New Mexico Discovery
From 19/06/2021 to 14/10/2021
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Jun Sat 19 2021 to Jun Thu 24 2021AvailableFrom$3,595*
Jul Sat 17 2021 to Jul Thu 22 2021AvailableFrom$3,595*
Aug Sat 07 2021 to Aug Thu 12 2021AvailableFrom$3,595*
Sep Wed 01 2021 to Sep Mon 06 2021AvailableFrom$3,595*
Oct Sat 09 2021 to Oct Thu 14 2021AvailableFrom$3,595*
Explore the charming streets of historic Santa Fe, famous for its Pueblo-style architecture and vibrant arts scene.
Browse Native American art markets and visit 11,000-year-old ruins to uncover the rich history and ancestral heritage of the US Southwest.
Climb high above the canyon floor of Bandelier National Monument as you scale wooden ladders that lead to ancient cliff dwellings.
Visit a world-renowned tapestry gallery for an intimate, expert demonstration of traditional weaving technique and artistry.
Marvel at the towering tent rocks of Kasha-Katuwe, unique formations created by volcanic eruptions over 6 million years ago.
Breakfasts Included: 5.
Dinners Included: 1.
Hotel (5 nights).
Age: min 15.
Group Size: 1 - 12.
Santa Fe - leader led walking tour.
Santa Fe - Cocktail Making Class.
Bandelier National Monument.
Chimayo - Basket Weaving Demonstration.
Kasha-Katuwe Tent Rocks National Monument.
Day 1 - Santa Fe Welcome to Santa Fe, the oldest state capital in the USA. If you arrive early, feel free to spend the day exploring the city’s iconic Pueblo-style architecture and abundance of art galleries – there are more than 250 for you to find! Your tour kicks off with a group meeting at 6pm, followed by a welcome dinner in which you’ll get to sample some of Santa Fe’s delicious (and often chili-infused) local cuisine. After dinner, the evening is all yours to explore. Maybe wander the plaza or head to the Bell Tower Bar at the historic La Fonda hotel for a cocktail.
Day 2 - Santa Fe This morning, take in the historic sites of Santa Fe with a walking tour led by your expert guide. See the historic Palace of the Governors, St. Francis Cathedral and the local Native American art markets – and maybe pick up a few unique souvenirs to bring back home. In the afternoon, you’re free to explore at your leisure. We highly recommend the Georgia O’Keeffe Museum, celebrating one of the country’s most significant artists of the 20th century. Or if you would rather put your feet up, go for a soak in one of Santa Fe’s therapeutic hot springs. If visual art is your passion, check out fellow B-Corp business Meow Wolf, which creates fantastical, immersive experiences.
Day 3 - Santa Fe Today is a free day to further explore Santa Fe. Maybe check out the Georgia O'Keeffe Museum or Loretto Chapel. In the afternoon meet back up with your group and leader for a cocktail making class at a local distillery that focuses on their mission to become the Southwest’s pre-eminent artisan distillery. Afterwards you’ll have the option for a group dinner (at your expense)
Day 4 - Bandelier National Monument Get ready because we have a full day planned for you today! After breakfast, head out of town to Bandelier National Monument. Our local guide used to be a ranger at Bandelier and has written two books on the history of New Mexico and Georgia O'Keeffe. You will discover some of the most unusual ancient ruins in the Southwest, including petroglyphs, pictographs and cave dwellings tucked away in the cliffside.If you’re feeling brave, climb the ladders to these alcoves, high above the canyon floor. From here, continue north to the historic town of Taos, where you’ll spend the next 2 nights. This evening, we recommend the Sagebrush Inn for a cozy meal amid local artwork, traditional kiva-style fireplaces and an abundance of historic charm.
Day 5 - Taos Your morning is free to explore Taos at your own pace. Maybe wander around town, discovering the adobe buildings and local artwork, or you can opt to do a half-day rafting trip down the Rio Grande. Re-group after lunch and head to Chimayo for a basket-weaving demonstration and a visit to a tapestry gallery that specialises in handwoven wool products using natural dyes and traditional weaving styles. The gallery is owned by award-winning weavers whose work has been shown in museums around the world, including the Smithsonian.
Day 6 - Taos – Santa Fe Today you make uour way back to Santa Fe, with a stop at the Kasha-Katuwe Tent Rocks National Monument. These fascinating formations are the result of volcanic eruptions that occurred over 6 million years ago and show off the incredible geological processes that shape our landscapes over time. We plan to arrive back in Santa Fe around 5 pm, at which point your New Mexico Discovery comes to an end.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 20 April 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans