The Top End Loop by Campervan, 8 Days
The accommodationDarwin to Kakadu National Park (151km).
Depart Darwin and drive to the northern entry of Kakadu, stopping at the Bowali Visitor Centre in Jabiru, to check for possible road closures or inclement weather conditions. Note, a park pass is required to enter Kakadu National Park, which can be purchased online before you leave home.
Kakadu National Park is one of the Northern Territory's true treasures. Inhabited by the Bininj/Mungguy people, and spread over 20,000km2, marvel at the natural beauty and wildlife of this unique landscape. View the prolific ancient rock art sites, such as Ubirr or the World Heritage-listed Nourlangie Rock. Visit the natural rock pools and waterfalls, such as the Gunlom Pools, Maguk, and Jim Jim Falls. Spot wildlife, including crocodiles, wild horses and jabiru, at the Yellow Water Billabong in Cooinda. A great way to get acquainted with Kakadu's most famous wetland is to add on a Yellow Water Cruise to your itinerary. Visit the Warradjan Aboriginal Cultural Centre, to learn about the Aboriginal culture in Kakadu. Stop into the Barra Bar & Bistro at the Cooinda Lodge, to sample local bush cuisine with Kangaroo, barramundi, buffalo and crocodile on the menu, along with a cold beer.
Suggest 2 nights in Kakadu.Kakadu National Park to Katherine (152km).
Travel to Katherine, a diverse area boasting rich Indigenous art and craft, dramatic gorges, thermal springs and misty waterfalls. Visit the largest classroom in the world at Katherine School of the Air. Explore the Nitmiluk National Park, a vast sandstone country, that is home to 13 gorges, carved by time through the ancient landscape. Stop at Nitmiluk Visitor Centre to learn about the significance of this region to the traditional owners, and the best way to appreciate it is to join a cruise or a guided canoe tour, as you journey through the magnificent Nitmiluk Gorge. For an unforgettable Outback Aussie experience, Marksie's Stockman's Camp Tucker Night, is a seasonal outdoor restaurant, serving delicious bush tucker, as you listen to entertaining stories.
Suggest 2 nights in KatherineKatherine to Darwin (via Litchfield) (419km).
Make an early start so you can spend some time at the beautiful Litchfield National Park, enroute to Darwin, where you can plunge into the crystal-clear waterholes, or take a short stroll up to the Tolmer Falls or Florence Falls viewing platforms.
Darwin, famed for its markets, festivals, beautiful harbour and spectacular sunsets, is a cosmopolitan city with a warm and tropical outdoor lifestyle. The strong Indigenous culture here is reflected in the array of languages spoken in the city, as well as the art which fills the city's museums and galleries. The close proximity to Asia has also led to strong eastern influences on the energetic food scene and night markets, with the laksa being a firm favourite with the locals. The Mindil Beach Sunset Markets, from April to October, held every Thursday and Sunday have over 60 international food stalls and live music, and the Parap Village Markets are held year round every Saturday morning, offering a selection of Asian-inspired street food. For a birds-eye view of the famous Darwin sunset, join the popular Charles Darwin Sunset Buffet Cruise, while enjoying a delicious Territory-style buffet with Australian seafood and local produce, all in air-conditioned comfort.
Suggest 3 nights in Darwin
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 April 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person twin share based on an 8 day hire (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Prices fluctuate depending on day and length of hire and price.
- Vehicle Liability - the customer is responsible for the first AUD5000 of the cost of damage, plus any administration fees.
- A Credit Card authority will also be required, whereby the customer authorises the campervan company to retain the details of their credit card to recover any outstanding amounts owed by them.
- The above Liability amount can be reduced by purchasing the Liability Reduction Option.
- ^Flexible Terms & Conditions: Applies to selected products only & excludes instant purchase & non-refundable products. Please ask your consultant for details at time of booking. A refundable deposit of $55 per person is required to secure your booking. Final payment is due 30 days prior to travel, unless travelling within 30 days of booking. Changes & cancellations made 7 days or more prior to travel will not incur fees. Changes are subject to availability & may incur additional costs due to changes in seasonality, pricing & applicable surcharges. Any additional cost associated with changing will remain the responsibility of the customer. Original booking may contain bonus inclusions which are no longer available. In this instance, you will be offered a credit of your payment less any applicable supplier fees. Any additions to the original booking, including airfares, accommodation, cruises, tours & transfers, will be subject to their own booking terms & conditions which may not permit changes or refunds. If changes are permitted, fees may apply. Changes & cancellations made within the applicable cancellation period will be subject to Flight Centre's Change & Cancellation policy which can be found at www.flightcentre.com.au.In the event there is inconsistency between these Flexible Terms & Conditions & those found on our website, Flexible Terms and Conditions will apply.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.