tour of the imperial estate, Peterhof Palace, laid out on the orders of Peter the Great. Later, the time has come to board your river ship.
10 Nights, MS Valentina
Day 3 St Petersburg
Take a Hydrofoil ride on the Neva River to the State Hermitage, the second-largest art museum in the world and home to Russia's royal art collection of more than three million works. After a special experience here, tour the museum. Spend the afternoon at leisure. For something special this evening, appreciate Russia's arts scene and attend a private ballet performance at the Hermitage Theatre, one of the oldest theatres in St Petersburg.
Here, go inside before the museum is open to the public and take in the exclusive Hermitage Peacock Clock Ceremony. Acquired by Catherine the Great, the Peacock Clock is a large automated clock featuring three life-sized mechanical birds.
Day 4 St Petersburg
After breakfast today, head out to enjoy your chosen activity.
Freedom of Choice
Join a discovery of the lavish Catherine Palace and grounds, constructed in the 18th century as a summer palace for the Empress. Alternatively, you may wish to visit the Faberge Museum, home to the world's largest collection of pieces by Peter Carl Faberge.
Day 5 Lake Ladoga, Mandrogi
After cruising through the night, dock in Mandrogi, located within a dense forest on the banks of the Svir River. Famous for its towering churches, most of Mandrogi was bombed by German forces in World War II. Here, visit the Vodka Museum that houses more than 3,000 different varieties, then spend time at leisure to look around the village.
Day 6 Lake Onega, Kizhi Island
Situated on Lake Onega, Kizhi is home to some of Russia's iconic wooden architecture. Once declared a parish centre for the Russian Orthodox Church in the 16th century, it survived a rebellion until the 1950s, when most of the island's residents left, leaving behind impressive wooden relics. Explore the open-air museum and marvel at the World Heritage-listed Transfiguration Church, built in 1714 without the use of a single nail.
Day 7 White Lake, Goritsy
Today cruise onto the White Lake, then dock in Goritsy, a peaceful farming town. Here, set out on your preferred activity.
Freedom of Choice
Visit the Monastery of St Cyril on the White Lake and its Museum of Icons. Alternatively, take a walking tour of Goritsy, including a visit to a local school.
Day 8 Yaroslavl
Make a stop in the historic Golden Ring city, Yaroslavl. Founded by Prince Yaroslav the Wise in 1010, this is one of Russia's oldest cities, tracing its origins back to the Vikings. Here, a sightseeing exploration illuminates the city's history through its glorious architecture, including Spassky Monastery and the Church of Elia the Prophet.
Day 9 Uglich
Dock in another Golden Ring city, Uglich, where you can pick the sightseeing that best suits you.
Freedom of Choice
On a guided discovery, visit the Kremlin and the Church of St Demetrios on the Blood. Alternatively, you may wish to visit the Hydropower Engineering Museum.
Day 10 Moscow
Dock in Moscow this afternoon as you arrive at your final destination on this journey. Enjoy an insightful guided exploration of Red Square and St Basil's Cathedral.
Day 11 Moscow
On a guided tour of the Armoury Museum, venture inside the walls of the Kremlin, a historic fortified complex that was once the royal residence of the Tsars. Later, you will have a choice of sightseeing.
Freedom of Choice
Perhaps gain an insight into the history of space exploration with a visit to the Memorial Museum of Cosmonautics, situated at the base of a 100-metre titanium obelisk. Alternatively, explore Tretyakov Art Gallery, Russia's national gallery.
Day 12 Moscow, Disembark Ship
Set out on a morning discovery that allows you to marvel at some of Moscow's unique Metro stations, which feature chandeliers and marble statues. Later, perhaps tour a Cold War bunker or enjoy free time to explore Moscow. An evening of fun awaits at tonight's farewell dinner, where traditional Russian folklore performers will dazzle you.
Moscow, Hotel Baltschug Kempinksi
Day 13 Depart Moscow
Be transferred to the airport.
The above information has been obtained from the relevant suppliers and should be considered an indicative guide only as to the prices that may be available for these products. Flight Centre cannot guarantee that any particular product will still be available at the following prices, or for your exact dates of travel. At the time of making your booking, prices may differ to that price displayed on this website. Please contact a Flight Centre travel consultant to obtain the latest up to date information regarding applicable prices, fees and charges, taxes, availability, any blackout dates (such as school holidays), seasonal surcharges and other terms and conditions which may apply.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 May 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.