Hobart and Southern Tasmania Explorer
From 10/09/2021 to 02/05/2022
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Sep Fri 10 2021 to Sep Mon 13 2021AvailableFrom$1,522*
Oct Fri 15 2021 to Oct Mon 18 2021AvailableFrom$1,790*
Oct Fri 29 2021 to Nov Mon 01 2021AvailableFrom$1,790*
Nov Fri 12 2021 to Nov Mon 15 2021AvailableFrom$1,845*
Nov Fri 26 2021 to Nov Mon 29 2021AvailableFrom$1,700*
Dec Fri 10 2021 to Dec Mon 13 2021AvailableFrom$1,700*
Jan Fri 07 2022 to Jan Mon 10 2022AvailableFrom$1,880*
Jan Fri 21 2022 to Jan Mon 24 2022AvailableFrom$1,845*
Feb Fri 04 2022 to Feb Mon 07 2022AvailableFrom$1,845*
Feb Fri 18 2022 to Feb Mon 21 2022AvailableFrom$1,845*
Mar Fri 04 2022 to Mar Mon 07 2022AvailableFrom$1,845*
Mar Fri 18 2022 to Mar Mon 21 2022AvailableFrom$1,915*
Apr Fri 01 2022 to Apr Mon 04 2022AvailableFrom$1,845*
Apr Fri 15 2022 to Apr Mon 18 2022AvailableFrom$1,845*
Apr Fri 29 2022 to May Mon 02 2022AvailableFrom$1,845*
Experience the best of southern Tasmania, from the bustling capital to the quiet seaside, with plenty of options for customising your trip to suit your interests.
Explore local life in historic Hobart as you browse through the markets and chat directly with producers about their locally sourced goods.
See the highlights of the picturesque Tasman Peninsula, such as the rocky formations of Tasman Arch and Devil’s Kitchen, the secluded Crescent Bay and the tragically historic Port Arthur.
Discover the rugged beauty and delicious flavours of Bruny Island as you sample local delicacies and explore national parkland where towering cliffs fall away into the crashing sea.
Visit a fourth-generation family-run orchard to learn about the history of apple farming on Tasmania and try locally produced cider.
Breakfasts Included: 3.
Dinners Included: 1.
Age: min 15.
Group Size: 1 - 12.
Hobart - MONA Museum Entry & Ferry.
Hobart - Mt Wellington Summit.
Tasman Peninsula - Tasman Arch.
Hobart - Salamanca Market.
Tasman Peninsula - Devils Kitchen.
Tasman Peninsula - Eaglehawk Neck.
Hobart - Farmers' Market.
Huon Valley - Willie Smith’s Cider Apple Museum.
Franklin - Wooden Boat Centre Tour.
Bruny Island - Truganini Lookout.
Bruny Island - South Bruny National Park.
Bruny Island - Cloudy Bay.
Bruny Island - Ferry.
Bruny Island - Adventure Bay.
Day 1 - Hobart Welcome to Hobart! Your tour starts at 10:30 am with a trip to the summit of kunyanyi (Mount Wellington) for spectacular, sprawling views of the city and southern Tasmania. Grab lunch at one of the many restaurant options along the Hobart waterfront, where local fishermen, sailors and travellers have gathered for more than 200 years. In the afternoon, catch the ferry to the quirky Museum of Old and New Art, home to an eclectic collection of pieces – such as a man named Tim, whose tattooed back has been on display since 2011 as living art. You’ll take the ferry back to check into your hotel, where you are free to relax for the evening or head out and explore local Hobart nightlife.
Day 2 - Hobart to the Tasman Peninsula Today, the Salamanca Markets await, ready to tempt you with local delights – everything from fresh produce to handmade crafts. We’ll spend 2 hours exploring the market, then head to the historic town of Richmond. With over 40 heritage buildings, Richmond gives you the impression that you’ve landed back in the colonial 1800s. From there, head down the peninsula to the southern tip at Port Arthur. Driving down the beautiful Forestier and Tasman peninsulas, we’ll pass through the narrow sliver of land that is Eaglehawk Neck and stop at Tasman Arch and Devil’s Kitchen, where the surging sea meets stunning rock formations. Once we reach Port Arthur, you can opt to hike from the aptly named Remarkable Cave, a picturesque sea cave shaped by ancient earthquakes, out to the breathtaking Crescent Bay, surrounded by steep sand dunes and offering awesome views along the coastline and sea cliffs. Or, you may want to explore the Port Arthur Historic Site, a former convict settlement with a horrific past (extra cost). We’ll return to Hobart for the night.
Day 3 - Huon Valley Feast on local delights at the Hobart farmers’ market, where you can meet local producers and browse for seasonal Tassie produce like gooseberries, pine mushrooms or fresh oysters, depending on the time of year. Depart for the Huon Valley and the riverside town of Franklin where we’ll visit the Wooden Boat Centre, to learn the fine art of hand-crafted timber boats. From here we’ll go to Geeveston, a small township known for its forestry heritage and gateway to the Hartz Mountains National Park, a remote and rugged place shaped by ancient glaciers. Our last stop in the Huon Valley is to learn about the history of local apple farming, maybe with a few cider samples, at a fourth-generation orchard and cidery. Return to Hobart for the evening to enjoy dinner at an iconic Battery Point pub.
Day 4 - Bruny Island to Hobart Hop on the ferry over to Bruny Island. Climb 279 steps to reach Truganini Lookout at The Neck for sweeping views and wildlife-spotting. Explore South Bruny National Park, where the Cape Bruny Lighthouse perches high above the wild waves of the Southern Ocean. Visit Cloudy Bay, at the southernmost tip of the island, where whaling stations operated in the mid-1800s. See the beautiful coastline of Adventure bay, and stop in at a few local Bruny Island shops for tastings of locally sourced products such as cheese, oysters, honey, beer and/or wine. Your tour concludes upon return to Hobart at 5.30pm, and you are free to depart at your leisure.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 July 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans