ANZAC on the Western Front
Departure dates & prices
Apr Sun 10 2022 to Apr Fri 15 2022From$2,989*
May Wed 04 2022 to May Mon 09 2022From$2,989*
May Sat 14 2022 to May Thu 19 2022From$3,149*
Jun Fri 03 2022 to Jun Wed 08 2022From$3,149*
Jun Mon 13 2022 to Jun Sat 18 2022From$3,149*
Jun Thu 23 2022 to Jun Tue 28 2022From$3,149*
Jul Sun 10 2022 to Jul Fri 15 2022From$2,989*
Jul Wed 20 2022 to Jul Mon 25 2022From$2,989*
Jul Sat 30 2022 to Aug Thu 04 2022From$2,989*
Aug Mon 15 2022 to Aug Sat 20 2022From$2,989*
Aug Thu 25 2022 to Aug Tue 30 2022From$2,989*
Sep Sun 04 2022 to Sep Fri 09 2022From$2,989*
Sep Wed 14 2022 to Sep Mon 19 2022From$3,149*
Day 1 - Lille
After meeting the group in Lille, we’ll kick off our history-laden journey with a delicious welcome dinner. Accommodation: Hôtel Couvent des Minimes (or similar)
Day 2 - Lille – Ypres
Today’s itinerary will take us from Lille to Ypres via the historic Messines Ridge. Our first stop will be the Passchendaele battlefields – where we’ll walk in the footsteps of WWI allied soldiers who fought to break the German line in 1917. Next, we’ll pay our respects at Polygon Wood and Tyne Cot Military Cemetery before visiting the shell-scarred Hill 60. This afternoon, there’s an opportunity to explore the fascinating Hooge Crater Museum – home to a unique collection of WWI artefacts and reconstructed trenches. We’ll enjoy some free time this evening in Ypres – our home for the next two nights. Accommodation: Albion Hotel (or similar)
Day 3 - Ypres
Today, we’ll continue to delve into the moving stories of the West Flanders Front, beginning with a visit to the In Flanders Fields Museum – a unique institution that commemorates the four-year trench war and conveys a contemporary message of peace. This afternoon, you’ll be free to explore Ypres at your leisure. A medieval town that was completely destroyed during WWI and rebuilt anew, there is plenty of history to uncover here. This evening we’ll reconvene to attend the Last Post ceremony under the iconic Menin Gate. Accommodation: Albion Hotel (or similar)
Day 4 - Ypres – Amiens
Today it’s out of Belgium and across the border. Our destination? Fromelles, the site of the disastrous attack of 19 July 1916 – where we’ll pay a poignant visit Pheasant Wood Cemetery and the fascinating exhibition nearby. After, we’ll move on to the Wellington Quarries: a network of tunnels built by the New Zealand Tunnelling Company as part of the preparations for the Battle of Arras. We’ll remember Australia’s role in this battle at Bullecourt, with a stop at the Digger Memorial later this afternoon. Concluding the day in lovely Amiens, we’ll have the evening to spend as we wish. Accommodation: Hôtel Le Prieuré (or similar)
Day 5 - Amiens – Somme – Amiens
The Somme still captivates the soul and it’s here that the ANZACs first saw major action in 1916. Today we’ll visit Pozières and Mouquet Farm – significant sites for the Australian soldiers, as well as Longueval and Flers, which were similarly monumental to the Kiwis. Before returning to Amiens, we’ll also take some time to remember the colossal loss experienced by Great Britain – with a visit to the Thiepval Memorial to the Missing of the Somme. Reconvening this evening, we’ll reminisce on our unforgettable tour over a farewell dinner. Accommodation: Hôtel Le Prieuré (or similar)
Day 6 - Amiens – Villers-Bretonneux – Lille
As the home of the National War Memorial, Villers-Bretonneux is central to Australian WWI commemoration and memory. Today we’ll visit the Franco-Australian Museum, a site paying tribute to the brave Australian soldiers who helped save the town and a monument to international solidarity. We’ll make a brief stop at Sir John Monash Centre before shifting our focus to the last year of the war – with a visit to Le Hamel. Our tour will conclude upon our return to Lille.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 26 September 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.